Finally I Have Boobs! Motiva Ergonomix 320cc Silicone Implants, Subfascial - Finland, FI

Hello everyone and greetings from Finland! I had...

Video from day 8.
0:38
Hello everyone and greetings from Finland! I had my breast augmentation nine days ago and wanted to share my experience with you. I am 31 years old for a few days still and I weigh 53 kilos (116 lbs) and measure 156 cm (5'1") in height. I have breastfed one child for two years, but my breasts were not saggy at all. They were just very tiny, and not a good match with my wide hips. I used to wear mostly 32B, sometimes even 32C or 34B. I know, my pre-op boobs don't look like a C cup, but i wouldn't fit in A or AA.

My goal was to achieve a relatively natural look with a moderate increase in size. I did not want high profile implants and absolutely did not want them under the muscle, as I lift weights regularly and my pectorals are quite thick. I also dislike the hardness and immobile look of submuscular implants, not to mention the risk of animation deformity. Many weightlifters complain that submuscular implants feel strange during pectoralis contraction. I'd rather thave a little less natural look but more softness to the implants.

Right now, of course, my breasts are still very hard and swollen, but i feel them getting softer each day. I'm quite excited about how I will look after a few months! I will post a few photos and upload a video, since I feel that videos give the best picture of how the implants actually look. I have 320 cc Motiva Ergonomix, demi profile (this is the second lowest profile, there are four different profiles). The implants are 11,75 cm in diameter and 3,9 cm in height. Motiva Ergonomix is a new implant with high cohesive silicone gel that changes its shape from round to teardrop when it is held upright. The implants have a passive transponder chip in them that contains their manufacturing information. My implants are placed in the subfascial plane.

Two weeks update

I took a few pictures yesterday. My boobs are two weeks old! Can't really say that much has changed yet. Breasts are still clearly very tight and swollen. I don't have much pain, but my nipples and skin are extremely sensitive. Feels like a severe sunburn, even the lightest and softest fabric feels bad on my breasts. Mu skin also itches. My breast are a bit more mobile now in the sideways direction, but they don't have any bounce yet.

I don't know how BA patients are adviced to care for the wounds and scars in other countries, but in Finland and Sweden (to my knowledge) it is adviced that patients use tape over the scars for a few months even, to prevent the scar from widening (because the weight of the breast stretches the scar eventually and sometimes this can cause the scar to become very thick). I haven't seen this practice in RealSelf reviews from the US, I wonder if this is somekind of nordic thing? Anyway, this is why i will be having the tape on my scars in my pictures to come.

I will be posting a new video on the one month mark.

Some new bras

I'm not supposed to wear an underwire bra yet, just the surgical bra or a sports bra. My surgical bra is quite noticeable under summer tops, so I wanted to get something that doesn't shout "surgery recovery bra" out to everyone. Of course the sports bra straps show easily too, but they don't have weird looking clasps in them and the whole bra has less fabric in the back.

Just a few pictures!

Everything is going well. The skin and nipple hypersensitivity is getting slowly better. I am now able to do most normal, everyday activities as long as I don't overly strain my chest. I haven't done any weight lifting or any other proper excercising yet, not even light yoga or pilates. Only rather slow paced walks and some biking. I plan on trying some pilates classes soon as they usually don't involve chest excercises or anything too strenuous.

Here are a couple of photos. I'm so happy to be able to wear that lace dress without a bra now, as I have boobs now even without one. :D The dress has a lace back that really doesn't look good with a bra showing. I did have one of those adhesive silicone bras though, but it never fit me.

One month

One month
0:42
It's now been one month since my surgery. Here's a new video, sorry about the blurriness in the beginning. My breasts have become somewhat more mobile and softer, but I feel there is still significant tightness and swelling. And of course, they are implants and I am rather thin, so they will always be what they are - two silicone balls under my skin with edges, not like fat tissue that tapers off. I will post a new video at three months.

I also included a picture with my new bra (no underwire, no padding, 32D) and one of the same bra with a top. I do like how my breast look in clothes now.

Photos of boobs when lying down and bending over

I tried to show how my breasts look when I'm lying on my back or bending over.

Pictures of scars

I will add some pictures of my scars 5 weeks post op. I am currently using silicone sheets over them because the paper tape irritated my skin.

Silicone sheets for scars

An update about the silicone sheets I use on my scars, as requested. Sorry it took so long! The brand I'm using is Mepiform (manufactured by Mölnlycke), but I'm sure other similar brands work as well. This one is available at least in Europe. They help old scars become flatter and lighter and they provide a good environment for fresh scars to heal without becoming thick and red. The instructions say that they should be worn for several weeks or months even to get the best results. So far, I've noticed that the skin around my scars is more moisturized and less flaky and itchy than with the paper tape. I've heard a few stories that at this point of recovery, the scars begin to widen if they are not supported with a tape, even though right now they look thin. I will be using these sheets for a couple of months now.

The downside to these sheets is that they are quite expensive (32 euros or 35 dollars/five small sheets), but the good thing is that they can be used for up to a week and reattached after they are taken off (which should be done once a day).

6 weeks today

A collage of three pictures, in black and white this time just for fun. Sorry, lighting was bad and pics are a little blurry.

Pictures at seven weeks

My camera just keeps taking pictures of my boobs, I can't help it! Don't know if there's really anything new, but here's how they look right now. I'm very happy!

Three months and doing great!

Three months
0:59
It's been three months now and everything is going well. I have no discomfort and breasts feel and look nice. Nipple sensitivity is almost back to normal. I have some numbness especially on my left breast, but it is slowly getting better. Scars are still red, but doing fine also. I still use the silicone sheets, might be switching to scar creams in a few weeks. I made a new video and took some photos. I'm considering starting upper body exercises, although I've been to the gym less now due to work stress.