Here We Go! - Belleville, IL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm 24 years old. 5'3 155 lbs. 34h / 36 gg I've...

I'm 24 years old. 5'3 155 lbs. 34h / 36 gg

I've been thinking about getting a breast reduction for years. I started developing in elementary school. In 5th grade I was a B or C cup already. D or DD by the time I got out of middle school. As I got older I gained weight; but 2.5 years ago decided to start losing. I've steadily lost 65 pounds and no more than a couple have come from my breasts. Once I noticed my breasts weren't shrinking I told my husband that as soon we we had good insurance I would start the process of getting a breast reduction.

Back in March I went to my PCM to talk about it. Got referred to physical therapy. After 8 sessions at 3x per week the pain was much worse. I went back to my PCM and she got me referred to a plastic surgeon.

I had my first consultation on the 13th and I am now just waiting for my insurance to hopefully approve the procedure so I can get this done.

Wish me luck!


Got a call this morning from my surgeon's office. My insurance approved the surgery.

I have a second consultation next week, while I'm there I'll get to schedule the surgery.

I'm so excited.


I'm not comfortable posting my face or bare breasts; but I will post the most upsetting [to me] before photo I have. My boobs are freaking head sized!!!

I'm planning to take more before photos of me in various clothes, then again once the surgery is over.

I'm going to ask for a C cup.

Surgery in 2 months!

Got my surgery scheduled for Wednesday Sept. 11th. Gotta be there at 5:30 and the surgery should start around 7:30.

I'll have either my husband or mother-in-law [who is one of the few people I told that I'm having this surgery] taking care of me the few days that I'm told I'll need it.

I told him to shoot for a C cup, but no smaller. Since I know that doctors can't guarantee a size [hell, bra specialty stores can't even size people correctly a lot of the time] I'm not going to buy any new wire bras until I've finished healing and the swelling has gone. Of course I'll get some comfy sleeping bras to hold my new ladies up.

I am sooooooo freaking excited!

~1 Month

I've got a little over one month left. I've been keeping myself pretty busy so it's not all I think of but every day before my bath I hold my boobs up in the mirror trying to cover most of them so I can imagine how they'll look after surgery.

Also been looking at swim suits [something I've NEVER done] to wear on a vacation I might take next year. And of course looking at cute bras; which I've never really been able to wear.

2 weeks until pre-op appointment

3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! And a couple days. But still.

I plan to turbo-boost my weight loss by running without my girls slapping around all over the place. Doing P90X [that I haven't been able to actually do cause these darn things]. That way I wont

Boy am I excited for everything!
Most of all not looking lumpyfrumpy in my favorite dress cause my boobs make me look so wide.

I'm only slightly nervous. That may grow as time gets close but I'm mostly excited!

1 week till pre-op appointment.

I have 1 more week until my pre-op appointment. Then the week after that I'll finally have my surgery!

I've still been bouncing [lol] back and forth between C and D cup. But that will all be in the surgeons hands.

My in-laws are coming into town tomorrow. A few days visit before they visit my husband's grandmother. BUT! After that my mother-in-law is coming back. She's going to help me prepare for the surgery. We'll probably go to the store and buy some easy food [sammiches!] and other things I may need. She'll be here a few days before the surgery, and for about 4 or 5 days after my surgery to help me out. So lucky I have a wonderful mother-in-law. 2 more weeks!

Pre-op tomorrow

Busy day tomorrow. Pre-op appointment and pre-op blood tests and whatever else they do there. I'm worried I wont wake up in time. :c I have to take the Mr. to work at 6 am so hopefully i'll be able to stay up after that.

I'll probably buy some cheap front-close bras to switch out my surgical bra with either tomorrow or this weekend when my MIL is in town. They're super cheap near my house.
Also planning on taking some before pictures. I'll upload them when I can.


Appointment and testing went well. I got there early cause I had an errand to run before hand and since it was morning they were able to get me in shortly after I arrived.

Got to speak with one of the anesthesiologist and since I get some pretty sad motion sickness he gave me a prescription for one of those patches you put behind your ear. I'm supposed to put it on the night before surgery and it'll last 72 hours.
Also got some soap I'm supposed to use the night before and then again the morning before. That'll be fun! Since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM I'll have to wake up even earlier to shower. But it's to super clean my boob area to reduce chances of infection.

Before Photos

Took some before pictures.

My boobs make me look so frumpy.

2 days

It's Monday morning. :>
Went shopping yesterday and will be going to more stores today and tomorrow.
Apparently front closure bras are only sold at Wal*mart here. But I got some comfortable sleep bras. 2 for 8 bucks; thank you Marshalls.

I've yet to go to Wal*mart but should be able to go there today.

In 2 days I should be done with the surgery. :D

To Do

Wash Sheets - Nurse told me that i need to sleep on clean sheets the night before.
Pack - Clothes, medicine, entertainment [book, phone], charger
Leave - Deodorant [i was told I can't smell purty], jewelry.

Tomorrow is the big day.
In 24 hours I should be awake from surgery with smaller boobs!
I don't know if I'll be able to sleep. I have to be awake at 4 or so, so I can take my before surgery antiseptic shower. I have to be there by 5:30. Surgery is scheduled to start at 7:30 and it's supposed to take about 3 hours.

I don't think I'll be able to update for a week, depending on how well I do; but I will definitely be back here to update on how everything goes.

Can't sleep!

I can't sleep. It's about an hour until I have to start getting ready. I've had about an hour and a half of sleep. I'm thirsty and hungry and can't have any food or water since it's past midnight.

I've got everything ready, I just need my second antiseptic scrub.
I'm just going to waste time looking at bras and watching weird videos on the internet.

I know for 100% certain I'm getting an orange bra. :D

1 day after

I got back home today around noon. Been lazing around on the couch judging people on house hunters.

Surgery went well. I have feeling in my left nipple, which I was surprised at since it's usually said to not happen so soon. My surgeon was pleased.
They gave me 2 surgical bras to switch out and 6 days worth of gauze to change out.

I have my first post-op appointment next week, hopefully all goes well then.
I still havn't seen them without the bra, but they look good.

Day 2

Slept on the couch last night so I could be propped up and the Mr. wouldn't accidentally roll over onto me. I, surprisingly, slept really well only getting up once to go potty.

There's minor pain and minor bleeding. Not much blood on the gauze when I changed it this morning, and hopefully less tomorrow when I change it again.
When the Mr. helped me re-dress my breasts I forgot to inspect them closely. I think I saw a bump near my nipple; I'll have to examine that tomorrow when I change dressings again.

I have feeling in both my nipples, which is great. I'll post a few pictures some time next week possibly. After my 1 week post-op appointment.

I'm able to sit up at the computer and watch videos comfortably.

I can't wait to see how they'll look without all the swelling and blood.
My throat is sore from the breathing tube, still. Which sucks, but I've been drinking plenty of water.

Day 3

Had my first shower today. I have to admit I was nervous but everything went fine.
I was able to re-dress my chest by myself.
Everything is tender and itchy. :c

There was no blood on the right gauze from yesterday. Only a little on the left gauze; but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some after the shower. I'm not graceful so I probably moved too much or too fast.

I switched to Tylenol in place of my Vicodin; the Vicodin was giving me a major headache; throbbing and everything. I was barely able to sleep last night because of it.

I inspected my chest better today. Very minor bruising. They're not terribly misshapen but I still can't wait until they're done swelling so I can know what size I am. I hope that if I stop bleeding I'll be able to wear a more comfortable bra that doesn't compress my chest. I'll find out at my first post op next Thursday.

Apparently my husband had expected them to look worse, so he's happy about how they are so far.

Nausea :<

Tylenol hasn't helped with the pain like I hoped it would. I have to go back to the Vicodin tomorrow. Hopefully the headaches won't be as bad. I'm also really nauseous.

No blood since this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to stop wearing this compression bra. It's so uncomfortable and itchy.

Day 4

No blood what-so-ever on my gauze from yesterday.

My MIL took us out to dinner, since this is her last night here. I decided to try wearing a comfortable bra. Just a pull over stretchy bra, no wires or anything. It is so comfortable!

And today, when I looked in the mirror, I was so close to crying. I looked in the mirror and I felt like I look how I'm supposed to look. These past few days I've been bloated like you wouldn't believe. I already have problems with constipation and the medication is NOT helping one bit. It's awful. But today I felt so good and so happy with my decision.

