Tummy tuck without drains or corset Edinburgh, GB

Hi All Sorry for the delay in putting up my...

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in putting up my photos but I deleted my before’s by accident. Have them in place now so here we go. As you can see from my photos a tummy tuck was well overdue. I had been thinking of having one for a while but the timing was never right so after extensive research I decided to take the bull by the horns and get it booked. Having already had a very successful lower facelift with Awf Quaba in Edinburgh (please see my separate review), he was my PS of choice.

However this was not the only reason I choose Awf Quaba. I have been browsing the internet for some time and discovered that he is one of the few surgeons in the UK who uses the NO DRAINS method of tummy tuck. Something that for me made the whole situation more acceptable. The thought of having drains sticking out of me for several days if not weeks and having to care for these drains was something I did not relish and the thought of getting them out was even more daunting. I discussed the possibility of a tummy tuck with him at my facelift review and being a good candidate with a likelihood of a good outcome I decided to go ahead and book.

Tuesday 8th September was my surgery date. While I was looking forward to the new me I was obviously very nervous as this is major surgery. I arrived at Spire Murryfield in Edinburgh at 12 o’clock and shown to my room where I dressed in a hospital gown. I expected to have a caffeter fitted but this was not required much to my relief. I was visited by the anaesthetist and was told I would be going around 1 o’clock so all the less time to worry.

Shortly after wards Mr Quaba arrived and ran over our previous discussion on what exactly was required. I was having a full abdominoplasty with my belly button being relocated but was not expected to need much muscle work if any. I was also to have some liposuction to further enhance the area and at that point it was decided I would also have some lipo on my chubby pubic area to create a better profile as the area would be lifted after the tuck . I had no back fat therefore did not require any lipo there. I was marked with a pen and shown just how much excess skin would be removed. Although I was nervous I had total trust in Mr Quaba and my fear was not of the operation itself but of waking up afterwards in pain, a fear which was totally unfounded.

I walked to the operating theatre where I swiftly put to sleep and knew nothing else till I woke up back in my room. When I awoke there were no drips or drains and certainly no feeling of pain. I was so relieved it was all over. By 5pm I was feeling pretty good and even took a peek (and photo) of what was under the covers. It was all so neat and I could see immediately that I was already substantially flatter than before. I did not have a binder on or girdle and would not be required to use one. I was so glad as the thought of putting something tight on a new would is very scary and also very difficult to tackle if you live alone. I’m so glad I was spared this discomfort as I believe there is no real proof that this improves things in any way. I had a little air tube thing in my nose but it did not disturb me at all and was able to sit up and eat a three course meal. I kept expecting the pain to kick in but it never got really bad which amazed me. However I did take the painkillers on offer as I did not wish to tempt fate as I knew some painkilling drugs would still be in my system from the operation. Time would tell. Will continue and add more photos later.

After photos

Here are a few early post op photos. Notice I have no drains and no binder or corset and the whole thing is very neat. I see a fantastic difference already and will be even better when the swelling goes down.I also no longer require pain control. Only pain is my back and I was told from the outset to walk as straight as possible to combat this.

Muscle work

Forgot to say although it was initially thought I would not require muscle work the muscle was in fact torn and had to be repaired.

After dressing removed at one week

I had my dressings removed yesterday and every second stitch around my belly button. This was the first time I have seen it without the dressing and Im impressed. There was no pain getting the stitches out round my belly button as it was still numb there so that was good. Was shown how to keep it clean and tried that myself today.

After tape removed at three weeks

After tape removed

Very pleasantly surprised after the tape was removed. Still swelling at times but that's to be expected. Very neat and much better than I hoped for at this stage. I can now bath but with nothing in the water but the relaxation is bliss. I have to massage in E$% cream for the next two weeks then I move onto something else. Its not unpleasant to touch and the massage feels nice xx Im a very happy bunny .

Fit of Low cut high leg knickers

Hi All. Just an update to let you see the fit of Low cut high leg knickers as its very important to get the cut in the line of your preferred knicker style. After all more people see you with your knickers on than off. I prefer high cut brazilan type which are very low in the front but not too thin at the side even though they are very high cut. I am so happy the scar is not seen at all with the new knickers I have chosen. Still have a little swelling at the front below the belly button but it is going down. Away now to have a knicker buying spree now that I know the style works well.

scar at six months

Hi All

Scar is nice and flat and fadeing nicely. very pleased with the result.
Edinburgh Plastic Surgeon

Calm and meticulous with great attention to detail. A very experienced and skilled man who is not afraid to embrace new techniques and is a leader in his field. He has always taken time to see me personally at any of my visits and will always be my No1 choice.