JUVEDERM for 44 Y.O. with Disappearing Upper Lip - Fairbanks, AK

I have read (stalked ? ;) so many reviews that...

I have read (stalked ? ;) so many reviews that other people have posted for various procedures so I thought I'd give back a little and share mine, even though it's not a big deal to get lip filler, maybe it will help someone.

I go tomorrow to get Juvederm in my lips. I have never had much of an upper lip and as I got older it seems to be disappearing altogether! And the distance between my lip and nose is too long, and seems to be growing! After finding out about Lip Lifts here on RS I hope to have that procedure done once I am living back in the Lower 48 (there are only a few PS here in Alaska and none that specialize in that.)

But for NOW I am going to try Juvederm Ultra Plus in my lips, and see if that helps bring back some plumpness. I am going to ask him about filler for my nasiolabial (parentheses) lines for a future date, but for now just going to focus on my lips! They quoted me 650 for regular Juvaderm and 800 for the Ultra which is supposed to last longer. I think I will go that route unless the doc recommends the other.

Will post an update after the procedure. :)

Didn't Hurt as Much as I Was Expecting!

Had my Juvederm today! Dr. Jensen and his staff were so nice. He prepped me for what to expect and we discussed what I was looking for. He ended up using .5 cc of Juvederm Ultra XC in my upper lip, and just .1 cc in my lower lip to fill in an asymmetry. My eyes watered a bit but it wasn't bad. (Did not use numbing cream). He used the cannula method. I used arnica right away and am having some swelling but so far so good. I feel like a duck right now lol. My lip feels really firm, and a little achy, but not any real pain.

I go back in a couple of weeks for a touch up if needed. He said to expect around a 25% reduction in what I have now, due to the swelling subsiding. Included lots of pics-- hope this helps others know sort of what they might expect on the day of the treatment.

So Far So good!

Was really duckfaced last night and even a little this morning, but iced it for a while and was able to go to work. I love the results so far! I'm happy there hasn't been any bruising!

Day 2 Swelling has gone down nicely

So far no brusining and really no redness anymore. My lips feel a little dry so I have been using lip balm and drinking water. But I think it is looking pretty good so far, for 2 days out. I know there's still some swelling to go down, which will hopefully leave a nice, natural result. <3

Before After

Before Afters 2 days post

DAY 3 I love it so far!

Now that the swelling is still going down I see a very pretty, much poutier lip there!

8 Days Post and still loving results!

I think my lips are still looking better, and more natural every day. I am always wearing lip gloss and lipstick these days to show them off! I go in for a "touch up" on October 13th. Dr. jensen is very skilled at juvederm placement, and I am very happy so far.
Fairbanks Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Jensen and his team are wonderful. I felt completely comfortable the entire time. He is very professional, patient, and took time to explain everything to me, before during and after my procedure. I am so happy I found Dr. Jensen! I would not hesitate to recommend him, and I look forward to continuing to go to him for any other needs that might come up.