Looking Forward to My New Body by Dr. Tania Medina in the D.R. - Dominican Republic

I had to change plastic surgeons from Dr. Fisher...

I had to change plastic surgeons from Dr. Fisher in Miami to Dr. Medina in the Dominican Republic. So far, this process has been much easier and smoother. Dr. Medina is responsive and answers questions promptly. I'm having a tummy tuck, BBL, Lipo, BA w/ implants. I'm staying at the House of Phenom Beauty Recovery House for 12 days. It's a new recovery house and came recommended by someone I trust. I have my items purchased. I am buying my plane tickets tomorrow. And from there I'll be counting down the days. I met a lot of Medina dolls on Instagram and we've become a tight little group. They've been helpful, encouraging and supportive.

I Have a Lot to Update So Be Prepared for Many Updates

My surgery is tomorrow. So, let me catch you up. If you have questions, I'll answer as best I can here. I'm on IG a lot where I answer questions quicker. My IG is :medina722

Pricing Quote with Dr. Tania Medina

Tummy tuck with muscle repair

Liposuction on lower and upper back

Flanks

Waist

with or without lipoinjection to Buttock (BBL)

Breast Lift

US$75.00 per night. 10 nights US$ 750

Transportation included:

Airport Pick up

Medical Check up

Bring you back to the airport

US$100.00

Total price: US$ 6850.00

Extras areas of liposuction are US$ 300 each one (YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PRIMARY LIPOSUCTION AREA).

Please read all the information

Some dolls pics: http://www.tucirujana.com/dt_gallery/dolls or check IG.

YOUR QUOTE INCLUDED:

• HONORARY MEDICAL STAFF. (SURGEON, HELPERS, NURSES, MEDICAL CARE POSTSURGICAL, ANESTHESIOLOGY)

• SURGERY ROOM.

• SURGICAL EQUIPMENT.

• WASTE MATERIALS ROOM NiIO SPECIALIZED AND SPECIALIZED SURGERY.

• ANESTHESIOLOGY

• DISPOSABLES, DRUGS, AND RECOVERY ROOM.

• ROOM 24 HRS. (EXTRA DAYS ARE 200 DOLLARS)

• MONITORING AND CURES POSTOPERATIVELY.

• ONE POST SURGERY GARMENTS

• LABORATORY (CBC, GLYCEMIA, UREA, CREATININE, TGO, TGP, TP, TPT, HIV, HBSAG, HVC, BHCG, URINE) (ANY OTHER LABORATORY HAS TO BE PAY BY THE PATIENT)

•   CARDIOVASCULAR EVALUATION. (ANY OTHER EVALUATION THE PATIENT HAS TO PAY IT)

•   EKG

•   X-RAY (ANY OTHER SPECIAL STUDY THE PATIENT HAS TO PAY IT)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
·  The Administrative Process and balance of fees is due 48 hours before surgery.

·  Price is in America dollars.

·  To book a surgery date you have to make a US$500 not refundable deposit.

·  Prices Guarantee only for 3 month.

·  Any other test that is not list is extra.

·  If you do have Diabetes, asthma cardiovascular pressure problems, smoke or has any other diseases bring an extra US$300.00 for an specialist evaluate and approve for surgery.

·  The procedures will depend on your hemoglobin levels.

·  Is important to have a good hemoglobin level to have your surgery done. Your Hemoglobin and levels has to be over12ml for one procedure, more than 13 g/ml for 2 procedures and more than 14mg/dl for 3 procedures.

·  Is recommend to stay 14 days after usurgery or more depend of the procedures.

·  Take Iron pills 6 weeks before surgery. 2 weeks before stop all that contain Vitamin A and E.

·  The U$ 500 deposit to secure the date of your surgery are not refundable in case of cancellation and not transferable.

·  Must remain off work 3-4 weeks.

·  If you don’t have a place to stay you can use a recovery house. The costs is 75 dollars a night all inclusive. Also we can coordinate transportation.

·  Nonsurgical guest to stay at the recovery house is US$55 a day plus transportation.

·  In case you need to stay extra night at the recovery house for your condition or after surgery cost US$75.

·  The take home medication are not included in the quote. Costs approximately 250 dollars. Antibiotics, pain medications, proton pump inhibitors, vitamin C and Iron. Other medication than those has an extra cost.

·  The lymphatic drainage massage should be performed, recommended are 10 massages. This has cost about 300 dollars. Massages are not included in the quote.

·  It is mandatory for patients to buy insurance complications, the cost is between $150 dollars. Bring it in cash. Can get in the offices. The complication insurance cover extra hospitalization in case of complication, does not cover anything that is ambulatory.

·  If you smoke you will have oxygen treatments (mandatory), at least 6 hours, each hour cost US$ 100.

Paying the $500 Deposit

I used Money Gram. It was cheaper at $8 and much easier. I just went to a title loan/check cashing store. Make sure and contact Dr.Medina or her coordinator to see whose name to send the money gram to.

My bank wanted to charge $30 for a bank transfer. There are no Bank of Americas in my area at all to do it for free. So, my only option was pay $30 or $8. This was a simple solution. There are Money Grams at nearly every Walmart.

To make a deposit, send US$500.00 using Bank Of America, Banco Popular Dominicano or Money Gram.

The deposit has to be receive in U.S. dollars.

BANK OF AMERICA:
OR

BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO
OR

MONEY GRAM

The deposit is not refundable.

The information to send to Dr. Medina to prove your deposit:

Copy of receipt
Amount of the deposit:
Sender Name:
Sender City:
Surgery Date:

If you need an extra information, do not hesitate in contact Dr. Medina at dramedina@tucirujana.com

Medication List to Get From Your PCP

It's best to get the medication from your pcp. If you don't, you'll need to pay $250 to Medina for the medication below. My PCP wrote my prescriptions and it all costs under $50 with my insurance.

Medication after Surgery (cost US$250):

·       LEVOFLOXACIN 750 MG EVERY 24 HOURS PER 10 DAYS (antibiotic)

·       CLINDAMICINA 300MG  1 TABLET EVERY 8 HOURS FOR 10 DAYS (antibiotic)

·       ENANTIUM 1 TABLET EVERY  8 HOURS FOR 10 DAYS (pain pills -most get percocets)

·       OMEPRAZOLE 40 MG 1 TABLE EVERY 24 HOURS PER 10 DAYS (Prilosec aka reflux meds)

·       VITAMIN C 1000 MG EVERY 24 HOURS FOR 30 DAYS

·       IRON 1 TABLET EVERY 24 HOURS FOR 30 DAYS

·       BANEOCIN UNGUENTO/ BIAFINE OR TELEANGIL FACIAL/TROFOBOL (neosporin, etc.)
(CREAMS WILL DEPEND ON THE SPECIAL NEEDS OF THE PATIENT)

OTHER MEDICATION THAT YOU MAY NEED HAS AN EXTRA COST (heparin injections to prevent blood clots; 1 every day for seven days) I think I paid $10 for my bag of injections.

Questions to Ask Your Surgeon

Unless you have met the surgeon on a prior visit, and have seen the surgery facility, how do you know that you will be comfortable with him or her, and feel secure in proceeding with surgery? Remember, a successful; doctor-patient relationship is based on confidence and trust, not on perceived savings and price. Make sure you are fully comfortable with the surgeon providing your care.

* What are the risks of long flights and any additional land travel before and after surgery? Will travel have an impact on my surgical outcome? Will I have to stay longer at the tourist destination to decrease the risk of post-surgical deep vein thrombosis (DVT) before I get on a plane?

* Is there an increased risk of DVT in the legs, or pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs) associated with long air travel before and after surgery?

* What is the surgeon's training?
Be sure that your physician has specific training in cosmetic surgery procedures through an accredited plastic surgery residency program and/or fellowship.

* What specialty certification does the surgeon hold?
* The International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ( www.isaps.org ) is a good source for finding qualified cosmetic surgeons.

* What happens if you develop complications?

Make sure you know who will care for you and who is financially responsible for secondary or revisional procedures. Before you leave home check with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if they will be willing to provide post-op or revisional care if necessary.

* If you feel the surgeon has been negligent, what recourse will you have?
Find out in advance what liability coverage the physician holds and what are the local laws regarding medical malpractice.

* What are the local standards of anesthesia and nursing care? What credentials do these providers hold and what are the standards of the credentials?

* Is there an acute care hospital nearby if complications should arise? Is it a fully licensed, modern facility?

* What physician will care for you at home if complications arise?

* What are the surgeon's recommendations for aftercare? How long after your procedure will you need to stay in the area? Who will care for you in your initial recovery? What are the costs for this post-operative care?

* Do the key personnel at the surgeon's office and in the operating room speak fluent English?

* Carefully consider the total costs involved with having surgery abroad, including the additional time off work required for travel and recovery, the costs of air travel and extended stays abroad, potential costs if surgery revisions are needed subsequently, and unanticipated expenses if complications occur.

Supply List

I made this supply list for myself. You can modify it for your own personal liking. What I need may not be what you need. It's also changed since I changed surgeons from Dr. Fisher to Dr. Medina.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon