55 Year Woman Defying Gravity. Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I'm 55 and take good care of myself. I work out...

I'm 55 and take good care of myself. I work out regularly and try to eat right and am told I look 45. Started to get jowly and eyelids seem to start hooding significantly over the last few months. Dr Rappaport suggested infini to tighten my skin and get the effects of a non surgical mini lift. So I researched and did it yesterday at 1pm. I did get a cocktail of meds to relax and reduce the pain as well as face numbing cream. Even then it was pretty painful but only temporary. My face was extremely red and I have those grid dots where he did the procedure.
Afterwards it wasn't painful but I was really loopy from the meds and my friend stayed with me till my husband got home. Was so loopy that I mostly slept and only iced once. Next morning I was very swollen and still very red. Iced 4 times and by 10pm swelling reduced a lot. Took the bromelain as directed. (One thing I didn't do the first night was sleep with my head elevated -not easy to remember when your that loopy. In fact I don't remember much after I got home that day. )

Day 3

Still red today less swollen Went for follow up. Got a solar treatment to reduce redness. No makeup till at least day 5 which means Saturday. Going back tomorrow for another treatment to see if that speeds healing up.

Day 5

Still very red peeling and have some raised gridmarks on my neck that are not red. Very slow recovery and I had not planned for this long. Dr suggested I take a steroid for a few days to make it heal faster but I didn't fill the script. Last time I took a steroid I didn't sleep. I wore make up yesterday so I could leave my house for a while. Looks like it will take more than a week at this rate. Any advice?

Day 6

Not much better from day 3

Day 7

I went to the doctor yesterday. He said that the reason why I am still inflamed is because for a one time session, he used a higher, deeper setting. Most people have several sessions (4-6) and for my issues, he felt one intense session would address it. He gave me steroids of which I took the first dose last night and another dose this morning, reducing dose each day till gone. (6,5,4,3 ...). Said after 48 hours should see a significant reduction in redness (inflammation). I'll post more pics tomorrow.

4.5 weeks later

My redness is less but still there. I've been receiving the gentle waves light treatments 2x per week. Today is Friday I started a PRP therapy; it was applied to the outside of my skin where it is still red. On Monday I will go and receive PRP injections to help speed the healing for what appears to be my overly sensitive skin. Will post more photos next week.
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Love Dr Rappaport. Honest and will tell you if something is or isn't right for you.