I'm still wearing that comfy bra. I'll have to fight with myself if I decide to put the surgical vest back on. I'm calling my surgeon's office tomorrow to ask if it's ok that I go ahead and keep wearing a more comfortable bra, since I've not had bleeding for 2 days.

I feel so good. I know my stomach looks larger than it used to, and I know that will cause me some "fat days" in the future. But I also know that I'm going to be able to do more intense and regular exercise.

Day 5: I miss hugs.

A bit more painful today. I think I'm developing bruises from the surgical vest? They were not there the first 2 or 3 days but now it's pretty painful. Also slightly nauseous today. =sigh= I might just be moving too much. I'm not sure.

I still love my new boobs, though. Every time I go to the bathroom [which is often cause I have a small bladder + I'm drinking a lot of water] I look at them. It's already hard to remember how they used to look! I love it.

My husband is happy with them as well. I know that's partly because I'm happy, but they're also probably going to be a D cup so he can't complain about that.

1 week post op is on Thursday. My husband's shift work allows him to take me to the appointment, which is great cause I'm still taking Vicodin every 4 hours.

I miss hugs so much! I still hug my husband and dog, but it's at a weird angle so nothing touches my chest. I want to be able to cuddle without either of us worrying about me getting hurt.

Day 6: Not hunching over when I stand is weird.

It's 1 am. I'm usually awake at this time, watching some video game tournament. :B

The pain is pretty consistent. About a 3 or 4 constantly and I've been taking the Vicodin every 4 hours.

I have my 1 week post op Thursday. I'm kind of nervous. Mostly wondering if I can finally wear a sleeping bra instead of this very uncomfortable [and painful because it's pressing my bruises] surgical vest. But I'm also kinda of scared that he'll take the steri tape off. I KNOW that will hurt. I'm more nervous about it than I was about my surgery.

My boobs aren't as hard any more, so I think that means the swelling is gone down. There has been no blood since Saturday after my first shower; and that was not even half a teaspoon worth of blood. I'm pretty happy about how they seem to be healing. I am no expert, so I can just assume I'm doing well until my surgeon confirms. I guess I'm paranoid that way?When I lightly touch my boobs I get goosebumps, so I know my nerves have not been damaged.

I cannot wait until I'm able to lay down on something other than my back. I miss my bed, I miss hugs, and I miss being comfortable while I sleep! But it will all be worth it. :>

Day of Surgery

I guess I should go into a little detail about what happened at the hospital.

My procedure was scheduled for 7:30 am, I had to arrive at 5:30.
Got there with my mother in law, got my wrist band with my info and was sent into a waiting room to wait for the numerous people who would be seeing me before my surgery.
Nurse came in and had me change into the gown. They got a urine sample for a pregnancy test because they couldn't get that during the pre-op appointment. [It was 8 days before my surgery an that's too far out for a pregnancy test.] It was negative, obviously.
Nurse went over my medical history and medications. Gave me a hand IV, the tape was pulling my hand hair and it hurt. :(
Anesthesiologist came in and asked me if i had any problems with anesthesia; and asked if I had put on the motion sickness patch behind my ear. I had and everything was good.
My surgeon was 30 minutes late, but the time went by pretty fast.
When it was time to go, the anesthesiologists came back, I don't even remember them putting anything in my IV. Maybe they didn't, I was SO tired from having only 1.5 hours of sleep the night before. But before I even got around 2 corners I was out and didn't come-to until after the surgery.

Once I came-to they asked me what my pain level was and it was pretty non existent.
They wheeled me into my room and I remember saying hi to my mother in law. They put the gurney next to the bed and told me to take my time trying to wiggle over. I did that and they took my vitals and left.

One problem I had was that I could not pee. The same problem happened when I had my gallbladder out. I asked a couple time for a catheter. Eventually they went ahead and gave me one [she had to wait for permission from my surgeon, eventually went ahead without it since I was obviously not able to pee and needed it.]
I expected her to just insert the catheter with the bag attached and leave. Nope. She sat there with it and let my bladder drain some into a plastic bowl. It was kind of awkward but I had to pee so I didn't care too much.
I did thank her, though. I said "thank you" a lot there.
The catheter helped. I was able to get up and use the restroom whenever I needed. I drank a lot of water, so it was often. They were happy that I was able to get up on my own.

