45, 4 Kids , Reduction W/lift , muscle repair & Tuck - East Syracuse, NY

Leading up to my mommy makeover was quite...

Leading up to my mommy makeover was quite stressful with all of the unknowns . I over prepared for sure .
Day of : the surgery went very well , long but all was good . When I woke up I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach - the nurses took care of that fast & I felt great . Night 1 was ok I wasn't in any pain at all , slept in my chair with tons of pillows .
Day 2-3 still in my chair , I took almost no pain medicine - I was really only uncomfortable , not in pain . Eating was minimal I just wasn't hungry . I made sure to drink as much water as I could . Moving around was very minimal .
Day 4-9 : my first check mt dr said to start standing -so I did . Everyday I checked myself against a wall . I tried laying somewhat flat in my bed for 10 minutes every hour duration by the day . Sleeping still in a chair , no pain meds at all . It's totally amazing how fast I'm recovering & how great I feel .
Day 35: I have to admit this process has been flawless . Yes I'm still " sore" but nothing that even needs a Tylenol .
My Dr & his staff have been amazing . They've taken the time to answer all of my questions & have made me feel very comfortable during every step . Dr Deboni - CNY Plastic Surgery of Syracuse NY , I can't thank them enough .
When I consulted with Dr Deboni about what I wanted our of my mommy makeover he clearly heard me because my results are beyond my expectations !!

Day 35

Feeling incredible !! Still slightly sore at the end of my days but other than that things are perfect . I'm hitting the gym in 6 days .... Can't wait .

Week 6

I hit the gym this morning - albeit really lightly - I worked each muscle group super lightly to get a feel for what I can do & what needs to be started slowly . I'm still tight but I should be fine .
My incisions are looking fantastic & virtual invisible on top & mild on bottom . I chose not to buy any crazy gimmicky stuff or take any crazy things . My thyroid dr has me taking a dose of vitamin D every day , I also take a biotin pill . I combined those with literally pasting cocoa butter on my incisions every chance I get ( atleast 4 times a day ). I've done this since my dr said to remove my tape . I also used witch hazel compresses to elevate some of the early stage itching ( but again that was after my incisions were sealed & tape was removed ).
I've gotta say my recovery has been flawless & a total Breese . Well not counting the backache I had for the first few days -

First big workout -week 6

Today I hit the gym , just like I was pre-surgery . I certainly lessened some of the weight & found some of the core work feeling tight . It pulled on my lower incision & I was a little scared to really engage my core . Bending my knees & slightly modified core helped a lot . I'm actually feeling really great & will jump in Thursday's class . I'm figuring I should be 100% after 3-4 weeks of taking it slow - in sure I'd be fine I just don't want to gamble ruining such fantastic work . I tried reading up on what doctors say about core work & its 50/50 start @6 weeks or 8 weeks so my thought is if it hurts don't do it & I felt no real pain just slight tugging .

Week 8 po

Last week I hit the gym - jumped right back into things & I was super sore so I gave myself another week . Today I hit a bootcamp followed by core & cardio . It was awesome !! Sit-ups make me slightly nervous so I chose the modified version . Cardio was awesome - I just feel great !! I am pretty swollen but that's ok . I'm heading back into the gym in the morning for back & arm day .....

Week 8 picture update

Week 9 po tummy tuck , & reduction

I couldn't be more pleased with how everything is going . My workouts are right back to where they were before surgery Infact I'm finding certain things much easier & that's probably because if my surgery ! Sleeping is great although I have not yet slept on my stomach ( I'm a tummy sleeper ) , I find I'm just very comfortable on my sides . The tightness surrounding my incisions is going away , reaching up doesn't seem to pull anymore & the incisions near my hips are loosening up too. One thing that was concerning to me was the depth & thickness of my tummy incision , I hope that description makes sense but that's the best way to describe it . Anyway it's nothing visible . Im starting to notice the lower incision shrinking , softening & laying flatter - although my incisions never were raised above the skin they felt very very thick below the skin - and this is now starting to go away . There's just 1 small area left to shrink away . I did manage to put on about 5 pounds recently , I'm thinking it was the holidays & unfortunately not swelling . There slowly coming off . Again I'd do this surgery all over again - piece of cake ! & I love my results
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

Dr Deboni is an incredible surgeon , my results are way beyond what I had expected . I highly recommend Dr Deboni .