Rhinoplasty Changed My Life. Farmington, CT

I'm 20 years old (19 at the time of my surgery)...

I'm 20 years old (19 at the time of my surgery) and I've always been picked on for my nose. After getting surgery to not only repair a deviated septum, but also improve the shape, I have found a confidence I never knew I had. Although I am still paying off the surgery, I am so unbelievably happy I went through with it. Totally worth it.

Yes, the recovery process is a pain in the butt, but it went by a lot faster than I thought. Maybe I'm just a quick healer since I am only 20, but I was back to work (being VERY careful) after a week.
The first 3 days of recovery were the worst. The pain felt like a very very bad sinus infection and my throat hurt terribly from the breathing tube that had been inserted during surgery. The medication (oxycodone) helped tremendously however. Not being able to lay flat it very uncomfortable and frustrating but it's bearable for a few days. After about 3-4 days (approx) the doctor removed the packing which was very uncomfortable. I'm not sure how else to explain the feeling except for (excuse the gross comparison) a tampon being pulled out of your nose. After the packing was removed and the cast was taken off I felt much better. I did not have feeling in my nose for about 3 months after but it was not too bothersome to me. I did find the stitches to be somewhat annoying since they were visible and had a bit of dried blood in them but they dissolved eventually.

As much discomfort as I was in, I still think this nosejob was totally woth it.
Hartford Plastic Surgeon

Very honest, knowledgeable and funny. I showed him a photo of a nose I liked and he was very honest and said that it would look a bit awkward with my face shape. He made another suggestion about how to alter the nose and although I couldn't envision it, I trusted him and was absolutely in love with the result. He cracked a few jokes that really helped me to feel much more comfortable when I sat waiting to be taken to the operating room. Would definitely see him again.