They didn't have my attached to the IV the entire time. They only hooked me up for what I remember being nausea medicine? They used syringes for morphine and most other things, so I didn't have to roll the IV into the bathroom every time I had to go.

They gave me a liquid lunch. Beef broth, apple juice, milk, and some cold orange flavored something. My throat was VERY sore for a few days after surgery.
I only had to eat the liquid meal once. The dinner I had a grilled cheese. I was able to ask for ice cream, as well. :)

The next morning I had to wait for the surgeon to come in around 9:45. He checked on me, looked at my breasts and changed the dressing. Everything looked good and they started the discharge process.
An hour or so later i was headed home.

The nurses were great. Very helpful, nice, and professional. Very different from the nurses when I got my gallbladder out.

1 week follow up

Had my 1 week today.
I sometimes forget to ask my questions during the visit, but I remembered a couple. I cannot switch to a sports bra yet. I don't have to wear the dressing since I'm not leaking any fluids. He's happy with how they look, and so am I. I got a re-fill of the vicodin just in case I'll need it more this week.

I have a 2 week follow up next week; he said he'll take the steri strips off then. I inspected them today and they're starting to peel very slightly. I haven't touched them except to dry them after a shower. I'm pretty proud of myself for that, I definitely pick at scabs, pimples, etc.

I told my parents today. I'm surprised at how well my mom took it. I was worried that she'd be upset since she's not always liked the idea of going to doctors for even simple medicines. She understands that they are a pain though. We laughed that they took off enough tissue to make up her boobs, and possibly more. My conversation with my dad was more awkward, as i thought it'd be. But he understands that I needed to get this done as well. I got the "big boob" gene from his side of the family so he probably has heard his 3 sisters complain.

My boobs are starting to jiggle more, so the swelling is going down. They're super sensitive; not in a painful way but more in a goose bumps/ tickle when i even slightly touch them.

I'll probably continue to sleep down stairs, my husband rolls around a lot when he sleeps and I just don't want to risk him hurting me. He also has a tendency to grab my boobs in his sleep. [I think it's hilarious.]

I'm going to put up some after pictures tomorrow while the Mr. is at work.


Some after photos + pictures of my derpy dog


I drove some today. It hurt, but I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up more pain medicine.

I was also able to wash some dishes today. So I'm making progress.
My steri tape is starting to peel, but not too much. I'm trying my best to not pick at it.

Literal bumps in the road

The Mr. drove us over to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things for the car and some bubble bath cause we were out. I haven't taken ANY pain medicine today and I was feeling great.
I was able to do some dishes. They're not exactly where they're supposed to be in the cupboards but they're as far in as I could reach and that's good enough for me. :)
BUT... oh man... that car ride. And even walking around the store. Ugh. I'll take some Vicodin with dinner.

I'm pretty pleased that I was able to go for so long without taking any pain medicine. It honestly was not a painful day up until our little trip.

In other news. I'm so emotional! I haven't been able to properly hug my husband in over a week. I can't even sleep in the same room as him. I feel so deprived and it's so frustrating. I'm going to try to sleep upstairs in our bed tonight. Maybe even take a longer shower than normal, but making sure I don't get my boobs too wet.

Wish me luck, ladies. I know it'll be worth it in the long run. It's already worth it when I look in the mirror and know that this is how I'm supposed to look. But damn it's not easy.

Bed. :>

Been sleeping in my own bed the past couple of days. Last night was horrible; I could not sleep. Maybe an hour and a half before the Mr. got up to go to work. I can laugh at it now, but while I was laying there trying to sleep he was tossing and turning all over the place. It was like he was rubbing it in my face that he doesn't have to sleep on his back! XD
After he went to work I got maybe 2 or 3 more hours of sleep. It was a nice sleep so it sort of made up for it.

Today I also started to feel a sharp small stab in my boobs. I think it's the stitches. They're starting to lose their swelling more and droop to a more natural look so that might have something to do with it.

