Tummy Tuck,Lipo, BBL and Breast Lift with Implant - Dominican Republic, DO

44 yrs young with 2 children 21 and 8. Like...

44 yrs young with 2 children 21 and 8. Like everybody else I have been stalking RealSelf for a while now. I have been back in forth between U S doctors and the Republic then back and forth with Dra's in Republic. I have finally nailed it down to Dra Tania Medina. My surgery is less than a month away and I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. I've been wanting to do this for years and since I'm 100% sure I'm not having anymore children, I've decided to do something for me for a change. I haven't shared the fact I'm going out of the country to have surgery done because I know my family will not support my decision to have my surgery out of the states (I don't need the negativity), so with that said I'm going alone. I'm so ready to get rid of this kangaroo pouch I have no need for it anymore. I want to get a tt,bbl,lipo of back, flanks and waist, breast lift with implants but that depend on my blood level of course. Your levels has to be over 12 for one procedure, over 13 for 2 and over 14 for 3 procedures. The surgery price includes recovery house and transportation. Unfortunately I'm unable to upload my pics, hopefully at some point I will figure it out, smh. Till next time dolls.

Why did I wait till the last minute

Well dolls I had a very Stressful couple of days, as usual me and my last minute self just started the process of sending for a passport, SMH! I don't have the correct birth certificate (no parents listed) to request a passport, so needless to say I was stressed, until I found out I can go to vital records and request one and receive it in 5 businsess days. I spent over 4 hours in that place (9:20am-1:37pm) I think I'm a very patient person and my patience was really being tested. So of course I have to pay extra for a rush passport which I was going to do anyway but the less days you have the more money you pay. I really didn't expect to get a surgery date 4 weeks after I paid my downpayment. So dolls that was my surgery journey today. Now I'm nervouse about the surgery and getting my passport on time. Till next time dolls.

Finally, passport on the way

So I had to pay $150 (rush passport),$170 (passport fee) $25 process fee and $20 (birth certificate) yeah I know. My passport will be ready Wed. 4/29 then I'm all set to travel. So let me tell ya'll what vitamins I'm taking. Vit C, B-complex, folic acid, multi vit, mega food blood builder and Salus-Haus - Floradix Iron & Herb all from Amazon.

This is the list I received from Dra Medina:
Stop using Multivitamin (because the Vitamin E and A) at least 2 weeks before surgery.

What you should bring:

Iron, Vitamin C, Complex B
Feminine Pads
Compression socks
Body wipes
Face towels
Tooth paste,
tooth brush,
mouth wash preferably the travel size.
Flat Shoes
Summer dresses about 3 or 4
One cotton tank
Your laptop or iPad or cellphone
If you have diabetic bring your Gluco Test. They could be required during the stay at home recovery.
Bring constipation pills, usually after surgery is necessary. ALso you can buy here.
If you have asthma bring the drugs for nebulization. They could be required during the stay at home recovery.
Other extras thing you may need:

1. package of 6 white tees
2. 1 package of 6 cushion ankle socks
3. 1 plush throw
4. Arnica cream
5. 3 bars dial soap
5. Neosporin
6. Antibacterial hand wipes
7. wet cleansing towelettes.
8. Dulcolax
9. Tylenol
10. Rose mosqueta oil
11. Bio oil 2 oz.
12. Adhesive tape
13. Gauze pads
14. Latex gloves (2 box)
15. Travel size toiletries at walmart comes with toothbrush/paste,shampoo,cond.,mini comb,deodorant,lotion..will also take makeup and hair bands)
16. Adult diapers (if you will has BBL)
17. Loofa
18. Female urinal

For all the extra that is not included and you may use or need during your stay here can be cover with US$300.00

I have everything on this list plus boppy pillow, passport case that goes around my neck and neck roll for plane ride. I'm trying to take necessary items only. I'm really not sure if I should put surgical items in my suitcase or carry on. My nerves aren't as bad but I have days where I'm questioning my decision which is nerve wrecking. I just keep asking God to keep me. I haven't told anyone in my family yet but I will tell at least one family member (not sure who yet) certainly not my mother she will probably have a nervous breakdown. Well dolls that's my surgery journey thus far. Till next time dolls!

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Well dolls my surgery is less than a week away and I must say I'm more excited than nervous. I did get my passport last week. I've been looking at this kangaroo pouch and saying my goodbye's lol, trying on clothes imagining not having a gut. It don't feel real or it hasn't hit me yet I don't know it's a real crazy feeling (can't explain it). I'm all packed and ready to go. I will tell my 21 year old when he come home this week. He will be taking care of my daughter while I'm gone with some family help of course. Just telling my family I'm going on vacation don't want to worry them definitely don't want to worry my mom she's a worry wart, they would all be negative. Nay sayers will try to throw a monkey wrench in your plan, not because they're trying to be mean they just don't know or understand. Don't get me wrong I have a great family who supports me but they will try to talk me out of it. Well dolls my bags are packed and ready to go. I was wondering do I pack my supplies in a carryon bag or just put everything in my suitcase oh well. I'm working really hard to get my house in order, apps I need are on my phone etc. Till next time dolls. Please pray for me.

Mommy got her body back and LOVING IT

Sorry for the long delay but on 5/11/2015 I went on my journey by myself to DR. I had my surgery 5/12/15. Thanks to my sweet Jesus things went fine with the exception that I woke up at the end of my surgery. I just tried to stay as calm as possible and prayed they would hurry. It was like the last 15 minutes of the surgery including wrapping me and putting on my faja. I must say, I would do it all again including waking up at the end. I will post more pics in a few days.

Procedures and healing

I forgot to mention that I didn't get the bbl I got scared at the last minute and thought that was to much at one time. So I got a tt, breast lift and implants size D. Okay healing...the first, I'd say five days were rough. I consider myself one tough cookie I had two kids no pain meds 20 hrs first kid 18 hrs second kid. I don't think its one thing that's hard I think it's everything all together (pain, stiffness, not being able to move around, swelling etc.) It's really easy to get depressed, I almost did until I started giving myself dates to do things and keeping busy as I could. My mom was a life saver as usual. She stayed with me for a week after I came home. I couldn't figure out how to get the tube out. I had to go to the ER, they said she did a good job. My tube stayed in for a week after I came home. After the tube came out it was like night and day I immediately started feeling better. My stomach felt crazy, it felt numb and tight and over time the feeling gets better and better. I still have little numbness and tightness. The only thing now is the little swelling at the bottom part of my stomach. I still wear a faja or a waste cincher. I also use Shea Butter and the oil Dra Medina suggests. My breast...when they started dropping I got sores at the top part of my breast. That was tough, they were taking a long time to heal. I realized I was taking care of them wrong. They need air to heal so I was walking around as much as possible with nothing on them. Lol, they started healing and I also used the Shea Butter. When your going through all this healing you really do question yourself. Is this going to be worth it. For me it was worth it, all of it. I love my breast and stomach and I'm still healing. So it can only get better. Will update at the six month. Happy healing!

Have realistic expectations

To all the ladies who haven't had surgery yet my suggestion to you is to be realistic with yourself first and foremost. It will save you a lot of heartache and disappointment. For instance if your body type or your weight isn't close to looking like Kim Kardashian (before the babies) don't go into surgery thinking your going to come out looking like Kim Kardashian. Another example if you have breast that really sag don't expect them to look like perky, fluffy sitting under your chin like a fifteen year old. Keep it real with your starting point. I never had perky fluffy breast not even when I was 15 lol. Unfortunately the women in my family have horrible stretching skin from the top of the breast to the top of the vagina. After we start having kids, it's a wrap. Stretch arm strong child. (You have to be over 40 to get that one lmbo). So when I got my breast done although I had some expectations, they were realistic, I wasn't looking for the doctor to give me a miracle because of where I started from. Now under all the layers of fat I had around my belly I knew there was a waste somewhere because I use to have a nice waste once upon a time. So my expectations were hopefully she can find my waste or something close to it. If things turn out better than what I was expecting, great. Don't get me wrong you should absolutely have some expectations but be realistic. Now I have seen some people who got a miracle..when you look at their before and after pics. Their body type allowed them to transform like that you might not have the body type that can make that type of transformation. Ladies please give your body time to heal before you bash your doctor because you go through so many changes when your healing from surgery. Also please if your going out of the country (Dominican Republic) please read as many reviews as humanly possible and pics, pics and more pics. I don't read many reviews that don't have pics. My thing is pics speaks louder than words. Another thing your not getting a consultation in DR it ain't going to happen your not in America. I keep reading ladies say I didn't get a consult, if you read the reviews, thats said in just about every review. If your not the type of person to speak up your going to get marked up and get surgery. When you email or speak with Dra Medina about what you want done and ask her questions about the surgery and she tell you how much your surgery is going to be thats your consultation. If you read all the information the doctor (Medina) email to you when your trying to get a date it says once you pay your down payment if you change your mind the money is non refundable because it pays for your consult (yes your email consult) you keep your date it goes towards your surgery. Read, read and read ladies. I made my consult happen I told her what I wanted she let me know that maybe possible but she won't know for sure until she's in surgery but if its possible she will do it if not she has to go with what's good for my body. First of all your going to another country and paying half the price you would pay in the U.S. and no matter where and who do your surgery it's not guaranteed your going to get the results you want. If you have unrealistic expectations your making things hard for yourself because surgery can put you through an emotional roller coaster on its own and if you not liking your results you haven't given them a chance to heal your definitely going to put yourself through unnecessary depression. I hope this helps...remember have realistic expectations.

Still on the road to recovery

Hello ladies, I'm 6 months out and I will say my symptoms are much better than a couple of months ago but I'm still healing. With my tt I still have swelling, some days less swelling some days more than others. The tingling and tightness is almost gone. The hard part is the swelling but mostly in the evening. During the day I wear a waist cincher or waist trainer or both all day until I get in bed, the tighter the better. If I don't wear my cincher my stomach will be swollen all day and that's so annoying. I completely forget about the swelling until I take my cincher off. My scar is still dark and if it stays dark after a year or so I'm going to get scar revision or a tattoo. For the most part I'm still very happy with my results and looking forward to my year anniversary hoping the swelling will be completely gone. I can wear jeans and pants without my stomach hanging over that alone makes it all worth it. I have beautiful cleavage, I love myself butt naked, lol. What more can a girl ask for. You can think your the most confident person in the world and think you can't get any more confident. So not true, having surgery gives you a confidence you completely took for granted when you were pre-babies. My confidence is through the roof since my breast and stomach has been done. Good luck on your surgery endeavor and happy healing.

On the road to recovery

I'm 6 months out and still healing from a tt. I still have swelling and tightness but its better than it was two months ago. I wear a waist cincher or waist trainer or both all day until I get in bed. If I don't I will have swelling all day and it's so annoying. I'm still very happy with my results and looking forward to seeing what I look like at my one year anniversary. My breast has beautiful cleavage and I love myself butt naked, lol, what more can a girl ask for. I was a very confident about myself before surgery. Had no idea I could get anymore confident than what I already was and boy was I wrong. My confidence went through the roof since my breast and stomach has been done. Good luck on your surgery endeavor and happy healing.

Still healing

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I was happy with Dra Medina beside manner, she answered my questions although like most surgeons in DR she don't really communicate the surgery process unless you ask questions. After I returned home for the most part either herself or Laura responded to email or call when I had any issues. She also made sure I got my money back when she was unable to do all my procedures.