28 Yr Old Mother of 2 - Can't Wait to Feel Confident! - Edmonton, AB

Hey everyone! I have been stalking this site for...

Hey everyone! I have been stalking this site for many many years now. I am a 28 year old mother of 2 I have an 11 & 7.5yr old. I am only 5ft and weight around 138. I have wanted to back out of this too many times because I am scared of the pain but I have paid my deposit and am scheduled for surgery on Dec 8/16 for TT & lipo on the flanks. Doc suggested trying to lose 5-10 lbs to see better results so I will be working my butt off for the next few months. I am going to be off work for 18 days and I am praying that will be enough time (desk job) but it can be demanding. I am sooooo scared and nervous already about the pain and recovery. I have done so much reading of reviews on this site but any tips/info would be much appreciated.

Current Pics

I'm still 3 & 1/2 months to surgery. Part of me is trying to forget I am going thru with this and the other part of me can't wait for the end results. Today was one of those day where my mind couldn't stop thinking of surgery, recovery and results. EeeKk ! I continue to do as much research as I can. These are current pics from today! Can't believe I'm posting these but this site has shown me it is ok to be real and not feel judged!

Worried

Wow ok; so I received my envelope in the mail from the surgeon and first off the name was written completely wrong but kinda close where I just thought they maybe made a spelling error. I opened it and it's for someone completely different; person: some 40 year old woman getting ALOT more done then I have booked... This leaves a bad taste and I feel worried about this minor mix up. Could something like this happen during/after surgery? Well I immediately emailed the girl from the office letting her know my concerns and as well as me needing my correct envelope. Has this ever happened to anyone else? :( way to bump up my nervousness

Less than one month away

Wow does time fly. Less than one month away and I will be joining the flat side :) I can't wait. I was feeling so nervous and worried but after snapping some pics yesterday I really am sooooo excited!! Nervous still but more excited!
I haven't managed to lose any weight :( I don't know why but I won't stop trying. I've been going to the gym more often(3-4 times a week) and have upped my cardio but still no luck..., this last week my eating hasn't been the greatest; damn Halloween treats :( but I have tried not to over indulge. Need to get my head back in the game and do my best with clean eating up until the date of surgery!! I have found an amazing TT buddy support who is also going on the same day as me and boy can I say she has helped my nerves ALOT! Feels amazing to have this site as well as a TT twin to go thru this journey with!

Well it's officially one week away until surgery,...

Well it's officially one week away until surgery, I can't believe it's coming so fast! I remember booking it 6 months ago and now just a week left. I am excited and a bit nervous still. Trying to get as much as I can done. Christmas shopping & wrapping, birthday party for my daughter this Sunday. Hoping to prep a few meals to freeze, do as much laundry as I can and tidy up as much as possible. Hubby will finally be home 2 days before surgery so need to get in as much cuddling time as possible... I will be staying with my mom for the first week since I have a rambuctious puppy at home and my mom will take good care of me. Plus she has a walker and shower stool which I think will come in handy. I've picked up most of the supplies I think I will need; just have a few little things I need to pick up. I didnt get a recliner but purchased a contour foam contraption which I'm hoping will be good enough... oh boy this is really happening... I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not being selfish and I deserve thiS!

The big day is tomorrow

Wow the big day is tomorrow! I think im all ready for the big day but boy am I nervous! I'm glad I worked today because it's helping to keep my mind occupied! I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. I picked up my prescription yesterday and think I'm all set !! Eeeeekkkk wish me luck

TODAYS THE DAY

Today's the big day!!! Will try to get pics of markings before going in :) ohhh boy just waiting to head into the surgical centre! Surgery is at 9:15 !

Surgery

So the surgeon was running behind and I didn't get into surgery until about just before 10am. I had read reviews about Dr.Chong being rushed and quick but I didn't find this was the case. He took time to answer any questions before going into surgery and made me feel comfortable!! The nurses were AMAZING! They were super sweet and reassured me I was in good hands and I would be well taken care of. Got into the operating room and within minutes was out, woke up in the recovery room around 11:37am. I had the shivers really bad when I woke up. I was freezing cold and my entire body was shaking intensely. That caused the pain to worsen a bit but luckily after about 20-30 mins and over 6 blankets it finally subsided :) thank goodness!

I left the surgical office around 2pm
And have been doing pretty well so far. I have been taking my max dose of painkillers every 4 hours as the nurse advised for the first couple days... if pain stays this way I can handle it. I had more
Of a burning pain on my left hip/butt areas, So far the pain is less then I thought and is bearable. I just hope it doesn't get worse the next 2-3 days as is mentioned in my post-operative care.

Can't sleep

I have my quick follow up appt today at 9:15 am to check everything out. I hope I can sneak a peek at my stomach :) I still can't imagine having a flat smooth tummy! I hope the belly button looks good! I have barely slept. I thought I would sleep all day yesterday but DIDNT sleep at all. I'm writing this at 4:40 am as I just can't sleep well. Trying my best to take naps. :) hopefully get a pic when at follow up appt so I can post :) I can't believe I went thru with this and now just in recovery ! Woop !!

I had my follow up appt this morning. Dr. Chong came in quicky said everything had gone really good. He did mention that if I had lost more weight as recommended would have given better results(being flatter) That was kind of a bummer. I did try and I don't expect to me a toothpick; but he wasn't a complete asshole about it, hes just very business like.
He took the binder off to get a peek. He put the binder back on tighter and OMG I felt SOoo sick. I was lightheaded, nauseas, dizzy and sweating like crazy! I was lucky I brought my nausea pills with me because I felt like throwing up. I had to just sit in the room for a good 20 mins to feel better. Dr. Chong came in twice to check up on me which was nice and advised that it is common since your weak from not eating well and being dehydrated. The pain was a little worse after that but still bearable. So far doing well and pain is a lot less than I imagined. Most pain is when I lift my feet onto the bed but it doesn't last long. My right drain is draining around 30ml and my left drain barely anything is coming out.. I have an appt on dec 15th to have drains removed :) he gave me the ok to shower tomorrow but I'm scared to take the binder off based on how sick i felt this morning, so I may put it off for one more day and just sponge bath!
Edmonton Plastic Surgeon