10 year+ rhinoplasty dream is finally a reality!

Hello Real Self World! I have always hated my...

Hello Real Self World!

I have always hated my nose and wanted to get a rhinoplasty. I have gone to several consultations over the last ten years and decided to finally go for it after seeing a friend's beautiful results. I wanted my bridge to be lowered, my nostrils to be defined and the drooping tip to be removed.

I am on day 5 post-op and it's pretty much exactly how everyone describes. Day of surgery was totally fine and I felt confident and calm in my decision. The surgery itself literally felt like a deep and relaxing sleep. I woke up feeling totally fine with zero pain and even joked with my nurse in the recovery room before going home. I started icing immediately in the car in the way home because my swelling started right away.

Day 2 I woke up feeling a lot worst. Like I got hit by a bus actually. I couldn't believe how much of a toll the surgery took on my entire body. I expected my face to hurt but not my entire body to feel so completely run down. I couldn't really get up for most of day 2,3 and 4 and had to stay in bed and nap for a big portion of the day.

I am now on day 5 and I am feeling better at times but with periods of ups and downs still. My swelling has decreased and bruising has definitely calmed down. I read about a lot of people only needing the perks for 1 or 2 days and I am definitely still on them (1 every 4 to 5 hours) and start to feel beat up by the time I need to take it again. I was going to go to the mall today but after I put on makeup to cover the bruising and changed clothes, I felt so run down, I ended up having to go back to bed.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day! I get my cast off on day 7 so I am excited about that! I'll keep you all posted.

Cast off!

Hey guys!

I got my cast off today and my stitches removed. I'm so thrilled with the profile!!! Yaaaaay!!!

When I first looked in the mirror, I definitely felt like a bit of an alien/avatar (which I expected from reading reviews). I look pretty weird from the front because it's totally swollen but I am SO excited to see the swelling decrease and start enjoying this new look! I can already see through the swelling and know what it's going to look like and it's absolutely perfect.

What do you guys think?

6 days post op - Some extra photos

8 days post op and way better then I thought!

Hey guys,

So I just have to say that this whole thing was WAY less hardcore then I thought it was going to be after reading so many reviews.

I'm only 8 days post op and I still have some bruising under both eyes which I can completely cover with high density concealer and I am congested but not more then when I had seasonal allergies...and that's it! I really thought it would be way more emotional/dramatic then it is! I feel great and even though smiling is still a bit off and my nose feels foreign on my face, as long as I have some solid makeup on, no one notices and I can resume my life back to normal!

Goodluck to those considering rhinoplasty! Do your research, prepare, don't over analyze your results, don't be scared and GO for it!

Photo update of 9 days post op!

Two weeks post op and absolutely thrilled with the outcome!

Hey guys!

I'm two weeks post op and so so so happy! I love my nose!!! I have very minor bruising left that's easily covered with concealer and some stuffiness. Other then that I'm back to normal!!!

This way SO worth it times one million! I could t be happier with how it looks. I can believe that it's going to get even better.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon