Juvederm for Shrinking Lips!

So I have an autoimmune condition called...

So I have an autoimmune condition called scleroderma, and because of this my once full lips have become very thin. Fillers have been something I've wanted to do for many years but was afraid to. Looking in the mirror everyday was starting to affect me mentally so I decided to get the OK from my specialist and lung dr. I did my research and went to Dr Anh Nguyens plastic surgery/medi spa. After meeting with the lovely Injectables specialist Sheila (who researched my condition and liased with Dr Anh herself to see if Juvederm wasok for me ) I decided to come back a few weeks later.

On the day of injection we decided to use .8ml Juvederm and to use the rest a week after. She applied numbing cream for 40 mins then we went ahead. She was incredibly caring and constantly checked to see if I was in pain/feeling okay. Pain was minimal just a tiny scratch feeling! I left feeling ecstatic!!!

Went back a week after for .2ml

So a week after I went back to see my nurse and she couldn't believe my upper lip had almost gone back to normal :( she tried a different technique and used the .2ml on my upper middle lip. I booked an appointment to see her a week after again

An extra 1ml :)

So I went back this past Monday for an extra ml , my nurse had a box of restalyne on the Ta me which she suggested since my lips didn't seem to hold Juvederm, but since Juvederm is safest for me we stuck with that. same nurse etc. since I had lost fat in my upper lip she focused on building a profile for my lips. The swelling and bruising was minimal this time I think, I hope this lasts as Iam happy with this shape. If it dies down I think I will go back for another ml.

Juvederm Ultra Plus

So after having Juvederm Ultra twice, we decided to give Ultra plus a go! I had a ml of ultra plus and the shape finally started to stay. Came back a month later and got another ml. So in total I have 4 mls in my lips. Last ml I did she injected using the threading method.

The next time I see my nurse we are going to project my upper lip profile since there is a lot of filler but because my lips are so small they need to be pushed up. Can't wait!

Before / After

Me before the injections and after 4mls.

Went back for Another 1ml of Juvederm Ultra Plus

Im loving Ultra plus, it seems to hold the most shape. My lovely injectables specialist has been focusing on the philtrum and projecting my top lip which i love! i have .3 ml left so i will be back shortly. In total inow have 5mls.

6TH Session of Juvederm Ultra Plus

So this is my 6th session of jvuederm ultra plus.. im so pleased that the shape has finally stayed! im loving the shape. I had some juvederm injection into my lower mouth as i had some wrinkles when i smile and cheeks to even out on side. I also some botox injected into my forehead (Wrinkles from severe eczema). im over the moon with how im looking, i feel like my old self again.

7th ML of Juvederm Ultra Plus + Botox lip lift, Botox for forehead and Brow Lift

My lips are beginning to hold shape on their own, I managed to go 2 months without touch ups and still held shape! We decided to do another ml! My nurse didn't do the complete ml, and decided to see me in a weeks time. Next time i saw her she gave me a brow lift (which I requested) and did my forehead lines!! Very happy. Instead of giving me the remaining .4 ml of Juverderm XC, she gave me a lip flip with Botox. I will go back this week to get the remaining .4. The lip flip had made my lips poutier! Getting there :)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Excellent clinic, very understanding and caring Injector who looked into my condition and took the time to research my best /safest option