Mother of 4 Wanting to See, the Inner Goddess of Me on the Outside! - Dominican Republic

I contacted Dra Medina via email. I heard back...

I contacted Dra Medina via email. I heard back from her within a couple days (the same week). I filled out the questionnaire and attached my photos.

I received my quote a few days latter. In the quote it stated that I will have three months to secure my date, with the quoted price by providing my $500 deposit. I like this because, it allows you to truly make a good dedicated decision.

Plus it says a lot about her understanding of possible patients. To allow you the time you need to plan, research and decide without feeling rushed or pressured to send a deposit.

I am a little taller than five feet five inches. I weigh 166 pounds. I've given birth to four children and last year had a total hysterectomy. I am ready to do something for me. I have been researching and thinking of doing this, now for about 3 years.

I already have a passport and have saved one week worth of paid vacation time. I plan to have the surgery next year, then at that time I will have three paid vacation weeks worth of time.

I like what I've seen so far and really like that I can view Dra Medina on Youtube while she does different procedures. My price includes Tummy tuck with muscle repair
Liposuction on waist
Liposuction on lower and upper back
with or without lipoinyection to Buttock (BBL)

Price: US $4500.00

US$75.00 per night. 10 nights US$ 750

Transportation included:

Airport Pick up
Medical Check up
Bring you back to the airport

Total price: US$ 5350.00

I plan to send my deposit next month to secure my date. I work in the office environment, and have spoken with my supervisor and was told be being off for ten days wouldn't be a problem.

Making small purchases of natural healing, pain redution for the external body.

I have been doing my research and found some all natrual, but strong healing options for the skin. I will update once I am off of work for the day.

Smal purchases made, for some basics and healing oils.

I have started the process of purchasing my supplies. I like to be prepared ahead of time, and not scramble last minute. I have picked up some of the basics.

First supply run:

Low cut socks-1 (8) count pk
White cotton bath towels-2
White cotton wash cloths-1 (4) count pk
Travel bottles air travel approved-4 pk
Spirometer-1 Using a spirometer after surgery will help you keep your lungs clear and will help keep your lungs active throughout the recovery process, as if you were performing your daily activities. I had one from when I had my hysterectomy last year.
Hyland's Muscle Therapy Gel With Arnica 3 oz-1 box
Sunny Isle Jamaican 4-ounce Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil-1 bottle
ZAQ Lavender 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade 0.5-ounce Essential Oil-1 bottle
ZAQ Tea Tree 100-percent Pure Therapeutic Grade 0.5-ounce Essential Oil-1 bottle

The tea tree oil: is very good to use for all types of infections. It is antifungal, antiviral and anti-bacterial. Good for all kinds of skin wounds and irritations from sunburn, to acne, athlete’s foot and more. It also helps to get rid of bruising, swelling and helps to prevent MRSA.

Lavender: Stings and bites, burns, bruises, scrapes. It has analgesic, antiseptic and more properties to help heal wounds. Not to mention the calming effect it will have to the person affected.

The coconut oil: This oil can be used for massages, conditioner, moisturizer, and has anti-aging properties. It can also help in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.

I plan to use the lavender in a wash treatment along with the Hibiclens wash. The tea tree oil, lavender and coconut oil will be mixed together, to use during my massages, and once the wounds has closed up it will be applied directly on them. This will help reduce scarring, and or make them hard to notice.

The key is to use them at day one for the best thearpy results naturally. Second supply haul to happen next pay cycle. My goal is to purchase supplies every pay cycle, twice a month.

Helpful information of what should be avoided a couple weeks prior to surgery and what should be eaten or taken

I hope that this is helpful.

Your Health Is What Matters Most
Nutritional Information Manhattan, Long Island – Plastic Surgery

Proper nutrition is essential to fuel normal functioning of human anatomy, including beating of the heart and respiration of the lungs. Nutrient needs are altered when additional stress is placed on the body, including growth spurts, exercise, injuries, sickness, and pregnancy/lactation. Surgery is particularly stressful as incisions are created and the body works to heal its wounds. The best pre-operative nutrition will help the immune system fight against infection and prevent and treat excess blood loss. Research has demonstrated that optimal recovery, including the best possible results seen in the shortest time period, is achieved when particular dietary and supplement regimens are followed. Specific nutrients are needed to repair skin, blood vessels, nerves, and even muscles and bones. Read below to learn more.

