Looking Forward to the New Year!!! BBL with Dr. J in January 2016!! - Duluth, GA

So this will be my first and last BBL procedure,...

So this will be my first and last BBL procedure, but my second cosmetic surgery. Back in 2003 I had a breast lift with implants, a tummy tuck, and lipo on the love handles (never felt like the lipo was done). The Brazilian but lift wasn’t as common as it is now so getting my butt fixed wasn’t an option for me at that time. I didn’t think getting this surgery would ever be an option considering the last surgery cost 11.5K. I’d often throw hints at my husband ( in a joking way) hoping to get his support, but not wanting to start an argument [spending money on cosmetic surgery versus saving for other major life events: kids college, life emergencies, family vacations, saving for retirement, etc.… could be an argument starter when you’ve already had cosmetic surgery done once before]. When I mentioned it one night, however, he said “if it really matters that much to you, and you think this will make you happy then let’s do it. Find out how much it will cost then go ahead and pull the trigger.” Needless to say, I ran with it! I was initially researched doctors that could do butt implants when I stumbled across Dr. Jimerson’s site. After binge searching butts for a whole weekend non-stop I decided that I would get BBL instead. I requested info from Dr. J and setup my telephone consultation a few days later.
I will be having fat grafting to the butt and hips as well as lipo on my BBR and my upper back. Total cost 13,350 -500 (cash discount) = $12,850…. SO THERE WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE ANY ROUND 2s IN MY FUTURE. So with that in mind, I wavered a lot about what I should get done. Fat grafting seems to be so unpredictable whereas implants are a sure thing. I really can’t afford to get this done only to watch the all the fat melt away leaving me right where I started. I talked to my husband about it and I talked to my patient coordinator (Randy) and they both felt that fat grafting would be the better option since implants have a higher complication rate, and will need to be replaced in 10-12 years. So while I am no longer wavering over what to get done, I am still extremely worried about what the results will be. I’ve review so many posts, wish pics, and BBL before &after pictures, and I’ve discovered that most of the women that have jaw dropping results really didn’t have bad butts to begin with. So I’m worried that although my after may be better than my before, it won’t be what I hope for. I’ve even seen a few women whose after results are………hmmm---well, let me say it this way: their butt is bigger and looks round from the side but the back view just shows a bigger flat butt. I’m not sure what they asked for, if size was their only concern, or if the issue was the doctor they choose, but I pray that I don’t end up with a bigger flat butt! I know that Dr. J, and all doctors, are somewhat limited in what they can do so I’m not expecting to look like Big Booty…. My greatest desire is to not have a Sponge Bob Square Pants/ Sumo Wrestle flat butt anymore. My second request/ desire is to have a lot of projection but with a nice slope, but not a shelf, I want results that are undeniable (to those who know me), but not obliviously fake (to even a stranger). I want drastic but not extreme….. If that makes any sense.

30 Days Out....The Plan

I had my medical prescreening today dr says my labs should be in tomorrow morning. I still have a lot to do. I paid for the surgery in October but couldn’t book a date until January because I don’t have 2 weeks’ worth of leave and won’t have any more days until January. I didn’t start preparing because I felt like it was too soon, but now that I’m 30 days out and the holidays are approaching I’m starting to feel like I need to play catch up. I ordered the breast pillow from comfy breast, but it’s not comfy at all. Its hard……I tried laying on it but it was so uncomfortable that I didn’t last 10 minutes. There’s no way I’ll be able to lay on it when I’m in pain so I am debating whether I should make my own using a better quality foam or if I should just buy a U shaped pregnancy pillow. I’ve been trying to force myself to sleep on my stomach but I usually shift on my side a little because I can’t lay flat on my boobs….they are just too big for that (DD). I also need something to sit on… (after weeks—I know Dr J says but I’m going for weeks). I’m planning to have my husband make me a “portable” seat that I can use in my car and at my job since I sit at a desk all day. We made (he made it…I was the designer) cornice boxes for my windows so I’m thinking we can use that same principle to make a seat for me.

Did I make a mistake!!!????? Jimerson Dolls please speak up!!!!

So I thought I did plenty of research prior to paying to book my surgery with Dr J. I knew there were good and bad reviews. I also knew that he was nowhere near as aggressive with his lipo as some of the DR doctors I've seen reviews on, but I thought that the unhappy reviews were more so due to the unrealistic expectations women had (for example K Michelle didn't get that way in one surgery visit. She has clearly been under the knife more than once plus she has implants not fat grafting so if someone was expecting to be as big as her after 1 round of fat grafting then then they would definitely be disappointed). After reading Anyeamir and several other people's post I don't know what to think and now I'm feeling stressed. I'm already at the stage where a cancellation will result in a lost of money. :-(

Is there anyone out there with good long term results from Dr J? If so, did you already have a nice butt to begin with? Somebody tell me something PLEASE!!! I don't want to waste my one and only shot at getting a round butt.!

