Excited but So Nervous I'm Talking Myself out of It!

First I want to thank all of the women who have...

First I want to thank all of the women who have shared their story on here and the really brave women who have posted their pictures. It has been so helpful that I feel like I should return the favor. Since I was 16 I have wanted to have a BA. Like many other women I waited and waited for my breasts to fill in and that just never happened. After two children (ages 9 & 5) and breastfeeding, what little boobs I had now sag. I am only 27 and I feel like my boobs do not portray that age. I am 5'4 and 120 lbs. I also live a very active lifestyle. I work out 6-7 times a week.

So my husband moved us to Europe for his job 6 months ago. He told me that if a BA is something I was serious about that now would be a good time. I agree because I feel like getting it done over here I won't have to see everyone everyday and go from no boobs to big boobs over night. I know that this is something I've always wanted but it is REALLY scary to actually go through with it. I wish I had the personality where I could just make decisions and never look back with no regrets. I really worry about my daughter as well and telling her to love herself for who she is and then I had plastic surgery. It's just a lot to consider. I also worry too much about what others think. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is how I feel and how my husband feels about it.

My husband and I do not want a big fake look at all! I am a 34B in a Victoria Secret bra. I've been to two consultations and I liked the 2nd surgeon the best. However, like many stories I've read on here they both said different things and I am feeling confused. The first surgeon suggested Mentor silicone, inframmary incision, over the muscle, 250-300 ccs. The 2nd (the one I liked) suggests Mentor silicone, inframmary incision, under the muscle, 350-400ccs. 400ccs just sounds way too big to me. I will have my husband take pics of front/side view and post them soon.

Not much has changed. I've pretty much decided...

Not much has changed. I've pretty much decided that I want to go with the second doctor. My husband and I were thinking of scheduling sometime in February. I wanted to wait until after the holidays because we are going back home and I don't want that to be the focus of our visit when we haven't seen everyone in so long. It seems so far away and still not quite real.

I can't decide what size I want. I will be really upset if they are too big. I just worry that if I go too small they won't fill out nicely. Is 275, 300, 325 that big of a difference? Looking at before and after photos just makes everything so much more confusing.

So I'm still just in a waiting phase. If any of...

So I'm still just in a waiting phase. If any of you are in the same position of waiting do you go back and forth on your decision? I'm the type of person that when I want something I want it now so I don't have time to worry over it (which isn't always a good thing.) When I have time to think about a big decision I waver back and forth. Some days I'm all for it and really excited, and then other days I feel like I don't need the surgery. I never have days where I just LOVE my breasts. I never have and I don't think I ever will as they are. Just wondering if any of you feel that way?

Update

It has been a really long time since I have updated this site and we have moved back to the states. I have gone back and forth and finally made a decision to go through with it!!! I am getting Mentor Silicone implants, under the muscle, 275-325 CCs, and my incision will be areola. I'm 100% sold on my doctor. I'm so tired of thinking about this. It's been 15 years in the making and I'm ready to just get this done and move forward. Last time I was so worried about what anyone would think and concerned about my daughter and being a good example. Well I've already talked to my daughter about it (she is almost 13) and she was so supportive and wise about it all. As far as everyone I else, I really don't care what they think. So I'm feeling peace over all I just want to get it over with. I appreciate this site and support so much so please comment and share your experiences with me. This site has been a true inspiration and life saver! Yay for boobies!

Finally Pulled the Trigger!

I am 5 hours post op and feeling good at the moment. I've been taking
the pain meds regularly, which I highly recommend. I do feel like I
have a lot of pressure on my chest but not quite an elephant. My end
result is 300cc, moderate smooth round silicone on both sides. Several
of the staff told me that they are beautiful which is good sign and
reassuring, since I can't see them! Pick a good care taker. My husband
has been absolutely amazing through this. I'm going to post before and
surgery bra. I will post more when you can see them better. That was so
helpful to me on this site. Let me know if you have any questions!

Finally Pulled the Trigger!

I am 5 hours post op and feeling good at the moment. I've been taking the pain meds regularly, which I highly recommend. I do feel like I have a lot of pressure on my chest but not quite an elephant. My end result is 300cc, moderate smooth round silicone on both sides. Several of the staff told me that they are beautiful which is good sign and reassuring, since I can't see them! Pick a good care taker. My husband has been absolutely amazing through this. I'm going to post before and surgery bra. I will post more when you can see them better. That was so helpful to me on this site. Let me know if you have any questions!

Day 2

The pain is a little more intense today since the anesthesia has worn off. I'm taking pain meds regularly and getting plenty of rest. I woke up a lot last night but having a wedge pillow and pillows by my side have really helped. Day 2 the boobs are a bit swollen.

Day 3

I slept much better last night. I did wake up a few times and the pain was worse than it has been. My back is also starting to ache from laying here for two days. They are very swollen today and have hardened. I think that is normal so I'm not really concerned. I'm going to try to space out the meds a little longer today but if I need them I will take them. I don't think now is the time to try to be a hero about this. I'll update this later in the day.

A bit swollen

Day 4

Feeling better today even though they're still swollen and I'm still experiencing pressure. My back is killing me today. I'm using a heating pad and ice to alternate. I still haven't had a bowel movement and I've been taking laxatives since the night of my surgery. I'm going to attempt a shower today and maybe go for a short walk just so I can get up and move some.

1st Shower

The husband just helped me with a shower and I feel so much better. We also got to see what they look like as well. They look great but are too big due to the swelling.

Day 5

I'm feeling better and have only taken Advil today. Slept better last night. I can breathe without feeling like someone is sitting on my chest. Trying not to overdo it just because I feel better. I'm starting to feel cooped up and a little stir crazy but trying to relax and allow myself to heal. Last night I had a minor panic moment and wanted them out. I think it's just an emotional process too, and I've done really good at being calm so I'm trying to push any anxious thoughts out and breathe. I'm just ready for them to drop and not be so obnoxiously swollen.

Day 6

Finally have some more range of motion. The pressure is going down the more I move around. If I make sudden movements or stretch my arms too far it hurts. I had my first post-op appointment and my doctor cleared me to start exercising Thursday or Friday! I work out every day at a high intensity level so I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean that. I drove myself to my appt and that went well even though it felt a little strange and I was very cautious. They look so good! I am just ready for the swelling to go down and for them to settle. I'll post pictures tomorrow or the end of the week.

Day 7

I think the swelling is going down some.

Progress

Day 8

I'm starting to feel like myself again and really happy with the decision. I really feel ready for work in a few days so I'm grateful for the time off and fully letting myself adjust. I knew I needed more than a couple of days and I'm glad I listened to myself. I'm getting used to having boobs and it feels great. I got out of the house yesterday for the first time for thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!). I saw a lot of my family and no one noticed. My dad and step mom knew about the surgery and they both said with clothes they couldn't even tell. That was truly my goal. I didn't want it to be obvious and unless I decide I want it to be obvious and I'm pretty conservative in the way I dress so mainly no one should even think anything of it. I do already feel very confident and I thought that would take longer. Thanks for all of the support from my RealSelf family!

Day 8

1st Day back at work

Went back to work today. I'll admit that I'm a little tired and a little sore. Obviously no one would say anything to me because we are all professionals but no one even did a double take lol. I have a post-op breast massage tomorrow so that should be interesting. If anyone who is reading this has had one please feel free to comment on it! I'll update tomorrow and then Thursday I'll post two week pictures.

Two weeks today

Life is getting easier everyday with the implants. I was cleared of my surgical bra yesterday and my PS said they are looking great. I went and tried to find a wireless bra and that was a disaster and very difficult to find, not to mention uncomfortable after being in a supportive compression bra day and night for two weeks. I ended up spending way more money than I wanted on two wireless bras and a sports bra that I probably won't even be able to wear in 6 months. I did get measured and I was a 34D. I really think I'll be a C when it's all said and done.

34D Wacoal wireless Bra

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was fantastic and had amazing bed side manner. He kindly rubbed my arm in comfort while I was being put to sleep.