Mastoplexy with Lipo Assist. Welcome Back Breasts of my Youth!

I will be turning 62 in December, and I feel OK...

I will be turning 62 in December, and I feel OK with aging. I'm my mind I'm still the free living hippie I was when I was young, even though I've had both knees replaced, greyed to near white, have a pooch due to total hysterectomy, gained and lost countless pounds. The only thing I couldn't deal with was my sagging breasts. Time to do something about it.

Scheduling surgery through 24 hours post op

I was so ready for this surgery that from my first visit with Dr. Rex, I booked my surgery for 8 days later, and luckily I got pre tested the same day, so I wouldn't have to make a trip back to Fall River until my surgery date on 9/28.
I have read so many of your stories that I was prepared for anything after coming home. My husband, who is a sweet guy, took the week off to take care of me.
My surgery date came, and again was lucky as I was scheduled first at 7:30 am, so I wasn't even hungry when we left home at 5:45am.
From arrival, I waited no time to be taken to pre op, changed, has IV set, and Dr. Rex was there to mark me up....needless to say plenty of drawing was necessary since me breasts were to hanging close to my navel!!
I was taken off for surgery, and the next thing I was awake and it was finished.....them I was starving, so are anything they would give me and by early afternoon I was on my way home. Little to no pain at that time, but I could feel that my chest was tighter although strapped into a post surgical bra. Thank you Dr. Rex who encouraged showering and if you don't like the your torture bra you are in then get another! His other instructions were to resume your life as you can.
I am lucky because I have a lazy boy recliner and a craftmatic like bed, so it was easy to stay propped up.
I found that most of the pain I had came from the lipo Dr. Rex did on the sides of my breast under the arm and from the pressure of having everything out back up to where it once was. Being what they are doing is really superficial, after 24 hours I was good with some Advil when needed.

Week One...What are these strange looking things?

My first week post op was really uneventful. Pain minimal to none, but pressure of my chest is an acute reminder of what has been done. I can't wait to see how they finally turn out, but my chest currently is crusted with market and glue, and she lovely shades of black and blue....but NO REGRETS....they are going to be great. I have slowly moved back into my normal life, but find by the end of the day I'm exhausted. In reading many of your stories, this is normal, and hopefully this passes soon. Until then, I just do what my body allows. Have been back to the doctor once. He took out 4 staples, taped me scars, and said I was doing fine, change the tape every few days until I see him again.

16 days and counting....

Well, I love my new look. After all the markets and glue comes off a new you apoears! Everyday they change a little. They are slowly becoming softer and the tightness has eased off until days end, when as always I'm exhausted and feeling really tight.
I'm the past few days I have noticed redness as long the bottom suture line, and last night what looked like a dine size blister/access (not sure what it is), along bottom suture line. I have no fever, not is it warm to toych, so I can only think this has to do with chafing of my sports bra on a section of skin that was located somewhere else on September 28th, and needs to get used to its new home. I will call the doctor today to see if there is anything else I can do, or if this is just part of the process of healing.....

My breasts made me feel terrible!

I took these after I saw Dr. Rex and booked my surgery to show why I decided this look was enough. My breasts had been this way for excuses..bad genes on my Mom's side of the family..
Dr. Ira Rex

I like Dr. Rex. Sure, His name, and two others kept coming to me while reading all stories on Real Self. Good marketing, but I made the right choice with the first name on the list. Nice guy..makes you feel comfortable, answers your questions, gives you options. Within 30 minutes I was all in. I worked in the medical arena until I retired and I just really found him refreshing after knowing as many surgeons as I have in my life. Dr Rex makes you feel like it's ok to be naked to the waist and having pictures of your breasts taken. If you can feel comfortable with a doctor doing that well.... he's your guy. That's Dr. Rex