24 Year Old, No Kids, Expat - Returning stateside for Surgery.

So going for my first consultation about this. I...

So going for my first consultation about this. I am waiting right now in the American British Sugical and Medical Centre in Dubai right now to meet with the first doctor.

I haven't decided if I would like to do the operation here or outside (as it may be quite expensive here). The positives about being here, I can heal at home and worry less about accommodations and transportation etc.

I also haven't decided if I would like to combine procedures and do breast augmentation as well as bbl.

We shall see what the quote is and fortunately one of the doctors from America is in town here for a month or so. Inshallah things works out.

Mr Los Angeles

So he stated I would have to received a lift if attempting to do my breast augmentation and something about replacing my nipples. I have naturally smaller breast, 34b and asymmetry due to underdevelopment and scoliosis.

Yeah maybe I will just see another doctor. He's the third one I have had a consultation with and the first to ever tell me that I would need a lift. Ever.

Last minute consultation/Pre-OP Appointment scheduled

So a lot has happened since I submitted my very first review on here.

So to cut it short and be specific about said things I'll reverse and start over. So as you may know I reside out of the country; however, I wanted to do my surgery somewhere there are board certified surgeons and with someone who has experience working with complicated cases like mine.

I had posterior surgery for scoliosis when I was 12/13 years old and due to my muscular/skeletal system being asymmetrical (scoliosis) my case is a not average to say the least. I decided I would prefer to do my second surgery (in life...ever) in similar conditions as the first ie: at home so my family would be able to assist me in healing. So after searching on RS for doctors and reviews of doctors in Sacramento I decided I wanted to have my surgery with Dr. Scott Green at TPSC (Sac/Rosv in northern Cali).

I am flying a lot so it is hard to calculate timing and availability for this such as this, but I have fortunately been scheduled time off for vacation this month. I contacted the PSC hoping to schedule a last minute appointment within two weeks of having the surgery.

So after much going back and forth in between my working schedule I was able to schedule a pre-op appointment for the 13th of October (yesterday) under the premise of paying the total balance cash at that appointment. That appointment was bright and early at 7 am at their Sacramento facility. My mother and I were welcomed but the receptionist who handed me a small stack (exaggeration much) of papers and asked me to go to their waiting room. Their waiting room was lovely and my mother and I were shortly ushered to the back to discuss things with one of the coordinators.

In total we spent the bulk of the appointment discussing things with her of which I practically knew after doing so many years of research. Then the doctor came in to have a short brief with my mother and I before going to his surgery. He examined and asked me what I was considering and then we talked about the complications i could potentially have. Due to one breast being significantly smaller than the other (and not wanting to get a lift on the larger one because Im adamant about not having those scars of any hindrances to a future breast feeding possibility as I do not have any children yet) we are faced with many options that each carry their own risks.

So the known factors we discussed:

I prefer silicone (no saline)
No lift
Ok with them being "cousins" and not identical twins

Option 1: Get them over the muscle.

Pro: With doing so Dr. Green would be able to significantly predict how the implant would settle into the created pocket and influence with the implant settles behind the nipple on the left hand side to make the appearance better than the disproportion I currently have.

Con: On the right side (my smaller side with less tissue) the tissue could be so considerably smaller and with this being the smaller size it will need to have a larger implant to get as close to the "size" the left will be. With having less tissue the implant may be easily felt or "seen" as there might not be enough tissue coverage.

Option 2: Get them under the muscle.

Pro: There will be no issue with coverage from the tissue as the implant is under the muscle and I have sufficient breast tissue that will make that "natural-looking" so my right side would not be affected. Also doesn't interfere with future mammograms (once I start them), and I will be able to forego doing mri's for that.

Cons: There is no way to fully know how the implant will react as the muscles contracts and then proceeds to heal. So on the left (the larger side) the implant may not settle into the pocket that Dr. Green creates for it and I will have one breast (the right side) that falls perfectly in to place but then the other having an increased off nipple placement.

After going over these Dr. Green had to go to begin his surgery and left me with these things to think about and update him the morning I return for the surgery. Once he left we decided on doing sizers. Of which I did notice there was a bit of a push towards going more modest on the 300 side. I wasn't quite pleased with the proportion with the 300, so we tried 400 and then 450. 450 gave me more of the proportion I wanted. My mother liked the 400's.

The coordinator wrote 400-450 on the paperwork and asked me to bring in photos of "wish boobs" for the day of surgery so we can finalize on the decision. From there I left the coordinator to proceed to Kelly who deals with finances. Kelly is "different". She's very nice but very serious and seemingly was disappointed that I asked if there was a possibility of a paid-in-full cash discount. Although she was disappointed they did remove 200.00 from the total cost and I paid 6,600.00 to secure and reserve my operation with Dr. Green on the 20th of October at 10 AM.

I still am heavily weighing the pro's and con's of those options and would love to hear some opinions from you guys.


Count down....

T minus 4 days!
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful