New Life - Fairfield, CT

I’ve been lurking on this page for a few months...

I’ve been lurking on this page for a few months now. I am a 38 year old mother of 1. I’ve contemplating having the surgery for a few years now, a couple years ago I managed to lose the weight on my own. However after different life events I’ve gained the weight I lost plus more. I am currently 347lbs and only 5’3 I’ve never been this heavy before and so uncomfortable.
I’ve managed to get all of my clinics done and now it’s the waiting game with my insurance company. I am excited and nervous about the process. I am ready to be healthier and more active for my child.

I got approved

I am beyond ecstatic today I received notification from my doctor’s office I was approved and they also scheduled my surgery for 5/31. I am extremely excited and nervous about this journey. I am ready for a healthier happy me. I have an almost 3 yr old and I cant want for the moment I am able to keep up with him.

The Count Down

I met with my surgeon, purchase my shake for my pre op diet and the reality that I will be sleeved on the 31st has set in. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I know this is something I have to do to improve my health and mobility!

Liquid Diet

Day one of the liquid diet and I am hungry already.

I'm sleeved

So I got sleeved 5/31 and I'll tell you a little about my experience. I got to the hospital at 930 and by 1030 I was headed into the OR. I the entire staff at St Vincents Hospital was the absolute best. I was in recovery for about an hour or so. No pain the but the nausea was the worst ever. Once move to my room I begin sipping water. I continued with the terrible nausea but no pain. The nausea almost made me regret having the surgery it was that terrible especially when you have nothing to throw up. Sleep like a baby, the next day I woke as if nothing had happened the day before, walking sipping no pain from the surgery and thank God no gas pains I had been hearing about. Day three was check out day felt like a million buck until I got in the car to leave. The car ride home made me sicker than I had been the entire stay at the hospital. First day home was the worst the nausea wouldn't leave couldn't even keep the water down. Went to bed gagging but woke up feeling ok...this is day four and happy I am feeling well and no nausea. I do have to say I've been extremely tired but other than that all is well and I am happy and excited about where this journey is going to take me.
HW 342