Lipo and BBL with Dr Tania Medina - Dominican Republic, DO

Hi dolls, I want to get lipo and BBL with dr...

Hi dolls,

I want to get lipo and BBL with dr Tania Medina in DR.
I have been doing research now for about 6 months and I really like her work and I also follow her on Snapchat and she shows her surgeries etc. I don't want to do an extreme butt. But nice and perky, small waist and flat belly :)

She sent me the links to a recovery house - my home recovery.
Has anyone been to that recovery house? How was your experience there?
I am not sure I want to to go there or to a hotel.

As far as dates, I am looking into end of July. how long do you have to take the vitamins and Iron?

Thanks in advance for your reactions. I appreciate it.
Much love

Finally got a date for my Lipo, BBL

I finally have a date. I just made my $500 deposit. I wanted a date in August/ September but the doctor said she was full. So next available date was October 19th. I took the date.....
I must say I am excited and nervous at the same time. I promised to upload pics. And I will, I need to dwnl them from my phone and I had to take more recent pics....

Anyway so far Dr Medina's response is quick. I talk to her via e-mail and via what's app and she answers all my questions. I like her so far.
Now it's time to start taking the vitamins. I bought, Vit C, Vit B6, Vit B12, Iron and folic acid.
So far so good...I will keep you updated.

Let the countdown begin !! 82 days to go :)

Traveling before surgery date

For those who had surgery with dra Medina. How many days before did you go to DR?

Ticket is bought so we are set

Hi dolls

Finally I bought my ticket so there is no turning back!! LOL
I am going 2 days before my operation date...this is to get all tests done.
I am so excited but also scared at the same time....mixed feelings

cheers

Finally my before pics

Finally I am uploading my before pics.
I want a flat stomach, all the rolls gone, small waist, the back needs workkkkkk, everything that does not need to be there got to go!!! And as far as my BBL I want a nice perky butt. Not huge but it needs a lift :( My hips are a mess! I want to fix it as well.
OMG I hope I look good when I'm done! This will be my birthday gift to myself this year!

From what I read Dra Tania Medina is good....so I hope my dream comes true :)

Cheers dolls

Countdown continues...46 days to go

Anyone having their surgery in October??

Recovery House

So Dra Medina was suppose to take care of the recovery house , it was in the e-mail with the quote.
I wanted to confirm that the recovery house was all set because I never received an actual confirmation. She told me to e-mail them my self to make a deposit to be sure. So I did that and now they e-mail me saying they are full.

Do you have any recommendations of a good and clean recovery house?

Thanks

Oasis RH

After reading a couple of good reviews on Oasis Recovery House... I decided to contact them. I received a quick response and my dates they have availability. Tomorrow I will send the deposit and I will be set.

Anyone else going to Oasis in October around the 19th?

Ab board nessesary ????

Hi dolls...
I am purchasing and ordering everything I need. I found this website www.chiseledlux.com , this website has everything for after surgery. And the prices are reasonable.
I ordered the foam for under the faja and also the pads sheets for on the bed.
Now I am wondering if I have to also buy the ab board.
From your experience ladies is the ab board also necessary?

The countdown continues.... 29 more days to go :)

chiseledlux.com

Hi dolls
Anybody familiar with chiseledlux.com
What are your experiences regarding how long it takes for them to send you the products?

Checklist

So I received an e-mail from Dr. Medina last night with a list of supplies I might need.
The list is longgggg lol
But it is helpful. I still need to get some of the things on the list but I wanted to share it with you all

What to bring list below:

*****************Stop using Multivitamin (because the Vitamin E and A) at least 2 weeks before surgery******************

What you should bring:

Iron, Vitamin C, Complex B. omeprazol
Feminine Pads
Compression socks
Body wipes
Face towels
Tooth paste,
tooth brush,
mouth wash preferably the travel size.
Flat Shoes
Summer dresses about 3 or 4
One cotton tank
Your laptop or iPad or cellphone
If you have diabetic bring your Gluco Test. They could be required during the stay at home recovery.
Bring constipation pills, usually after surgery is necessary. ALso you can buy here.
If you have asthma bring the drugs for nebulization. They could be required during the stay at home recovery.
Abdominal Board
Epi Foam
boppy pillow (BBL)
Other extras thing you may need:

1. package of 6 white tees
2. 1 package of 6 cushion ankle socks
3. 1 plush throw
4. Arnica cream
5. 3 bars dial soap
5. Neosporin
6. Antibacterial hand wipes
7. wet cleansing towelettes.
8. Dulcolax
9. Tylenol, Advil
10. Rose mosqueta oil
11. Bio oil 2 oz.
12. Adhesive tape
13. Gauze pads
14. Latex gloves (2 box)
15. Travel size toiletries at walmart comes with toothbrush/paste,shampoo,cond.,mini comb,deodorant,lotion..will also take makeup and hair bands)
16. Adult diapers (if you will has BBL)
17. Loofa
18. Female urinal

For all the extra that is not included and you may use or need during your stay here can be cover with US$600.00

*** By the way the countdown continues..... 20 more days to go ***

Hemo update

I got my blood work done and my hemoglobin is at 13.5
I'm so happy. I will continue my Vit B12, B6, C, folic acid and iron pills and of course eating spinach and beets.

Sick :(

Pfff I have been sick for 2 days now.
I have a cold. I am so mad at this cold. My Hemo was so good now I'm scared it will go down and I have about 2 weeks to go. I am doubling up my Iron and Vit C intake. I really hope to stay on point with my Hemo.... :(

feeling a bit better

I am feeling a lil better now. Still not 100% but it's getting better!
Now I'm in the stressing phase. I am so worried my hemo went down! Uggg I'm eating beats and spinach like crazy....
Today I received my BBL pillow and my compression socks. Also my pee-z came in today. I will post pictures later tonight!
The countdown continues .... 14 more days!!! OMG dolls it's getting closer!!!

BBL pillow etc...

Hey dolls
Just wanted to show the BBL Pillow ( it comes with a small black "bag" which makes it easy to carry around. The compression socks ( I couldn't find black in my size, so ordered beige) The Gogirl https://go-girl.com/ , this is the female urination device. Very helpful when wearing the "faha" compression garment.

What happened to Dra Medina's snapchat ??

I follow dra Medina on snapchat. But honestly for the past 3 weeks she hasn't been posting anything really.... Is it just me or does she have a different snapchat now? anyone??

Packed!!

So I am packed! I finally received everything I ordered from chiseledlux. Everything came in just fine. It took a little bit longer then I expected but they finally arrived!Today was the last day I took all my vitamins. As you are supposed to stop 1 week before surgery and only continue with iron.

Furthermore, I am nervous about my hemo dropping because I have my period and I believe tomorrow is my last day with my period. I just hope it does not drop my hemo.

This weekend is waxing, manicure ( I am taking off my acrylics nails) , pedicure and we are all set!

Surgery experience ( Lipo and BBL)

Hi dolls,

I have been gone for a while and I have not been updating my journey....my apologies
So let's start from the beginning

I flew to DR 2 days before my surgery. On Oct 17th. My surgery was Oct 19th. I got there and George (Medina's driver) was waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. He was very nice and he speaks English. In his car he has wifi so I could contact my family that I have arrived and I was safe. We went directly to the clinic where I had my blood work done and had to pie in a cup. After that I sat and waited for at least an hour and I was asking what's next.... all the assistants told me was to sit and wait. So after an hour and a half they gave me papers to fill out. I did that and while doing that I saw Medina walking by. She said hi and gave me a hug. So I had to sit and wait again and I waited for a good 4 hours before the driver picked me up. I arrived at the clinic at around 2.30 pm and I was picked up around 8 pm. This was so frustrating..... all they tell you when yo uask is to wait. So anyway when I was picked up they brought me to another clinic where I had to get x -rays of my lungs. Pfff so I got to the recovery house after 10 pm. The recovery house I stayed at was Oasis Recovery house. ( I will write a separate review on Oasis, they were wonderful)

Ok so it's the day of surgery and I had to be at the clinic at 5.30 am. I was picked up around 5 am and when I got to the clinic I had to do a heart test. After that they showed me my room ( around 6 am) and I had to fill out some papers. Medina came in with a nurse. The nurse put in the IV needle and Medina took some pictures and that was the first time I got to talk to her about what I wanted. She gave me the blue pill and she spoke to me for about 5 min max. I did not get to really tell her about my expectations. I was rushed and the blue pill knocked me out right away, I did not even put my clothes away and close my purse.

When I opened my eyes I was in the room and my cousin was there. ( I have a cousin in DR, she is a doctor as well. And I wanted her to stay with me instead of an overnight nurse) My cousin said she got to the clinic at 6.30 am and they told her I was in surgery. I did not wake up during surgery. The last thing I remember was taking the blue pill talking briefly to Medina about my expectations and that's it.

The day of surgery when I woke up I was not in pain. I felt sore. My butt felt sore but no real pain. My cousin said that the anesthesia is not completely out of my system. Later that night they brought food and juice. I could not keep anything down. I started vomiting and they put something in my IV in order to stop vomiting.

After 10 pm I did not see the nurse anymore . My cousin was the one emptying the bowl of urine. In the morning Annie came to give me a massage and wipe me down. The pain started to kick in. They made me stand up and I almost fainted. So they started checking my hemo. It dropped from a 13.8 (before surgery) to an 8. They made me eat and gave me iron IV.

Another doctor came in ( female) and she was so rude. She wanted me to leave. As if she needed the room. She did not know I could speak and understand Spanish and she was telling 2 other nurses that I had to leave. My cousin then told her in Spanish that I was not going anywhere until my hemo goes up. She wanted me to stand up and started pulling at my arm. At this point I was in pain, I felt sick, it was horrible!!! SO anyways after that they let me stay till 3 pm when they tested my hemo and it was finally a 9. I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. And they had to change it. (my eyes, face and mouth were swollen)

They dropped me off at the recovery house and that night was the worst night ever! I just did not know what to do with myself. I could feel liquid in my body. That burns. But let me tell you every day gets better. I must say the first 3 days are the worst, after that it's not so much pain just uncomfortable.

I had 3 check ups with Medina. The first and second check up I saw her for about 5 min max. Nobody explained anything to me. I did not get a history of what was done to me even though I asked several times. And today is November 10th..... I am still waiting. The last check up I did not see her only her assistants. They told me she was in surgery. I waited for the driver for one hour and a half ( I called about 4 times, and each time they said they were on their way)

Finally what I can say about this experience is that I have mixed feelings. I must say Medina is a good doctor. I am not unhappy with my shape. But I feel like if I got the proper time to explain what I wanted I would now be happier with my results. As not everybody wants the same thing. Furthermore, I must say the service is horrible. They are very disorganized. I never knew what was going on. Every appointment I had to call to know when and what time. They never told me anything and if you ask they tell me ...oh we will call you....pfff I felt like after I paid they put me aside. I felt like a number. It's like they are running a factory. At no point I felt like I could connect with the doctor or anything. I don't know.... I am disappointed because I thought Medina only did 2 surgeries a day and it was not run like a factory like some other doctors in DR. But I came to find out she does more than 2 sx per day and everything was just chaotic.

Now I'm back home and I never herd from them. Everything I know as far as post op care is through my research online. I have no idea how much fat she took out, and how much cc's I have in my butt.... I wish more people who have been through the same as I went through would write that in their review because I did meet some dolls who feel the same way I feel, just that I never read this anywhere.

Finally I must say I do not regret getting lipo and BBL. I do look better then before. I just hope my body goes down more after the swelling is down. As I heard it takes up to 3-4 months for swelling to go down. I have irregularities on my stomach and on my back. But supposedly this is normal and will go away with massages. I took massages in DR everyday for the 12 days I was there post op. Now back home I take massages twice a week and I try to massage myself every time I take my faha off to shower. The massages help, they are painful but after each massage you feel so much better.

I am 3 weeks post op and I can move better... it only hurts during the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom, and during massages it hurts as well. I still wear the ab board and foam under my faha. I did get a small faha burn. Also I have to say that it's still a roller coaster. Some days are better then others.

I will post pictures in the weekend.

Oasis Recovery House

I took s chance with Oasis Recovery House. I could not find many reviews on them because they are fairly new. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The nurses really helped me through the hardest days. They make sure you take your medication on time and they make sure you eat healthy. If you have a request they accommodate you. It's clean and they really make you feel comfortable. The RH manager is also very helpful if you need to get something or go somewhere he will take you.
If I have to recommend a RH I would definitely recommend Oasis RH.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon