32 Year Old Looking to Lose the Double Chin! - Elk Grove, CA

I have always had a chubby face, but at 30 my...

I have always had a chubby face, but at 30 my chubby cheeks started to drop down into more of a double chin and I can't stand it. I was close to doing some lipo until I found out about kybella. So yesterday, I went in and did my first round of kybella at Elk Grove medical spa with Dr. Khattab. Him and his staff were great. The doctor suggested 3 sets of injections, 3 viles each visit. I trust his opinion and told him I would do whatever he thinks for optimal results....hence the price. The procedure was fairly painless. He numbed me with cream and Novocain injections just after lining up the graph under my chin. The needle itself was not painful but I could feel some discomfort from the kybella. Nothing that would prevent me from getting rid of my double chin anyhow...I iced it for the rest of the night, but today it is soooooo swollen! It's embarrassing so I have been wearing a scarf all day. I would definitely suggest doing this in cooler weather and on a weekend. I don't have much bruising, just a tiny bit. I will post pics along the way!!!

Second day after kybella

Okay so the swelling went down quite a bit, thank god! Lol still a little sore, swollen, and numb in some areas. A few small bruises in the injection sites, nothing to horrific or painful...my double chin just looks enhanced...which is kinda embarrassing. I will just keep rockin my Alexander McQueen scarf ???? I am not expecting to see dramatic results until after my second series of injections. I am hoping all the down time is worth avoiding more invasive techniques!

Day 3 after injections

Same as day two ????

Day 4

I'm still so numb and swollen. Feeling a bit claustrophobic...I guess the numbness and swelling is normal but I am already self conscious about my double chin and it is enhanced, sore, bruised, making me even more conscious about it! The numbness in some spots is weirding me out a bit. Hopefully, this swelling and numb sensation will stop soon.

Day 8

Day 8 and I am still swollen and still numb....hoping this will stop soon. Kinda frustrated. And feeling like my face is even fatter than before.

Day 10

Same as day 8. Still a bit swollen and numb. Feeling some hardess in some areas now. It feels similar to having swollen glands around the neck and throat.

Day 16

So my neck still has numb areas and hardness is some areas but all in all the swelling has gone down a lot. I go in for my second treatment November 3rd. I hope I start to see some serious results after the swelling goes during round 2!

Had my second treatment November 4th

I had my second treatment done on November 4th and today is the 14th. The swelling has gone down much faster this time. It was still very swollen the day after. I have some firm and numb areas still...I will post photos. I am starting to have my doubts and I kind of feel like maybe I should have gotten lipo instead...

Just did my 3rd and final round!

So these are my results after two treatments, just before my 3rd and final series of the treatments. Was it worth it? ...surely it isn't yet....not for over 5k when I could have done smart lipo for 2500...I just don't like invasive treatments so I opted for kybella. After all the swelling and bruising....I would say....get lipo!!!!!!
Dr. Mahmoud Khattab

Dr Khattab was professional, patient, and easy to talk to. He made me feel comfortable and confident in his knowledge of this procedure. I would recommend his services.