29 Yrs. Old and Booked the BBL Surgery with Dr. Markmann on Friday, April 29th 2016! - Ellicott City, MD

I've been researching BBL for many years now and I...

I've been researching BBL for many years now and I was strongly considering Dr. Constantino Mendieta a while back but then opted for Dr. Salama. So last year, I originally booked for Dr. Moises Salama, but I had a fear of flying and started wondering the level of treatment I would get if I had post-op complications since he is extremely busy and I don't live in Florida. Finally, I decided not to go with him and decided to try a surgeon closer to home. Earlier this year, I had a consultation with Dr. Markmann and really liked how he took the time to explain his BBL procedure to me. He's very patient and nice.

One of the main reasons I chose Dr. Markmann is that I live a lot closer to Maryland, about an hour and a few minutes, and the procedure is done at a hospital setting. I hope this is the best choice for me. I'm just trying to not be nervous now because I am exactly ONE month away from this procedure. Super nervous and excited at the same time. AND I still haven't booked for a PCP appointment, but will do sometime this week!

Primary care physician or Urgent Care?

Hi everyone! Has anyone ever used Urgent care to get their BBL surgical clearance because they didn't have a PCP? Dr. Marksman's office sent me this list of things I should do prior to meeting him in a few weeks for the pre surgery consult. I don't have a PCP and would just need the following:

-History/Physical for Surgical Clearance
-Hemogram (CBC)
-BMP (SMA-7)
-Urine Pregnancy
-Hep. C Virus
-Hep. B Surface Antigen

Before Pics: Front and Back

Hi guys, so I decided to take a before pic for referencing later.

Two more days before BBL and I have seasonal allergies!!

I am excited and nervous at the same time. It's happening. I am a little scared if things go wrong but they say that the recovery period is the most dangerous part. I have seasonal allergies and both of my nostrils are plugged up. I wonder if that will affect the surgery? I hope I don't stop breathing or something. Lol, I'm not a doctor, I'm sure they will figure something out. Okay, I need to relax and be as optimistic as possible. My big operation is this Friday!! Wish me luck ladies! :-D

I made it!

Left the hospital today and feeling a little stronger. Yesterday I was so tired and sore. You guys definitely need a nurse after post op. I can't imagine not having a nurse to take care of me for the first day. I was nauseous all night and it was so hellish trying to pee at first. I literally wet myself last night. I haven't seen my body yet since I'm in a compressions garment and there's two JP drains in me. And I have to use the incentive spirometer to get my lungs stronger and not have pneumonia. Feeling tired right now. Took oxycodone for pain. *whew* Pics to come!

Pics of Post Op Day 3 and Day 4

Hi Ladies! Today is day 5. I'm feeling a lot better now. I was able to do number 2 yesterday with the help of Colace...and some black tea. I also managed to shower with the drains tied together around my neck as Dr. Markmann suggested it. The only thing that is painful at the current moment is the JP drains in me! They sting whenever I'm "stripping" them down (at least 3x a day). I actually have to take oxycodone and diazepam together to tolerate it. Other than that, I am very happy about my new body! I love it so much. I also love how he position the scars especially where the drains are, because most doctors place them much higher. Anyway, Dr. Markmann did a fantastic job-- look I have a Kylie Jenner butt now! YAY! :-P

Pics! Day 4!

Here it is!

2 Weeks Post Op with Before and After Pics

It's about time for another update! I finally got my bulb drains removed on the 12th day. It was such a relief. I'm so glad the drain sites were strategically placed in the crotch area though; if it weren't the scars would be noticeable especially in the upper torso area. Anyway, I'm ecstatic about my results! I didn't want a prominent butt, just a subtle butt that didn't look done. However, the BBL scars will definitely be there, but I will probably get fraxel and IPL done so that they fade out.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I'm so glad I was able to book him within a month. Other plastic surgeons have a waitlist and such. Thank god Dr. Markmann performed this surgery in a hospital. I felt a lot better with nurses helping me out during the recovery period. I'm glad his office isn't crowded with patients and the wait time is fast. If he was too popular, it would've been harder to book with him and everyone would crowd in the Maryland area. He's a great surgeon, I highly recommend him.