Buyer Beware, Generic (Careprost) Counterfeit

I've been using latisse for several years and LOVE...

I've been using latisse for several years and LOVE it but hate the price, so I decided to try generic. I googled it and found warnings about using credit cards on foreign web pages because there had been some security issues. Since eBay uses PayPal, I decided to order it that way. I ordered 2 bottles for $25 and I received them in a couple days. The bottles were boxed and sealed and nothing looked out of the ordinary. After about 2 weeks or so, I realized that the product wasn't working. I looked online and found a couple references to fake or counterfeit careprost with examples of the difference in packaging but not much. The warnings of counterfeit product with picture of the difference between the two was coming from a Canadian distributer, so I took a chance and ordered it from them. I received the product about 5 days later and I'm happy to report it is working as advertised. Yay!! There are definitely packaging differences between the real product and the counterfeit. Some differences were the same as what was shown on the Canadian company's web page, but some were different. I'll attach some picture. Once difference that you won't be able to tell from the pictures is the box of the counterfeit product was actually thicker and of higher quality. The Canadian web page said the opposite was true in their examples.

Fake VS Legit Comparision