28 DAYS AWAY!!!

I was feeling extremely discourage but I came across an update from BBLGurl n TT scar coverup She got a tummy tuck and BBL with Dr. J last year and she’s still looking good! Seeing her review gave me hope again and I really needed some seeing as though I’m pass the cancellation point. I just hope and pray that my surgery is a success and that I don’t get consumed to the point that the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Time is moving sooooooo slow!! I'm so ready to go!

Nothing really to update. Spending more and more time on here looking at girl's results and wondering what mine will be. I found some new wish pictures that I will be showing Dr. J on my surgery day, but I keep reminding myself that it is very unlikely that my results will be like theirs. I'm trying to be realistic.... I've seen the before pictures of the girl in my second pic and she didn't have a bad butt/shape to begin with. So if I get my mind set on what their results look like, I know I'll be disappointed. So I have the pictures as a guide or goal for Dr. J to know the shapes I like and/ or hope for. IF by some miracle he is able to give me the shape and size of the wish picture, I'll be elated. But my overall goal is to have a round but and smaller waist so that is what I will base my final review on. I really do want a lot of projection but I'm trying to keep myself grounded and not get greedy. Truth is.....I'm a 40-year-old, mother, wife, and business professional. I'm not aspiring to be a video vixen or a Instagram model so I can't compare my body to theirs. I just want to look good naked...from all angles. lol.............
Sorry for the "depressing" post....just thinking out loud and trying to keep my expectations as realistic as possible.
With that being said........here are my new wish pics....extremely note worthy booties!!

Lipo express is Having a Sale

Just thought I'd share......

Lipoexpress.com is having sale on all of their compression garments. I'm not sure how long it will last so if you're in the market for a compression garment you may want to check them out!

About to get curved!!!!

My surgery time got moved up so I am now the first surgery of the day! I'm staying at the new you recovery house. I arrived yesterday . My room is nice and so are the staff. I'm about to leave for surgery now so I will update in a couple of days.

It's been a journey!

I had my surgery on Thursday morning. Everything went well. When I got back to my recovery house however I was not able to keep any food down because I have acid refluxand it was extremely bad. I got to the point where I stop trying to eat food and only drink water and crackers instead but even then I couldn't keep that down. I developed extremely bad headache that will not go away even with the pain medication. I woke up like a caregiver at 2 o'clock in the morning Friday night and told her I needed to go to the hospital. Goiod thing I did!!!not only was I dehydrated but I was a severely anemic and I needed a blood transfusion and so the hospital admitted me. They been giving me medicine for him as it reflux as well as anabiotic because I was running a fever. I received two bags of blood. I'm hoping that they will discharge me today. I have not laid on my back even though they've asked me to several times nor have a laid on the sides. My butt look big and flat on day one but the nurses had told me prior to the start with that that could happen and that I shouldn't worry when I but somethings up and drops it won't look that way so I'm holding onto their words because it doesn't look pretty right now. Got a lot of fluid in my waist from all of the IVs they have been given me. So I definitely need a lymphatic massage. I had one the day after surgery but nothing drained out so Natalie sure what to make of that. I'll post pictures even though I don't like them I hope things get better start looking better soon. PS I'm talk texting so if the words and makes that that is a why.

14 days post

This has definitely been much more difficult that I expected. My emotions have been up and down and the recovery is nothing like I thought it would be. Lymphatic massages are a must (a least for me).

I returned home but had to follow up with my primary Doctor because my blood pressure and heart rate continued to be high. She put me on blood pressure meds (small dose) to control my BP and to help my body get rid of all of the fluid I've been retaining. I also located a mobile lymphatic massage therapist and that has made a world of difference.

My body: I definitely think that I look better than I did before the surgery, but I'm disappointed with the amount of projection I have. That's not Dr J's fault ....its just my genetics. My left cheek is smaller than my right side (this just happened 2 days ago) and my hip on that side has also gotten smaller. I hop the right side does down so that both sides are the same but I really can't afford to lose anymore. Im only 2 weeks post and I've lost so much already. Last week I told my husband that I would never do something like this again even if I had a million dollars, today I find myself think about how I could convince him to let me do a round 2 and what Doctor I'd use if he said yes.....SMH ....I tried my best not to catch it, but I caught it anyway (butt greed).

I know I'm still in the early stages of my recovery so the final results are yet to be seen. But I've been through so much already...I just want to like what I see when I look in the mirror. I hope and pray that I am happy with the final results.... So far I can't say. ...I'm pleased but also disappointed.

