33 with G's and Hoping for C's - Duluth, GA

Getting excited and nervous for my surgery. My pre...

Getting excited and nervous for my surgery. My pre op appointment is next Monday. I think by then I will accept this is really happening. I have been huge all my life. I was so skinny in high school that I looked like a popsicle stick with boobs! My back has given trouble but the past year has been pretty bad. If really drove me to make my decision. I tried with 3 different insurance companies and finally got lucky. I am 5'3 and 155 lbs. Needless to say I am not proportionate.

I love my doctor and trusted him right away. He made me feel at ease and that is very important to me. My husband is on board with my decision. We have been together for over 8 years and married for 5. He just wants me happy.

I have been buying things for my recovery to help deal with some of my anxiety. Got some jammies that button, a wedge pillow to sleep on, and some zip up hoodies. Hopefully I have thought of all the things I will need. I have to work on my question list for my doctor this week. I know this is going to be an amazing journey!!

almost 2 weeks to go

Pre op on Monday. I will update more then. Spent part of today getting my recovery room ready in our house. I have to sit down tomorrow and work on my list of questions for the PS. I am still all over the place emotionally. I go from nervous to anxious to excited to scared. I swear the only thing that has kept me sane is reading that everyone else is having these feelings too. It has been very helpful and a way for me to deal with my stress by reading the updates, questions, and reviews. My husband is being very supportive and trying to keep me calm. I did get a little excited tonight when I walked past some swimsuits. I thought that is going to be fun when I can try on cute tops!!! More to come on Monday.

Pre Op Complete!

I had my pre op with my PS this morning and then went to the hospital. I had a ton of questions. My doctor is really great and thankfully understands my sense of humor. We laughed and he was patient with all my questions. I walked away feeling completely comfortable with my boobies in his hands. I already was before this, but this just gave me some extra reassurance.

He doesn't like to do cup sizes, but his best estimate is a D cup. I am fine with that. At least then I can buy normal bras and swimsuits. He said he would be taking about 3 pounds total off. Crazy to think I have that much weight sitting on my chest.

I know I was looking for a list of questions, so I decided to put mine on here with the answers for anyone who is interested.

Will my nipples stay attached? In my case, yes.
How long will the surgery last? 3-4 hours
Any special diets after surgery? None that he'd recommend, but just eat sensibly.
Will I have to be catheterized? Yes - it will be put in and removed while I am asleep.
Will you be using sutures, staples, or tissue glue to close the external sutures? Sutures and glue
Will I have drains? Yes - 2. They will be removed at my post op appt (1 week after surgery)
What are my pain medication options? I have a low tolerance for pain and high tolerance for paid meds. He wrote me a RX for Percocet.
When will I be able to shower? After my drains come out
Will you use steri strips? No
Do I need any supplies for home care? I need some gauze and tape on hand just in case
Do I need to bring a bra with me? No. They will provide a surgical bra.
Will I need antibiotics? Yes
Will you sit me up to check how it looks? Yes
How soon can I drive? After I am off my pain meds and feel my reflex time is back to normal
Will I need to change my dressings? It is possible, but more than likely not.

They explained how the drains work to both me and my husband. He may pass out if he has to empty them, lol! I have my prescriptions to get filled for my pain meds, nausea meds, and antibiotics. I have a chart to fill out for when I empty my drains and how much was in each one.
No heavy lifting, pushing or pulling for a minimum of 1 week. After the first week, I can raise my arms but can lift 5 pounds or less. My sutures should be ready to be removed at my first post op visit - 1 week after my surgery. I can go back to work within 3-7 days. I am planning on taking a full week off. Ice packs are suggested to help with discomfort.

It was pretty much what I expected today. My surgery is at 8:30 am and I arrive at the hospital at 7 am. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I have to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate the day before surgery. The gave me a special soap to wash my boobies and tummy area with the morning of surgery. I can't wear makeup, nail polish, contacts, perfume, deodorant, or lotion. No shaving or removing any hair 24 hours before surgery. I am going to assume this really means underneath my arms. They reminded me to wear loose clothing and flat shoes, but no flip flops. I have to stop anything containing aspirin 5 days before surgery and my vitamins too.

I know this was a lot, but I just kinda did a brain dump. Can't believe 2 weeks from today I will be at home with smaller boobies!!! I think I am finally starting to get more excited than I am nervous or anxious. I am definitely not scared. This will be the third time I've had surgery, so I feel like a pro. I know what to expect and how it feels to be put to sleep and wake up from it.

I am truly thankful for this site and all the information it has provided me. Being able to connect with other women going through the same thing is so amazing.

I will try to get pictures up this week.

Pics as promised

Like everyone else I felt a little weird doing this but I want to be able to share before and after pictures.

1 more week!

I can't believe that this time 1 week from today I will be out of surgery. I am just getting more and more excited by the day. I do wonder if people will look at me differently. I have always been used to getting so much attention for my girls. I have only told a couple of people at work what I am having done. It's going to be interesting to see if anyone says anything. I have already thrown out a couple of old bras and I have to say, it felt damn good to do it! I am sure my nerves will get the best of me next Sunday night and I won't be able to sleep. I am ready for this though!

1 Week Post Op

I got my drains out today! Yay! I was so ready for those blasted things to go. My PS says everything is looking good and I follow up with him again next Monday. I was really nervous that it would hurt when they pulled the drains out, but I didn't feel much. I am hoping I will be able to sleep more comfortably now. I am really glad I had this done and I know it was worth it. I am excited about my end results and can't wait until I get fully healed.

I still have some soreness and tenderness. I am also starting to get my feeling back. Most of last week I was numb. I am going to take the longest shower ever tonight. That is going to feel amazing. I will try to get some pics tonight after my shower.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

So far he has been great. A very kind and caring doctor who wanted the best for me and not his pocket. He's very friendly and put me at ease very quickly.