30 Years Old, 2 Kids, Tt and Recurrent Hernia Repair - Duluth, GA

I've finally scheduled my surgery and am very...

I've finally scheduled my surgery and am very excited/nervous! Finding the RIGHT Doctor has definitely been a journey since I previously had an emergency hernia repair that went terribly wrong and led to a perforated intestines and 2nd emergency surgery.. After those surgeries, I was certain that the hernia was a thing of the past however 3 months later I started to experience the familiar pain of a hernia. I went back to my original surgeon who prescribed me a pain medication, ordered a scan, and sent me on my way. I never heard back and ended up seeing a GI doctor who discovered that I STILL had a hernia. I was devastated but scheduled appointments with plastic surgeons. 2 surgeons told me that they would remove my belly button :0. A family friend recommended I visit Dr. Hedden in Birmingham, Al. who was truly a God send! He was very honest and personable. He explained that due to my surgery history, he recommended that I have my surgery done in a hospital setting and stay overnight and asked if I'd heard of Dr. Davoudi here in Atlanta. I immediately scheduled a consult and met with Dr. Davoudi. He was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to sit with me for over an hour to explain his plan. He's very charismatic and I felt comfortable while talking with him. My pre-op is scheduled for March 24th!!!

32 days to go!

Today has been a long day with these stubborn hernias. Pain has become something that I'm desensitized to however it is reminding me that I NEED to have this surgery. My "mommy mind" has had me thinking that I must be insane to spend such a large amount of money on surgery but this pain reassures me that I'm making the right choice.

Pre-Op Day & Wish Pics

Today was my pre-op appointment with Dr.Davoudi. His office was very busy today so I'm glad I had my bestie go to the appointment to keep me company :) Final balance paid, blood drawn, scripts filled, and pre-op instructions in hand!!! Feeling prepared and ready!

Pics

Tried switching to Tylenol

What a FAIL!! By mid day I was crying and I could feel my thighs swelling. I really hoped to go to church this afternoon but that's out of the question. I may have underestimated this recovery process but I didn't underestimate Dr. Davoudi's skills. My waist is snatched and I love the results!! ??

1 month post

The recovery has been okay. I went back to work about 2 weeks after surgery, once all of my drains were removed. Some days I feel completely normal and on other days I'm completely exhausted. I have developed a Seroma and had to have it aspirated. That's a bit of a nuisance. Overall, I'm pleased with the aesthetic appearance of my body but am ready to feel normal again.

3 months post

Things have been pretty good except about 1 month ago I developed THE WORST HIVES on my stomach which left some hyperpigmentation. I still experience swelling at the end of the day. I'm still wearing my compression garment. Ready to start some cardio
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Davoudi is very knowledgeable and abdominoplasty seems to be his forte'. He's very personable and not pretentious but exudes self-confidence in what he can/can't accomplish. Dr. Davoudi talks VERY fast and to compensate often asks that his patients record him while he's speaking. I have been very pleased with his care.