***my before picture is not a true representation of what dr j had to work with. I was 140lbs on the before pics but 155lbs on the day of surgery ( thanksgivings & Christmas weight gain)***

Sidenote

Steri-Strips won't come off.....I have been bathing ...swear! Lol

depressed............Starting to regret ever doing this

I've been dealing with having a flat butt for so many years. Having to buy clothes that will hide the fact that my but was flat, and even feeling jealous and insecure because the mannequins in stores even have nice butts now. I was so happy when my husband gave me the green light for this surgery. I would finally like what I saw in the mirror, and I'd be able to wear things that I would never wear...things most girls take for granite: sweat pants and pajamas set rather than a night gown (there's no hiding a flat but in either of these items), But most importantly I'd be able wear lingerie and look just as good from the back as I do from the front. And I could finally walk around naked instead of grabbing something to cover myself as soon as I get out of the bed to walk to the bathroom. This was such a big deal for me.....But when I look in the mirror I'm not happy. My butt is fuller but its not round and the only projection I have is at the top of my but. I keep trying to convince myself that its just going to take a little more time. I tell myself, " the nurse said that it will be high and it might be lumpy or even look flat, but don't worry it will change. Once the fat gets a blood supply it will drop and spread out." But I don't know if that is going to happen for me. Every girl that I've seen on here that has a nice butt, looked good the day they came out of surgery, but I didn't. And to make matters worse.........EVERYONE from my job is waiting for me to return so they can see my results..... it seems like BBL is best suited for women who had a nice butt , but lost it due to weight gain.....women who already have a nice butt hiding under their love handles and back fat. I really wish someone had told me that this was not going to work for me. Not having something is one thing, but thinking you're going to get it then not getting it is so much worse. I'm trying to remain optimistic and /or make lemonade out of lemons but its hard. Not getting the results you hope for is so devastating especially when the recovery is difficult. I'm so sad.......all I wanted was a nice round butt. I wish I would have gotten implants at least I know my butt would have been round......

Light at the end of the Tunnel

I just want the say THANK YOU to Pinay205 and gyalonamission.

Gyalonamission~ you have been so thoughtful and encouraging. I appreciate all that you've done for me!
Pinay205~ talking to you today really helped me put things back into perspective...to remember where I started so I can appreciate how far I've come, and to be patient. Rome wasn't built in one day....It will take nearly 3 months for me to see my true shape (which is what Geeta told me when she took my pictures prior to surgery). Hearing someone else say it really helped to reinforce what I was already told. I keep comparing my results to other girls, but they didn't start where I started. So now that I've heard that I need to be patient from Geeta (Dr. J's big booty nurse), my husband, and you perhaps I can rest assured.

Thank you both for reaching out to me! I never thought I'd have the emotional ups and downs that I am having....I'm a realist so 'm usually much more emotionally stable. Thanks for the encouraging words!!

Waist Training-28 inch waist here I come! #goals

My waist was 38 inches....I finally got into my 28-30 inch cincher! I bought and received it over a week ago but couldn't get it on so I had to keep wearing my 32-34 inch cincher.

If you are negative please stay the hell of my page!

I'm all for advice and information...both good and bad but I don't need or like negativity. I chose the surgeon that I chose. I paid the money and I got the work done ... It ain't no turning back at this point so anything negative that you have to say about Dr. J's work is a mute point.
When you spread toxic energy and information there's only two purposes for it: to hurt or to help. How is posting a bunch of negative comments going to help someone who already spent their money? If you post your comments and thoughts about Dr j in response to someone who is still in the deciding phase then it could be viewed as helpful. But to post those types of comments on the page of someone who already spend their money and is still in the recovery phase is just malicious. KEEP THAT NEGATIVE S#*T OFF MY PAGE! You're unhappy with your result ....okay...don't be bitter! That's so unattractive! Your results are your results....there are plenty of women who are happy with their results from Dr Jimerson. You're just not one of them. And as far my journey goes....maybe I'll be happy; maybe I won't...only God knows. But I do know this...I'll never be a bitter b$@&h spending my days and nights on this Realself website looking for an opportunity to rain on someone's parade!

If you are negative please stay the hell off my page!

10 weeks post

HOW TO TAKE A BATH WITHOUT SITTING!

Valerie from Doctor J's office said she started sitting for short periods at 10 weeks. I'm 11 weeks but I'm just not ready to sit yet.... I'd rather wait til my closer to 6 months. I'm also still experiencing a lot of swelling (I can feel it in my feet) so I want to take a Epsom salt bath to see if that will help with the inflammation. Either way....this is nice! It felt a little weird at first but not anymore. I'm loving it!

Not Wish Picture Worthy...But I Look Good to Me

This will be my final post. I am very happy with my results. I'm currently 22.5 weeks post and I weight 150 (I lost 15 pounds intentionally). I lost volume in my left hip and in my butt as a whole within the first 2 weeks of surgery but I haven't really lost anything since. It took a long time for my swelling to go down and I was on an emotional roller coaster about my results for a while (first 3-4 months). I'm finally happy! I love the size when I'm 160 lbs but I don't like the rest of me at that weight so ....oh well, can't have it both ways! Dr J did an awesome job considering where I started!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon