30 Yo Mom of 2 Gets TT and 365cc BA

I am 5'2 130lbs and an avid crossfitter. I have...

I am 5'2 130lbs and an avid crossfitter. I have two kids under 4 years old (both were 8+ pound babies). I have stretch marks (which don't really bother me) and loose skin from pregnancy. I also have a slight umbilical hernia and abdominal separation and will need repair

I Scheduled my TT w/muscle and hernia repair and BA with 345, 365 or 400cc round, smooth implants - over the muscle - for Mid November.

My pre-op appointment is in three weeks and I will make the final decision on CC size.

Grandma will be watching the kiddos while my husband helps me recover from surgery.

Pre-op complete

Surgery is paid for, prescriptions are filled, childcare is arranged. The countdown begins.

There is so much anxiety and stress that goes along with this procedure. I've probably talked myself out of it 10 times in the last week.

My pre-op was great and I feel good about my decision most hours.

I've gone back and forth about posting my before photos, but I'm looking at this as therapy. So here they are...

Made it!

Today was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. The nurses were amazingly nice and helpful. And the whole anesthesia/ going to sleep process was so quick.

The nurse said I woke up talking about coffee and how unfair it was that My husband stopped for coffee this morning when I couldn't have any. Lol. So so funny.

I never had any nausea and when I got to the hotel, my husband fed me a hummus and pita plate. I've been trying to drink a lot of water and take my pain meds every 4 hours.

For you crossfit moms out there - it feels like I did "Annie" for 60 min (basically a lot of sit ups). I'm just super sore. But not in pain.

My post op is in the morning and I can't wait to see my stomach. Prettt happy with my boobs from what I can see. Yay!

First night over

Just wanted to add a few more "before" photos before I had my post op appointment.

Just woke up from my first night and it went really well. Husband stripped my drains at 2am and I took a pain pill. It's now almost 7am and I feel like I could go a bit longer before I need another.

Really happy and thankful for how my recovery is going so far.

First look

I can't feel anything below my belly button. Doctor said he had to make a vertical incision because there wasn't enough skin. Very happy with this so far. Drains come out Monday morning. Headed home to get in my own bed. Yay! Cheers to recovery :)

BA photo!

365cc round silicone over the muscle

Slept all night!

Took a pain pill at 10pm last night and was able to sleep until 7:00am without pain. Took a half of a pill at 8am and it is now noon and I still feel good. I'm surprised at how good I feel. I had low expectations for my recovery - I assumed I'd by a hot mess of pain and regret, but I'm still feeling great. Counting down the minutes until my drains are out!

I've been icing my stomach and breasts with bags of peas on and off throughout the day. Finished the second season of Fixer Upper on Netflix. Contemplating starting a book, which is not something I've had time for in 5 years. Trashy romance novels, here I come :))

Happy healing!

Drains are out!

Took a pain pill before our 90 min drive to the doctor's office this morning in preparation for travel and drain removal. It was pretty painless and quick. Glad it's over.

Got to ditch the binder for a pair of spanx and I feel so much better. Way more comfortable. I need to buy a few more pairs - does anyone have recommendations for a shaper garment?

Also got to go to Victoria's Secret to try on some bras (but I can't wear them for another 10 days). Officially a VS 34DD in a regular bra and a 34DDD in their underwire/front zip sports bras.

The short walk in the mall was good, but I am officially spent. Time to head home and rest. I'll try to post pictures soon :))

I had to

I purchased this dress from Free People months ago in anticipation of this surgery and I'm so thrilled that I fill it out and don't have to wear a bra! I'm still a little bent over, but I don't care - love how they look :))

Last night

Tried to be a hero and just take Tylenol before bed. Woke up at 2:30am in quite a bit of pain. Took a 1/2 of a pain pill and got some relief and was able to sleep again.

Also woke up with the song that goes "I took a pill in Ibiza..." in my head lol. I suppose it's fitting.

The Spanx type garment that I'm wearing is quite uncomfortable and itchy. I almost wonder if it's too tight? But maybe it needs to be? I'm only supposed to take it off to shower - which I can't do until my drain sites are closed. Maybe in another day. I'm soooooo greasy.

Happy thanksgiving!

Got to take my first shower last night since surgery. It felt so good. I still have tape residue and markings on my body from surgery that don't seem to want to come off, but it's the last thing I'm worried about.

I'll be excited when my belly button heals more - it looks pretty gross. Other than that, I'm super happy with my healing. I feel great with more energy today. Only taking one pain pill a day (2 halves, 1 afternoon and 1 before bed). I notice by about 2pm my belly is super tight and swollen, and I start walking more bent over.

I'm having so much fun trying on clothes that never fit right. Some bras arrived yesterday from Victoria's Secret - the 34DD fits perfectly.

I can't believe it's been a week (seems a lot longer).

Happy thanksgiving!

I can't believe it's been a week (seems a lot longer).

I'm tired of sitting

I'm not even 10 days post op, but I feel really good and I'm ready to be done resting. I know I need to rest, but with two kids and a husband who's anxious to get back to real life, it's hard.

I'm completely off all prescription pain meds. Tylenol or IBP and frozen peas for pain/swelling. My incisions burn and I have twinges of pain occasionally in my abdomen, but that's it. I'm still pretty swollen, except right when I wake up. Anyone know when the swelling subsides?

Feeling more human

My husband and I went out to dinner last night with some friends - pretty low key, but I was definitely tired by the end of the night. Totally worth the adult evening though.

Today I took a 40 min HOT shower. Helped to loosen my muscles and relax my back. I'm feeling more and more human every day. Loving how my body is looking and my husband is amazed at the changes.

I can't wait to start working out again. This is the longest break in 4 years I've taken from the gym (apart from the break after having my baby a year ago).

Have my two week check up on Thursday and I'll be able to start wearing a bra - although I'm starting to enjoy the freedom of not wearing one!

Posting a before and after comparison. Slightly different angles, but you can see how smooth my stomach is now! Yay!

Two weeks!

Wanted to try on my high waisted swim bottoms that I could never wear before because you could see all the saggy skin underneath. I don't currently have a swim top that fits.

My incisions looks about the same as my last post, but my swelling is down this morning and I'm feeling skinny! Love how everything is coming. I go in for a check up tomorrow.

Happy healing xoxo

Forgot the photo. Oops!

Two week check up

I got released to pick up my one-year-old today, which is a huge relief and one step closer to getting back to normal life. I can also begin light housework (which I wasn't as excited about haha).

I can officially wear a bra if I want, which I think wearing a soft, low support one at night will help me sleep better. I always feel like the girls are getting tossed around or squished in the middle of the night if they are allowed to roam free.

I can also sleep on my side! I am a side sleeper, so the last two weeks on my back have been torture!

My surgeon said everything was looking great - still some normal swelling - but he said he didn't need to see me until 10 weeks post-op (but to call if i had questions or concerns in the interim).

Four more weeks and I can go back to crossfit!
Dr. J