Lipo, BBL and BL in Dominican republic here I come !!

I've wanted surgery for years now and finally...

I've wanted surgery for years now and finally decided to get the ball rolling on making it happen. I workout and seem to never get to the results I want so I'm ready to take the plunge. I'm a planner so I'm already on planning overdrive even though I probably won't be ready (financially and everything else) until the end of this year. I've been researching doctors and have narrowed it down to 4. Dra Duran, Dra Robles, Dr Mallol Cotes, and Dra Yily. So far I've gotten quotes from Dra Robles and Dr Mallol Cotes. And therein lies my issue... I sent the same generic email with the same pictures I uploaded to this site. I specifically said I was interested in a BBL, mini BL (donut incision), and Lipo of my torso, I said I would only get a tummy tuck if I absolutely needed it but, cost aside, I rather not get an unnecessary scar if it could be avoided. Dra Robles sent me a quote which included a tummy tuck and Dr Mallol Cotes only listed Lipo. Of course, they also included the other areas I listed. Ladies, (especially vets) please give me your honest opinion. Do you think I need a tummy tuck to get good results or do you think lipo of my abs, back, and sides would be enough? I added a couple of wish pics but I am realistic and know that I won't be perfect. Also, I know once any doctor sees me in person they could potentially change their opinion or make a better suggestion but as I planner I rather be as prepared as possible. Btw, I'm 34 years old, 5"3" and weigh about 160 pounds.

Got a quote from Dra Yily, now if only I would hear back from Dra Duran

So I got my quote from Dra Yily yesterday and she also recommended just Lipo of the back, flanks, and abs, BBL and a BL.

Decided on Cabral and set for April 7th 2017!!

So a lot has happened since I last posted. I got about 5 or 6 quotes from various doctors. After researching and looking at their patients, I have decided on Cabral. I know the track record but I'm overall healthy and I'm confident he can give me the results I'm looking for.

Flight booked!!

Now that my date is set. I'm on a roll!! I booked my flight so no going back now. I'm too cheap to lose money by cancelling a flight so it's a go!! lol Next I'm trying to secure a recovery house. at this point I'm trying to decide between Princess RH and Sweetheart. They both have openings for the dates I need but decisions decisions. What do you guys think of these two??

Two months away! Things are getting really real.

SO I'm officially 2 months away from boarding a plane to D.R. and it won't be to see family. I've decided on Cabral as my surgeon and I've sent in my deposit through Paypal to confirm my April 7th surgery date!!! I'm so excited. I also decided on Eden Recovery house and being the planner that I am, I'm pretty much all packed. I decided to only bring a carry on bag and a bookbag with me. I don't want to worry about hauling heavy luggage or waiting for ever at a baggage claim. I used space bags to shrink down the size of my robe, boppy pillow and maxi pads so it could fit perfectly.

My packing list, I packed light just the bare necessities!!

Anti embolism compression thigh high socks (got from Amazon)
Arnica gel & tablets for swelling (got from Amazon)
Baby wipes (I opted for feminine wipes from Walmart they're bigger and thicker)
Back scratcher
Bra, front closure (for my BL)
Bromelain tablets (got from Amazon)
Carryon Suitcase
Chux bed pads (bought the Assurance brand from Walmart)
Clorox Wipes (travel size)
Deodorant (travel size)
Dial antibacterial soap (bar/travel size)
Flip flops/ flat shoes
Gauze & medical tape (bought first aid pack at Walmart)
Hibiclens (got from Amazon)
Lipo Boards [lumbar, ab,2 for laterals] (got from Amazon)
Liquid Iron (got from Amazon)
3 maxi dresses
maxi overnight pads (got from Walmart)
Neosporin (got from Walmart)
Razor (so necessary!!)
Robe
Rose hip oil (got from Amazon)
Sweater w/ zipper (I get cold easily)
3 tank tops, seamless not "wifebeaters"
Toothpaste/toothbrush (travel size)
Vitamins and meds (working on these!)
Washcloths
Boppy Pillow (got for free online just paid $11 for shipping)

Some of my favorite wish pics

Meds...Meds... Anyone!

So here's my new dilemma. I want to get my post surgery meds here in the states before I go so I could at least use my insurance to pay for them but I'm having trouble finding a doctor that would prescribe them to me. Guess that's thanks to all these people that abuse prescription meds. Does anyone know of any docs that could possibly prescribe me the antibiotics and anti coagulate or whatever else I might need (not necessarily just pain meds)? I'm in Connecticut but I could travel to nearby states if need be.

Just had a freak out moment...

So I had a freak out moment this morning. I had confirmed my appointment with Cabral back in October 2016 and at the time they didn't require a deposit. I had the email saying "you're confirmed for April 7th". I emailed him a couple of weeks ago to ask a question and one of his assistants emailed me back saying I had to send in a $200 dollar deposit. I sent the deposit through Paypal and then emailed her the confirmation info off of Paypal. She emailed me this morning saying April 7th isn't available and that the next date open is May 10th!! I totally freaked because I have everything ready to leave here on the 6th, plane ticket, recovery house, EVERYTHING!! I sent like 3 emails explaining this and called, no lie, 56 times through Whatsapp! I got no response and then I sent a message and a follow up voice message through Whatsapp too. A couple of hours, and short meltdown later, his assistant called me and told me not to worry that my original date IS confirmed and that the other girl had send me that email thinking that I was trying to set up a surgery date for the first time. Being the crazy, controlling but incredibly resourceful person that I am, I had already messaged my #2 and #3 choice of doctors to make sure that they had April 7th open and luckily they both did in case things didn't turn out the way they did. CRISES AVERTED!!

Meds update

So after talking to Cabral's assistant I've concluded that I'll wait until DR and get my meds from his office. She said they cater the meds to the individual because not everyone needs the same things. But, I'm still going to try to get some good old pain meds from here although I know it'll be hard. God bless America and it's addicts!
Oh, I went was still trying to find a moomoo to wear around the recovery house and I had no luck. But Miss Resourceful went to the source...my Mom. And she got me two of them. Yayy!!

Supplies List On a Budget- Boppy Pillow code

Anyone who knows me knows I love a deal. I try to be frugal (not cheap) whenever possible. I forgot to mention it when I posted my supplies list so for those who don't know, I want to pass the word. Use the following link to get a FREE Boppy pillow and only pay for shipping ($10-$15 or so). We know these can cost 430 or more. I got mine in the mail last week and waited to post about it because I was skeptical but it does work perfectly. Let me know if it worked for you.

Go to nursingpillow.com use promo code ENBABY.

Time is either flying or going in slow mo

5 Weeks 6 Days 16 Hours 28 Minutes until my flight to D.R. for my surgery!! But who's counting lol So I'm officially crazy. I'm not sure if time is flying by and my surgery day is right around the corner or if it's going in slow motion because I can't wait for the day to get here.

Tourist Card, in the bag!!

Since I'm in the final stretch, I decided to go ahead and purchase my tourist card online now. It's still $10 just like at the airport and it's good for one from the date purchased.

Countdown

We're down to single digits!!

So I'm down to 8 days and 12 hours before my flight to D.R. and 9 days until my surgery!! I'm in kinda panic mode trying to make sure everything is set according to plan. Gotta make sure my funds are right! Repacking for the millionth time tonight. Printing all my emails and saving my wish pics in case there's no internet or wifi. My brain is like scrambled eggs right now. I have a tendancy to dive in when I'm nervous about something, my attitude is always get on with it and get through it. But I haven't figured out how to speed up time yet. (I'm working on it!!)

2 Days until my flight to DR! EEK!!

So in 2 days and 12 hours I will be at the airport, on a plane ready for this adventure to come to its crescendo. I can't wait. I'm not nervous more so excited. The only thing is that doubt likes to weasel its head in sometimes and I start the what ifs. But I'm ready. Let's go!!

Last pics before surgery

Check once, no check twice!! or more...

I followed up with Eden Recovery, where i'll be staying, and they assured me everything is ready for my arrival Thursday morning. They said Jose would be waiting for me at the airport. (Sidebar... this feeds into the stereotype that almost all Hispanic menare named Jose or Juan lol) Well, I went ahead and sent half of the cost of my stay through Paypal so I won't have to carry as much money with me or worry as much about all the payments I have to make once I'm there, I'm sure my brain will be scrambled as it is. I also checked to make sure they received it and they did! I think I might be getting on their nerves but who cares lol. I'm a planner and I need to even quadruple check that everything's good to go. I DM'd them through Instagram, messaged them on Facebook, and then messaged them through Whatsapp too. Just in case ;-)

Arrived in D.R. yesterday!!

Today's the day of surgery and so far it's been very eventful. flight over here wasn't to dreadful everything went according to schedule and I got here around 8:30 a.m. The recovery house's driver picked me up and 20 minutes into our drive towards Cipla, realized that the other girl that he picked up was not the correct one lol she just happened to have the same first name as the one he should have picked up so back to the airport we went. This time we switch the girls out and we had the right person so we proceeded to Cipla for our labs and other exams. the place is beautiful and Cabral's office is exquisite. Paintings ere beautiful and the nurses and the assistant were extremely nice and helpful. The assistantsl collected the $200 for the exams and told me where to go to get my lab work done, my chest xray, and to see the cardiologist. Mostly everything went pretty quickly except for the cardiologist, who was gone the majority of the day so I waited almost 2 hours to see him for 10 minutes smh. I then went back upstairs and they explain to me that I would have to wait to see the doctor next.  There were few other girls there that had already seen him and where either waiting on surgery or some were waiting on consultations.  I finally got to see the doctor and it was everything I expected it to be. He was great, super nice and listened to everything that I wanted and was honest with me of what he can do for me. he gave me my final quote which I was so surprised and happy because it was a couple hundred dollars less than what I was originally quoted for. I paid that amount and was scheduled for surgery the following morning, today. I paid the other amount to the assistant and she gave me my meds And other supplies.  And then waited for my driver to pick me up and take me to the recovery house

The consultation

As far as Cabral he is it he looked exactly like I thought it would. I explained to him that I wanted my butt to be round and have good projection but not be stripper big LOL he told me I had a big butt already it just has no shape but he could fix that. Normally I'd be offended but this time I was glad. he was honest so I knew that we had the same vision. I opted to get full lipo, BBL, and a breast lift without implants. I'm so excited. I've been planning this forever and the day is finally here. Everyone around me seems like they're expecting me to be nervous but I planned things too well to be nervous at this point. Oh and I almost forgot, his office does have Wi-Fi. This was very important to me because up until this point I had no connection with the outside world or anyone back home.

First day events

Surgery day

So on the day of surgery I arrived at 5 a.m. even though I knew the doctor wouldn't be there till 7 period but there were other girls with me there were going to see another doctor and had to be there earlier so I guess I would just sit and wait around. There were a lot of girls there I guess they were trying to get them all in before this week coming up which is a holiday here leading up to Easter. It wasn't until about 3 p.m. that I got called to the back. I was given the blue pill and told to change into the Hat shoes and gown for surgery. Dr Cabral came in shortly after and Marked me up for surgery. Like 10 minutes after that one of the other nurses came in put me on the gurney and wheeled me into the surgery room. I started feeling drowsy and was talking to the anesthesiologist while the doctor was prepping. Luckily I wasn't nervous at all just excited and before I knew it I was out

Back to pre-surgery for a sec

Let me backtrack a little bit. When he came in there to Mark me up he asked me one last time exactly what is it that I was looking for. And I explain to him what I wanted and what I hoped my results would be. He clarified that I didn't want a really big butt right? LOL and I said no I just wanted it shaped better, he also pointed up my vulva area and asked if I wanted him to take some fat out of there and I was elated I said "yes take it all". He made it a point to point out that my breast for slightly uneven which is normal but he would do his best to fix that with the breast lift

A couple of pics from 2 and 3 days post

What I actually USED and want isn't necessary

Anti embolism compression thigh high socks (buy them for $7 or so on Amazon instead of $30-40 at the surgeon's office) *NEEDED*
Arnica gel & tablets for swelling (gel is very important for massages) *NEEDED*
Baby wipes (I bought 1 pack of the big feminine wipes b/c they're bigger than baby wipes. I SHOULD'VE BOUGHT 2!!) *NEEDED*
Back scratcher (Didn't bring and wouldn't have used it anyway)
Bra, front closure (buy from the doctor if you're getting any breast work)
Bromelain tablets *NEEDED*
Carryon Suitcase *NEEDED*
Chux bed pads (the recovery house has them but still needed) *NEEDED*
Clorox Wipes (travel size) *NEEDED*
Deodorant (travel size) *NEEDED*
Dial antibacterial soap (bar/travel size) *NEEDED*
Flip flops/ flat shoes *NEEDED*
Gauze & medical tape (buy WIDE tape and the gauze with adhesive helped a lot for lipo cuts) *NEEDED*
Hibiclens *NEEDED*
Lipo Boards (might not be used until 2 weeks or so after, depending on your doctor) *NEEDED at some point*
Liquid Iron (needed before surgery not to take to D.R.) *NEEDED*
3 maxi dresses (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't take short, sexy dresses or outfits for post-surgery, you'll be uncomfortable and look ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) *NEEDED*
maxi overnight pads (I took pads for heavy flow but Maternity ones are needed and are better) *NEEDED*
Neosporin (I put this on my breast scar after the tapes were taken off) *NEEDED*
Razor (I couldn't bend to use it below the waist but used it for my underarms!) *NEEDED*
Robe ( used a lot, only got dressed for doctor's visits or to leave the house)*NEEDED*
Rose hip oil (used Arnica Gel for massages and therapist had her own oil to use too) *Didn't use*
Sweater w/ zipper *NEEDED*
3 tank tops, seamless not "wifebeaters" (multiple needed since some may be getting washed) *NEEDED*
Toothpaste/toothbrush *NEEDED*
Vitamins and meds *NEEDED*
Washcloths *NEEDED*
Boppy Pillow (used more to prop myself up in bed or to place under my thighs for more comfort while sleeping until I left) *NEEDED*

***I didn't bring snacks but I definitely should've.***
Hector Cabral