Well Worth It - Englewood, CO

After having three ten pound babies I felt very...

After having three ten pound babies I felt very stretched out and could barely feel intercourse, so I started researching Vaginoplasty. I started out with two consults in my own state but was not satisfied with either doctor due to one of them was planning on doing the procedure in their office with a local anesthetic and didn't ask me any questions about my issued down there and the other one kept me waiting forever in the waiting room and then whipped me in and out of his office with barely any eye contact. This led me to read reviews on RealSelf.com. I was looking for someone that was professional, easy to talk to and that I felt was an expert in this procedure. I also wanted to make sure that if I was going to spend the money on this, that I would truly enjoy sex again.

The Day of surgery...Rectoseal, Vaginoplasty and bladder sling

The day of surgery I was so scared, nervous and anxious. I was an ICU nurse for 20 years and in my mind all I could think of is everything that could go wrong.
Nothing went wrong...Everything was better than I could have every expected.
First of all, I expected severe pain upon awakening....I had absolutely none. Dr Agurrie did a pelvic pain block that gradually wore off in about 6 hours, but even after it wore off, the pain was manageable and like I said, much less than what I expected.
As stated in my first review Dr Aguirre, he was extremely professional and his beside manner was refreshing as apposed to many physicians that I have worked with over the many years that I have been in the medical field. Second of all, the medical staff and Anesthesiologist at Sky Ridge Medical Center were fabulous and put me at ease! Third of all, I have never had a surgery were I didn't vomit post op...I had absolutely no nausea or vomiting! The whole experience was worth every penny and I would recommend Dr Aguirre to anyone having any type of pelvic procedure, whether it be medically necessary or cosmetic. I will keep you posted on my future post op results.

Post Op day one

Ok, so the day after surgery, I expected to have pain in the range of a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10 but following Dr Aguirre's recommended schedule of Tylenol and Advil with only 2 pain pills and one Valium and intermittent ice packs, my pain is zero when lying down and a 2 or 3 standing up or sitting. The Foley catheter is the worst of the whole thing but it really isn't that bad. Dr Aguirre said not to pull it out til my pain was less than a 2 so at 10 am I was feeling like for the majority of the time I was with out pain so I pulled it. I was nervous I would be to swollen to pee but no problems. I went to my post op appointment at 1pm and Dr Aguirre was pleased with my results and I've received his blessing to return home. I am so relieved my procedure is over and went so well. When I come back for my 6 week check up I think I will have the O shot he recommended...I will let you know how it goes :)
Denver Urogynecologist

After reading reviews on RealSelf.com, I found Dr. Aguirre. I wondered if going out of state was worth the expense and time. I decided to give him a try. I am so glad I did. He was so professional and found other issues I was unaware of, that I will also take care of when I have my Vaginoplasty. He facilitated all testing needed quickly so that I would still make my flight home. He asked lots of questions, explained all procedures in terms that I could understand and even drew pictures of the surgery that I was going to have. Lastly, I was also very impressed by his office staff who made me feel comfortable, spent time talking to me and assisted Dr. Aguirre quickly and professionally. I am glad I took the risk and will let you know the final outcome after my surgery on Oct. 10th 2016.