34 Years Old, Mild Submental Fat Pocket - Dublin, OH

I have a very small fat pocket under my chin that...

I have a very small fat pocket under my chin that prevents me from having the desired 90 degree angle. I'm thin and petite BMI 22. I decided to try Kybella because my plastic surgeon thought 1 vial, 1 treatment would do the trick. Yesterday I had the treatment and looked like a bullfrog immediately. I agree with all other reviewers. Feels like someone put saline in my neck. Little bit jiggly. This morning the swelling is more bilateral and I just look like I have a more exaggerated double chin. It's chilly so whatever. Had drinks with a friend last night with a turtleneck and scarf, it was needed! She said if I weren't so thin it wouldn't have been noticeable, but I don't know about that. I'm not going to hide in my house, but I also wouldn't do this in the summer unless you don't care to tell people about it. I'm hoping that by Monday it's closer to baseline. My fiancé didn't even notice the swelling yesterday. Stay tuned.

4 days post treatment

Waayyyy better. Still a little jiggle and slight swelling but nothing anyone would think was due to a procedure. I decided turtlenecks were drawing attention to it. I have my hair in a ponytail today. It is swollen, but not like a bullfrog anymore.

Mild fluid pocket still present

So I'm slowly returning back to normal (where I started). There is still a pocket of fluid under my chin, but it's much smaller than even yesterday. Can feel the fluid beneath skin less today than yesterday. Harder to make jiggle because the pocket isn't as large, but still numb. To my knowledge all of this is normal. I almost forget what it looked like before ;-). Fiancé says it looks completely normal, but I wouldn't go quite that far yet.

One week after Kybella

Still a small amount of fluid under my chin. Slight tingle when I touch the area and numb. As for appearance, I think I'm the only one that notices it's still slightly swollen. The lesson I've learned is that this procedure requires patience. I think one week out my results are typical or even a little better than what I have been told or read. So I'll take that as a positive experience thus far.

2 weeks after

Back to baseline with one nodule, same as others have reported. So far, typical Kybella experience.

3 weeks post

Completely back to "normal". No improvement yet, but don't expect any at this point. Module almost completely gone and still some numbness in the area. So far still at pretty typical experience for Kybella. I'm forcing myself to wait 8 weeks until I decide if it's worth it, but this far I think it will be.
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon