56 Year Old, So Happy with Life and Wanting a Face to Match. London, GB

So what can I say about Dominic, that has not...

So what can I say about Dominic, that has not already said? Well not much other than to agree with everything in his fabulous reviews. Do not trust your face to anyone else, He is your man! The thing that appealed to me most was his ability to put you at ease and you immediately feel you are talking to a friend. For someone like me who works for the NHS I know that this is hardly ever the case with consultants. While I find them dedicated to their patients they all seem to have a scary godlike demeanour. Call them by their first name, even if they invite you to do so? Oh noooooo!

So why did I choose Dominic? I saw an article in a magazine and felt the patient looked fantastic, the article also mentioned that he did all procedures under Local rather than General. One of my greatest fears was the risk associated with GA. This would obviously be elective surgery so I didn't want to take the risk and I also didn't want to be treated like a sick person.

The next step led my to the webpage. I must have read everything about 10 times and then through other links ended up on Realself. All the time getting more and more excited. The reviews were fantastic scoring 5 stars for everything.

I decided to contact Dominic for an initial consultation and was so surprised that this was free. The lovely PA Lucy answered my call and in minutes we were having a girly chat. I felt like I already knew her. She made me an appointment and then the exciting wait began.

On the day of the consultation, like an idiot I got mixed up with times and was wandering merrily around Oxford Street when I should have been at Harley Street. I finally arrived 40 minutes late. Dominic charmingly asked if I had got lost and then I realised my mistake. He didn't make a fuss at all and fitted me in. If that had happened at work the consultants would have definitely made the patient rebook no matter how far they had come. Please note I am not recommending you are late, he is a very busy man. I am just trying to paint a picture of what a lovely man he is.

At the consultation Dominic listened to what I wanted and agreed a plan of action that we were both happy with. He then gave me a transparent quote for the work and off I went straight away to book up with Lucy.

In the lead up I felt supported the whole way and my texts and emails were answered within minutes. I decided to book another night at the hotel prior to the surgery as it was at 8.00 am and I live a long way from Harley street. Lucy booked this for me ensuring I got their reduced rate. I arrived at the hotel which was lovely and the staff were so professional. Lucy texted to check that I wasn't too nervous and to ensure me I was in safe hands. This was on Bank Holiday Monday, how dedicated is that? I was strangely calm with not the slightest nerves. I had a good night sleep and woke up with a big grin on my face realising the big day was here at last, I almost ran to Harley street.

Dominic greeted me with a kiss and put me at ease straight away. I was then taken to a side room where the Anaesthetist introduced himself. I am sorry that I can't remember his name but he was so handsome I thought I was in a glamorous episode of Nip and Tuck. I think Dominic must advertise for good looking staff only ???? I also mustn't forget to mention the lovely nurse.

Then before I could bat an eyelid Dominic had painlessly started to inject my hair line and I was whisked into the main surgery room. The music went on.... Les Mis, the man even has good taste in music. So there we were singing along as he worked. I knew what was going on but felt calm due to the sedation. Four hours later I got off the table and was walking back to the hotel in no time at all.

I spent a comfortable night icing my face constantly, the hotel supplies as much as you like. Dominic visited me later in the evening and said everything had gone perfectly.

The next morning I went for a checkup. My hair was washed, I went under a lamp and was given a rather attractive 'NOT' compression bandage to wear for 20 hours a day. However it was so comfortable I didn't feel the need to take it off.

Well I am 5 days into recovery, the swelling is going down. I feel really well and have not had any emotional roller coasters as I expected I might. I am looking forward to getting the stitches out in two days and starting stage two recovery. I will do another update soon and hope you all find this useful. Any questions please ask.

Hysterics!

I shall start where I left off.....After feeling smug that I had not had any blips, I awoke on day 6 to a sad phone call from a friend about her mum. I don't know the lady but I found myself crying uncontrollably. I sobbed and sobbed, so unlike me. This went on all morning, crying at the least little thing and then I found myself rather enjoying the tears, what the
heck? My sore eyes seemed to benefit from the tears though, the bodies way of healing. After lunch my mood swung the other way and I found myself laughing hysterically! Mood swings to the extreme. So be prepared for an emotional day people. In the end I got a frozen gateaux from the fridge, defrosted it in the microwave, put it in the bender with half a pint of cream and then sucked it through a straw! All better.

Week one check

Today, I got up feeling much better and excited that I was off to London for my check up. For the first time all week, I got properly dressed and blow dryed my hair... On cold as instructed.

Dominic greeted me in the waiting room and looked ecstatic at his fantastic work ie my face. He said I was looking great and he was so pleased with my progress. He took out the stitches, painless! He then asked if I would meet a prospective patient. I couldn't wait to show off my face so said of course. I met a lovely lady and her husband and they were both impressed. My confidence was building by the minute.

I then went and had a chat with the lovely Lucy and she made me an appointment for 4 weeks time. I was having such a lovely time I didn't want to leave.

I finally tore myself away and popped into John Lewis, this was where the real test was.... Could I bear to look in the mirror in their lifts? I usually look about 100 years old, and always put it down to terrible lighting. Well today I looked and smiled. That says it all, I can't thank Dominic enough.

More to come as the healing progresses.... X
London Facial Plastic Surgeon