Still not taking more than 1 vicodin a day now, which means I can finally poop so I don't look pregnant anymore.

On Thursday I'll get my tape off. I'll post pictures on Friday or Saturday while the Mr. is at work. They're so cute!


Also.. I'M SO ITCHY!


Got my tape off. Everything looks good. It didn't hurt at all! It actually tickled.
Nothing's open, I was kinda afraid that it might be open at the T section. Nothing's itchy. I have found a few stitches sticking out, but they aren't bothering me right now.

I have another post-op in a month. And I'll post more pictures tomorrow.

OK. So, to my question. What scar treatment do you recommend?? I don't really mind scars at all, but this is going to be the biggest one I have and there's no reason not to try to reduce it as much as possible.


JUST took these pictures.

He did a nipple reduction. They're currently uneven but they'll even out more once everything heals better. My nipples are SO sensitive. I can't wait for that to go away.

I'm going to have to keep a look out of the t-section. Nothing is leaking, which is awesome, but I'm a worrier so...

I'm so happy with my cute boobies! Every time I call them "cute" my husband tells me "But boobs aren't supposed to be cute." But he agrees that they're nice.

Suddenly sore??

My incision sites are super sore today. I'm not sure exactly why, but I have a feeling it's my posture when I sit. I'm going to try to work on that. It'll be hard after forever of having terrible posture.

Took a longer shower than normal . It was nice, didn't wash my hair cause I didn't feel like dealing with that. A few scabs have come off. A few more stitches are poking through, but they're not bothering me at all.

Righty is healing slower than lefty. There's a bruise at the nipple and I'm hoping it goes away. I don't want to have to go in for another surgery if it's a hematoma. No fevers, I got up to 99.8 but it went down the next day and then normal by the end of that day.

I can already tell they're still going to be big. Defiantly NOT a C cup, but I'm ok with that. It's still about 5 sizes down from my original H cup. I'll still be able to shop at VS and I can jiggle test sports bras instead of trusting online reviews.

Also been pretty nauseous lately. Strangely, always around 9. I honestly cannot imagine why. It is the same nausea + headache that comes when I'm having an "intolerance' reaction to food [pecans, lactose].

Tomorrow I'm going to try to go grocery shopping by myself. Or maybe ask my husband to join me, but I'll be the primary shopper. Also going to try to find a job near by. Something that'll keep me out of the house. I've been getting pretty bored and being stuck in the house has made me emotional. I guess it's a feeling of being trapped?

Almost 3 weeks post-op. Overall- even with all the pain and discomfort. I'm still very happy to have made this decision.

4 weeks

I'm 4 weeks out today. Still very happy with everything.

Most of my scabs are gone. I bought some Bio-Oil and I've been using it on the parts that have no scabs. The scars look great even without having to use anything on them.

I've also been sleeping in my bed the past few days. It's awesome but I tend to roll onto my side pretty often and it's hurting my boobs. Today they're extra sore from it. My husband has not been rolling over and putting his arm around me in his sleep; he used to do that every night and put his arm directly on my boobs. I'm happy that, even in his sleep, he's careful.

I'm happy about their size. I know they'll still shrink a little but I'm sure they'll be a D. They fit my body so well! I can't wait to start to be able to do some exercise and lose some more weight.

I'm already so used to these new adorable boobs that I've almost forgotten what it's like to have huge mega boobs.

Over 1 month.

I changed my username. lol

I wore one of the dresses in my "before" photos. The difference is amazing.
I really don't remember what it's like to have giant boobs.

I still have a few scabs that are being stubborn, but they are mostly gone. I have my 6 week post-op next week. I'm hoping he'll be able to pull out some of these exposed stitches.

The scars look great. I'll take more pictures once all of the scabs are gone.

6 weeks

6 weeks since I went in for the surgery. Still no regrets. Everything seems to be healing up nicely.

I have some hard spots on my right breast, on the side. I think they're just the stitches. I'm going to a post-op tomorrow so I'll be able to ask then.

Still not able to sleep on my stomach or side and they're still swollen and sore when I accidentally sleep wrong. But otherwise they're fine.

I have some more pictures of the scars. There are still a few small areas that have scabs on them.
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful