Out of Country Breast Surgery, 32 Years Old No Kids, 230cc over the Muscle. - Dominican Republic, DO

A review, a story and some advice for people...

A review, a story and some advice for people thinking of doing elective surgery in or out of your country.

I've always had a very flat and bony cheast it's never held me back and I've learned to laugh at all the jokes over the years, (some that are quite funny) Although in my twenties my breast had more volume even if they where A cup.

Since a while now they lost lost the volume and as I settled into my now normal weight in between 120-125 I really had nothing. Just bones. At 5'8 I've always pictured my self having Breasts of some kind, not what I saw in the reflection.

I was stuck with what I had where my thoughts.... But slowly the mind set of my youth started to fade, and when a girlfriend visited me I told her that I was actually thinking of getting surgery! (Break through) she advised me that I didn't need it BUT if I was seriously unhappy -to get them -to fix "here"(pointing to her brain)
I giggled but the words stuck...

So Eventually I decided to get my surgery! And out of country in the Dominican Republic.

Now ANYONE thinking of getting surgery out of country should make SURE that the doctor speaking fluent english (or your mother language) it may seem like there are not that many things you need to know but you do, and you NEED to be able to comfortably talk and understand your surgeon.

Also their portfolio should reflect what you want, I was going for small and natural so when I found Dr. Goico I knew that he was right for me.
Make sure they are board certified. Make sure they are active in the surgery community.

Ask about you anesthesiologist They hold your life in their hands you want to know that there practiced and that the doctor respects and likes working with them. In my case when I contacted Dr.Goico he had told me that was one of the reasons why he choose to work at the clinic that he does -because the anesthesiologist is practically overqualified and actually works most days doing heart transplants a far more technical job than surgeries of breast augmentation. This made me feel very reassured.

Your doctor should ask you for photos before they even tell you if you're able to get the surgery any doctor who will take you without you sending in photos seems a little strange to me.

Also the pros for out of the country surgery are as follows;
You can stay over night at the clinic (and trust me you will want to!) the first night and day I had a nurse 24/7 and I needed her! Pain and nausea was quickly taken care of! Going to the bathroom is a two person job the first day, you will be out of it!

Second there are great surgey houses that you can stay at, they have nurses and massage therapist on call and food brought to you 3 times a day. I was very lucky because my boyfriend stayed with me for the first four days so I opted to rent an apartment close to the clinic and get my lymphatic draining massages done when I went in for check ups.
Third, the lymphatic drainage massages are only $25 and well worth it the therapist pushes all the fluids that collected out towards the lymph nodes so that your swelling goes down faster.

Also one month before surgery your doctor should be recommending you to start taking certain supplements and to stay away from others if they're not doing those they're not getting you prepared fully for your surgery and that's a red flag also in my opinion. Dr.Goico told me to take folic acid and iron supplements along with protein to raise my hemoglobin one month before surgery. One exciting side effect of this is that my nails have been long for the first time in my life my hair is incredibly healthy!

I received my quote right away and they also were booked for the whole month that I wanted to do the surgery but they managed to find a cancellation from another doctor and could squeeze me in that month which was really a step above and beyond.

Dr.Goico was on point, extremely personable and polite. He spent at least two hours with me in the first consultation talking about everything; risks, what I'm looking for, what I can expect all of the things. We did blood work and a test on the EKG. He also was very confident that I would get amazing results, which felt really good as well.

Going over the sizers was scary for me! I'm flat so anything in my bra just seem HUGE! I'm also very athletic so we decided on the smallest implant he carries 230cc and the gummy bear models, tear drop shaped-not round. From Euro Silicone. Also I was advised to place the implant over the muscles as I'm so active. I opted to go in the crease it just personally seemed right for me. He also told me he would sit me up at least three times during surgery-that's how they can see the implant placement for how you and the world will see it. Most doctors only do it once at the end from what I've researched.

The anesthesiologist was funny and made me feel at ease.
He injected the medication that puts you out and I kissed my boyfriend one more time before my eyes apparently rolled back in my head.hehe

When I woke up I was very emotional and groggy from the meds, and I had boobs! Doctor came in and told me that everything had gone amazing and as soon as I could, to stand up and walk around to prevent blood clot. That day was very difficult, towards the end I managed to have an appetite after they gave me some antinausea medication but the night was quite painful and I was up quite a bit, the air-conditioning is essential.

The next day I was released and able to go home to the apartment and later that night I actually feel well enough to get Korean barbecue so I would say I was felt very good! Most of my days after I spent normally except I was pretty tired an I couldn't lift my arms very high or carry anything heavy even cutting carrots was pretty hard so thank god again my boyfriend was there.

A word to the stomach sleepers out there-I had been nervous for months as I'm a stomach sleeper and you have to sleep on your back, all of my worries were for nothing because they give you strong medications for the pain and also I asked for sleeping medication. My body just naturally wouldn't want to sleep any other way than on my back so I slept just fine like a baby maybe even better than before surgery!

I'm now one month postop and am very excited with the results they're not as hard or as high anymore and are quite soft most of my friends haven't noticed which I like. I didn't get surgery to have huge boobs -I just wanted to have boobs. I am very excited to see where they're going to be six months from now...and can't wait to get clearance so that I can get back in to my water activities.

Thanks Dr Luis A. Fernandez Goico

Photos Added

More photos.??

Thanks for all the positive feedback that I've got and I wish you all the best of luck in this amazing journey! Xx

More pics

Pics 2 months post op!

higher quality photos before and after

hey everyone,
I'm healing just fine and the girls are super bouncy and AMAZING!
Im so happy with the results!
Thanks again to DR G.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I had my first appointment 1 day before surgery and after reading so many great things about Karel the girl at the front desk, when I walked in she was as friendly, sweet and beautiful as all the other patients wrote! She just has this aura around her and makes you feel great as soon as you walk in. The office is posh and clean. Dr.Goico was on point, extremely personable and polite. He spent at least two hours with me in the first consultation talking about everything; risks, what I'm looking for, what I can expect all of the things. We did blood work and a test on the EKG. He also told me he would sit me up at least three times during surgery-that's how they can see the implant placement for how you and the world will see it. Most doctors only do it once at the end from what I've researched. About the anesthesiologist, They hold your life in their hands you want to know that there practiced and that the doctor respects and likes working with them. In my case when I contacted Dr.Goico he had told me that was one of the reasons why he choose to work at the clinic that he does -because the anesthesiologist is practically overqualified and actually works most days doing heart transplants a far more technical job than surgeries of breast augmentation. This made me feel very reassured. The day of surgey I was nervous but when I got to the clinic it just so nice and clean Dr. G kind of has a Superman/Clark Kent thing going on, he looks very sharp behind his desk and then the day of surgery he comes out looking like a super hero Ninja surgeon) Another point that I loved about the Dr. Goico was that he wanted to see me almost every day after my surgery for the first 10 days. I received the lymphatic drainage massages when I would go in and just having your surgeon tell you that everything is going good is very comforting. I know it wouldn't have been like that had I decided to do it in the states. For the results I wanted Dr. Goico was amazing and very informative makes you feel very comfortable, I would absolutely recommend him to any of my friends who are considering the plastic surgery. I will add that day or night he has email and he answers. If you don't have a phone on island he has a company phone to lend you! Talk about 5 stars! Another client said it best: "When you hear him describe his technique and how he makes a few things different (and explain why he does so) you notice you're in the hands of a true artist, and that's exactly how I feel now, like a piece of art." Thanks Dr Luis A. Fernandez Goico