Baez Babe in the Making. TT, Lipo, BBL Nov 3 - Dominican Republic

Hi Ladies!!! I am so excited! I finally got the...

Hi Ladies!!! I am so excited! I finally got the courage to post! Lol. I'm 5'3 and 195lbs....uggghhh. I have high blood pressure but other than that I'm pretty healthy. I also work in the healthcare field. I've had 2 c sections and plan to lose about 20lbs before my surgery date. Dr Baez seems to be kind and concerned about health not $$$. That's really important to me. I have kiddos and a hubby to come back to. This surgery was completely my idea and he is constantly telling me he loves me like I am but I want to love the body image I see every morning. And let's face it...this is not sexy! Lol. It's been taking a while to get a response whether I email or whatsapp. I sent my deposit on July 14 via money gram. Still waiting for her to pick it up! Hoping to meet others scheduled around that time. Health and healing to everyone!

Deposit issues

Ok. I sent my deposit July 14 via Moneygram per the email instructions. A week went by and it still had not been picked up. I emailed and texted but no response. I called the office a few times Friday (July 22) and ended up speaking to that same gentleman. He confirmed that she NO LONGER ACCEPTS MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION. He told me to cancel the MONEYGRAM I sent. I instantly went into panic mode and explained my situation and told him I didn't want to lose my surgery date. He reassured me I would not and said to email and whatsapp her and she will send bank wire instructions. I told him I've done that a few times already and it's been a few days. He said that was OK and she will eventually respond. So I feel better. Obviously she's not money hungry or trying to rip people off which is a good thing.
Late Friday evening I got a whatsapp from her requesting my email address so hopefully I'll get the email soon! But I'm chill about it now...I see it just takes her a while to respond. But she us still my first choice because I feel like she puts your health first and that is absolutely the most important thing to me.

Finally got an email!

I am sooo relieved! Finally got an email yesterday with bank wire instructions. I plan on sending it Thursday (waiting on refund from MONEYGRAM).

Changed surgery date

Hi dolls! So I went to my doctor last month and my hemoglobin was 10.4....I've always been anemic. She wanted me to allow a little extra time for the surgery to make sure I'm healthy so my date has been changed to November 3rd. Dr. Baez got back with me the same day and confirmed it! I've also been working on my weight. I'm down to 187!!!! My goal is 180 or less so I feel pretty good about meeting it. I plan to start purchasing the supplies I need this week. Any suggestions/comments about what you really need? Thanks!

Flight Booked!!!!

I am soooo excited!!! I'll be leaving Nov 1 with my surgery on Nov 3. I'm reconsidering my recovery house. Now I'm leaning towards Real Tropical Deluxe Recovery House. Anyone heard anything about them?

Flying out in 7 days!!!

Hey ladies,

I am sooo excited. This time next week I will be on my way to DR!! My sx is Nov 3rd. I'm a little disappointed...a friend was supposed to go with me but now she's not so I'll be on my own. I'm staying at Tropical Deluxe RH. Anybody having sx around this date? Feel free to DM. My bag is pretty much packed. I'm taking as little as possible because it seems nobody uses majority of what they take and I'm flying Spirit so I'm taking 1 carry on. Too cheap to pay for luggage! LOL...plus I don't want to have a heavy bag to tote on my way back. This is what I've packed:

Meds (vitamins, arnica pills/gel, neosporin (the one with pain relief and scar treatment), pain med, antibiotics, hydrocortisone)
1 pack chux
1 pack maxi pads
Alcohol pads
2 bars dial soap
2 packs antibacterial wipes
1 hand sanitizer
Toiletries (lotion, toothpaste/brush,deodorant,travel shampoo/conditioner)
Hibclens
Gloves (put them in a ziplock bag so they take up less space)
4 x 4 gauze (25)
Tape
1 pack large adult wipes (no showers)
1 pack facial wipes
1 pack personal wipes
15inch inflatable cushion (instead of boppy and more compact)
3 camisoles
3 pair undies
2 bras
1 nightgown
3 maxi dresses
1 pair capris pants (really stretchy n comfy for return)
Flip flops
Robe (silky one so doesn't take up space)
1 expandable wash cloth (its 2 x 2 inches...found at dollar tree)

I tried to have a dual purpose for my attire. I'm wearing shorts n tee on the plane. I'll wear the same tee back with the capris I packed. All the RH do laundry so I can always wash anything I need to. My flip flops match both outfits and the cheap pair I'm packing is for around the house.
Everything fits in my carry on. The supplies take up half my space so I will have room in case I want to buy a couple outfits :-)

Wish pics....

Made it here! Low hemoglobin:-(

Ohla!

So my flight got in a little early. Carlo picked me up from the airport. I only had to wait about 10 minutes. He was really nice. He took me to Western Union so I could exchange my USD for pesos (I wanted to have a little on hand). Then we went straight to the clinic! A lot of the buildings are older here. Reminds me of the Bahamas a little bit. When I got to the clinic, I met Manuel, Dr. Baez's assistant. He's fluent in English and was very friendly. He took my health history and then I saw the cardiologist. He was also very sweet. My EKG was all clear :-)
After that, chest X-ray, urine sample and blood draw. The medical assistant got me on the first try! I was soooo relieved because I'm a hard stick and it's rare they get it on the first try. By the time we got done with all this is was close to 6. Traffic was off the chain!!! No way I could drive here. There are very few street lights, mostly stop signs here and there. I don't know why they bother to have lanes cuz nobody stays in their lane. Got to the RH. Tropical Deluxe. Everyone was friendly. I'm the only girl here so I have the double room to myself. Ruth fed me dinner....beef with beans and rice, fish and mashed potatoes! A ton of food but it was really good. I didn't even eat half. Dr. Baez called Ruth and told her I need iron transfusions. I checked my phone and she had sent me a text with my lab results. Here are a few pics.

Damn period!!!!!

Ok. Tell me why my period started yesterday! And of course my hemoglobin is lower now. I had it rechecked today and it was 11 which is less than what it was when I got here. smh. So frustrating. So it's looking like Monday for my surgery now. Praying that my period ends ASAP.

Cardiologist

Because of my age (43) the cardiologist wanted me to get an echocardiogram even though my EKG was normal. I got it done yesterday. Got my results this morning and everything is all good:-). Thank you Lord. So I'm all clear except for the hemoglobin. Praying I'll be good for Monday. Thank you for all the positive comments.

Surgery tomorrow!!!

Got my all clear for surgery tomorrow. This has been quite the experience. Yesterday I had a bad reaction to the iron. It was my fourth day getting it. I think it was infusing too fast. I had a high fever, chills (I was literally shaking uncontrollably) and my heart rate was high...like 130. I stopped the infusion when I realized I was reacting to it. Ended up going to ER. They gave me some fluids and checked my blood count. Hemoglobin was 12. My heart rate went back to normal range. I had to repeat bloodwork today and my hemoglobin was 13.4! No signs of infection. No fever. God is good!!!!

Iron Reactions

I thought I would post this link. It's really good information about common iron infusion side effects.

Made it to the flat side!!!!

Hey everyone. I apologize for the late post but I wanted to give you a quick update. Had my surgery 11/8/16. Flew back home last night and I still have 1 drain in place. Didn't sleep well last night and finally getting some rest today. I will post all my details tomorrow. Thank you for all the support.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon