Round 1: Mommy Makeover with Dr. Fernandez Goico - Dominican Republic, DO

This review is long overdue but since I am...

This review is long overdue but since I am recuperating from round 2, figured I'd get this one done first :) I lost almost 70 lbs and was very fortunate in that my body recovered fairly well, all things considered. Nevertheless I knew I wanted to improve especially after seeing my sister's results from her mommy makeover. As a single parent, I knew I'd have to go overseas due to costs and this was an option I was quite comfortable with since I'd lived in Latin America a few times over the years. After months of research, I hadn't found a doctor whose results and incisions impressed me until I happened upon the name Dr. Fernandez Goico in a realself review. That was my lucky day! I researched as much as I could and made the decision to go for it. I was trusting my instincts that FG was the doc for me.

It was November of 2014 and I had my mommy makeover booked for July 2015--I was about to turn 47 so this was a birthday gift to myself. Soon after scheduling sx, I had a friend from an online support group decide to take a leap of faith and go with me for a mommy makeover of her own! Cha-Ching!! FG offers 15% multiple patient discount!

I finally met the good doc and his lovely assistant Karel in July of 2015. I had all the tests done and was disappointed that my hemo was at 12.5, it had dropped from 13.1. FG made me prioritize my procedures due to my hemo but at the end of the day he was able to get it all done. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair, breast lift with 280cc medium profile implants**, lipo on back and flanks, and a bbl. I specifically wanted a natural look and just wanted to improve what I already had. I love my results!! I have a waist and booty again and my boobs are filled out and perky!

This was such a great experience that I decided to come back for a second round with FG (that review is coming soon).

Breast implant revision**

I put an asterisk next to my implant size above because I did need a revision. I had very little breast tissue to start with but the excess weight and my age had left my skin with very little elasticity. I could see and feel the implant in my upper pole. There was also a slight asymmetry with my areola (one dropped too quickly) and I apparently have really sensitive skin and developed a lot of redness due to the invisible stitches, which prevented the incisions from healing properly.

I was already returning for an arm lift (that will be a separate review) so spoke to FG about my breasts. Not gonna lie, I think going into this we all know in the back of our minds that something could go wrong. I just happened to replace those negative thoughts with "not me" positive ones!! Lol When it was me, I have to say the doc was incredibly patient because it was truly a mental and emotional process. He never brushed off my fears or dismissed me. He did ask that I wait at least 3 months to see how my breasts settled.

I broached the subject again at 3 months and he agreed to correct for me by placing the implant under the muscle. I just had that revision sx this past Friday 12/11/2015 and already see a huge difference. Before sx he recommended I use a larger implant and recommended I go with 350cc high profile. He also used traditional black stitches to facilitate the healing process. I've attached pics but keep in mind I'm just a couple days out and still experiencing swelling. I just want to reiterate that during this entire process, FG has been fantastic! He always remained accessible to me. I'm just grateful for who he is as a person and Doctor because it might have been a completely different experience for me.

They say you shouldn't look at boobs during first month... THEY were right!!

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op from implant/lift revision (and arm lift). Still very swollen. This aspect of recovery is quite emotional (for me anyway). Can't help but freak out when I see the uneven healing but I'm trying to keep FGs words in my mind: Sisters not twins!! Hoping this applies to the healing process as well.

Trying to figure out implant massages without causing harm to my lift incisions. Anyone have any tips on implant massages to help implant drop?

Quick update

Tomorrow wil be 4 weeks! Can't believe it! I was feeling a bit discouraged because left implant was still so high. FG recommended firm massages to help implant settle. After just a few days of massages, my left pec muscle has finally relaxed!! The upper finally feels soft so hopefully this will get my left implant to fall into place soon.

Will post 4 week pics soon!

6 week update

Sadly my left breast implant remains high. Given that I have textured silicone implants, it's unlikely to drop--plus docs suggest that pockets close after 3 weeks anyway. Still wearing the dreadful strap just in case but it's looking like I'll need another revision. According to FG the revision will take 5 minutes but I have no idea what that entails and he hasn't responded to my inquiries. Not sure what to do at this point. All I know is that I can't look at my boobs and find myself trying to cover them up with layers and scarves. Frustrated :(

7 week update

I cannot explain just how down and confused I was feeling about my left implant but I heard from FG yesterday!! Says I need a minor adjustment so now I'm just trying to work on when to go back. Ladies, this man takes pride in his work! Feeling blessed ????????????

Post op update

I am now 5 days post op and am pleased. When it comes to breasts, FG promises "sisters not twins" but since my left implant refused to drop, I had more like frenemies LOL. Although I am still very swollen, FG manually dropped my left implant and they already look like they are in the same family. Not sisters quite yet but certain that once swelling goes down, I'll love my end results.

FYI: FG is an incredibly compassionate doc that truly cares about his patients and the quality of his work. Although my left breast was problematic both times, I knew I was in great hands. Plus he's so easy on the eyes jajaja

I'll post pics once swelling goes down.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

FG's fantastic! He's incredibly detailed in his evaluation and honest. He'll tell you if you don't need a procedure! He has a great bedside manner... Honestly I could go on and on but the two most important characteristics for me are that he is accessible and a perfectionist! His lines are amazing and he was always responsive to any questions I had via whatsapp.