Pre-Operative Nutrition

Your current dietary intake may not meet all of the recommended daily allowances for macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals. The pre-operative period (2 to 4 weeks prior to surgery) is a great time to ensure you are achieving your needs for a healthy lifestyle while also preparing for the upcoming stress of surgery. Below are a few nutrients that are vital during this time period.

Water: Water is the largest component of the human body, comprising 60 to 75% of each of us. It is essential for all of the body’s systems, including the skin, digestion, metabolism, and hormones. It maintains skin hydration, making it moist, plump, and free of blemishes. In digestion, it aids in ridding the body of toxins, waste, and impurities while maintaining regularity and preventing constipation and bloating (which can occur post-surgery due to body trauma and post-op pain medications). Drink a minimum of 64 ounces daily.

Protein: As the second largest component of the body, protein is required for tissue building and repair. Our organs, hormones, red blood cells, immune system, and enzymes are all comprised mainly of protein. Although most Americans get more than enough protein in their diets, it is imperative that you consume a sufficient amount to meet your daily needs (including exercise) and best prepare your body for surgery and post-op tissue repair.

Multivitamin: Since it can be difficult to eat a well-balanced varied diet each and every day, a highly potent multivitamin and mineral supplement will ensure that you are meeting all of your micronutrient needs. This will prepare the body for the upcoming tissue repair process.

Vitamin C: An antioxidant found in many fruits and vegetables protects cells from environmental pollutants and toxins and prevents bruising. It also aids in collagen production and improves blood vessel dilation, which brings more blood and nutrients to damaged tissues for wound healing.

Zinc: Zinc is used for growth, tissue building and repair, and improved immunity. Take caution not to intake excess, as it can interfere with absorption of other minerals, including iron and copper.

Glutamine: Increased tissue concentrations of this amino acid during the pre-operative period will reduce healing time and aid in surgery recovery.

Arginine: This amino acid aids in infection prevention, immune function, and post-op tissue repair.

Coenzyme Q 10: Another antioxidant when, taken before surgery, results in quicker recovery after surgery.

Probiotics: Antibiotics are often given for cosmetic surgery. While they kill bad bacteria and prevent and/or treat infections, they can also wipe out the good bacteria of the gut. Regular intake of probiotics ensures good bacteria inhabit the gut and prevent nausea, gas, bloating, constipation, or discomfort that may occur as antibiotic side effects.

One Week Pre-Surgery

Directly before surgery, there are certain foods that may interfere with anesthesia, bleeding time, immune function, and healing time. These items should be avoided.

Vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, fish oils, and all herbal supplements should all be STOPPED 1 week pre-surgery (including your multivitamin).
Green tea, cayenne, ginkgo, garlic, ginger, flaxseed, tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant may have a negative effect on anesthesia or bleeding time.
Foods high in refined sugar should be avoided as they can suppress immune function.
Either decrease your intake of fish high in Omega 3’s (blood thinners that can increase bleeding time), or balance it with lean red meat (has arachidonic acid which counteracts blood thinning).
Limit “neurotoxic” items including alcohol, caffeine, aspartame, and MSG.
Known or potentially allergenic foods should be reduced or eliminated. The top 8 allergens are: wheat, eggs, soy, peanuts, eggs, tree nuts, milk, fish, and shellfish. (You may wish to start this regimen 2-4 weeks pre-op.)
Avoid aspirin and all other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Post-Operative Nutrition

The goal of proper post-surgery nutrition is to promote quick healing and recovery with the assistance of a well-supported immune system, while reducing pain, inflammation, and swelling. Pre-op supplement regimens (as listed above or directed by your Doctor or Nutritionist) may be resumed, while sugar, allergenic foods, caffeine, and alcohol should continue to be avoided. In addition, the below items can be added to improve recovery outcomes.

Diet: The foods you eat 72 hours post-op should be bland, soft, and easy to chew and digest. It is recommended for the first week after surgery, the One Week Pre-Surgery protocol be followed.
Anti-inflammatory Foods: Add foods high in monounsaturated fats, such as extra-virgin olive oil and avocado, tart/sour cherries, and blueberries. Avoid foods that increase inflammation, including saturated and trans fats (found in fried and processed foods) and refined sugars.
Supplements: Make sure to continue with Zinc, Glutamine, Arginine, Coenzyme Q10, and Probiotics. Wait 72 hours before resuming Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, B vitamins, fish oils, and a Multivitamin.
Bromelain: This anti-inflammatory proteolytic enzyme has been shown to dramatically reduce post-op swelling and bruising. Take 200-400 mg tablets on an empty stomach 2-3 times daily, and continue for 1 week post-surgery.
Arnica Montana: This anti-inflammatory herb acts by dilating capillaries, facilitating blood flow to the injured tissue to reduce swelling and pain. Take 5 of the #30C Pellets 3 times daily, starting 3 days before surgery, or every 2-4 hours for the first 48 hours. Continue for 1 week post-surgery.
Grape Seed Extract: Studies have shown that this supplement helps decrease recovery time by assisting Vitamin C’s entrance into cells, which improves cell membrane strength. It also decreases swelling and scarring.

Planning to make a deposit October 7th

I plan to send my deposit October 7th. Still not quite sure what date I am going with in February. I would like a surgery buddy who's planning on having surgery in February.

In the mean time, I will be making payments towards my procedure. I would like to travel with as little $$ as possible. I am doing another supply run this weekend. Maybe for vitamins or dresses irk. But I will update and post pictures.

I hope that every one, are preparing mentally, physically and however you may need.. so that we all come home healthy, sexy, and ready to take over the mirrors.

Ready to move another step closer in this journey

Brought a few more thing's and sent an email to Dra Medina. I need the deposit information, to make my deposit.

Requested a new quote to reflect a breast lift

I requested a quote for a breast lift with or with out implants the new quote is: Total price: US$ 6850.00 she also emailed the deposit information to make my deposit.
I figure my breast will look all sad and depressed, while the rest of me has had an refreshing body maintenance. Might as well shoot for an over haul. Now time to build up my immune system, I will began increasing my iron intake, the reason being. I think 4 months of pre surgery, vitimans and increased water intake should help me during surgery.

Getting different quotes

I emailed Dr Medina again after I got a $1,500 increase of a quote to have my breast done. She responded back saying she only has one price for the procedures. This is what she stated in the email:

Bbl + lipo 3700
Tummy tuck + bbl + lipo us 4500
Mommy makeover us 6000 which includes the breasts

Those are only surgery amounts

Now if those are her only prices, then who emailed me from her email saying my mommy make over would cost me $6,850?

Also I have two bank deposits information to make my deposit at one or the other. Has anyone made a deposit, if so what was the information provided to you. This is making me nervous now.

I just emailed her asking if my mommy make over is $6,000 or $6,850. I'm a very through person, so thing's like this..makes me second guess thing's.

Am I getting nervous because I'm about to send this deposit?

I think that I may be over thinking thing's, with a combination of working 13 hour shifts..just so I can pay as much of the surgery this year as possible. I think once I speak with someone over the phone, I will be more at ease.

Also considering Dra Yily

Hi ladies,

I must say, that I am at a crossroads. I have also been following Dr You as well. Dra yily, I have kept up with for years, 3 to be exact.

I know she's had some bad reviews, so has many talented surgeon's in the DR and the US as well. One of the main reasons I am considering Dra Yily. Is due to the many year's of practice she has.

I feel that she has pretty much crafted her skills. That she's probably had more time in correcting, and improving certain thing's in her procedures.

I want to have my breast fine as well, I've followed her breast work and it's pretty nice. I haven't seen much breast work of Dra. Medina. Although I like the skills of both doctors, I really feel that I might be able to have a better turn out on my breasts with Dra. Yily. My breast are my deciding factor in which doctor I go with at this point.

I say this because, I know they both give great results..with the tummy tucks, Lipo and BBL procedures. But Dra Yily has more experience with the breast and good results as well.

I did get a quote from Dra Yily, for the same procedure, excluding the breast lift. My quote was as folllows: Quote for everything: $5,200.00 USD

(This package includes 10 days, 9 nights with the surgery night free in a TRIPLE room & ground transportation. The RH fee $600 covering 8 nights and the transportation is $100. If you DO NOT want the all inclusive package DEDUCT $700 from the above quote)

*The quote above is valid thru December 31, 2016*

I have the $$ to make my deposit to either of the great surgeon's.. But I'm stuck sitting on the fence. Looking at the two, both have the good, and and some ugly.. no single person can be expected to be perfect.

I'm going to pray and meditate on it, the next three days. Hopefully my mind, body and spirit will guide me correctly.

Me after I had two of my children at age 21

Me after all four of my children, now at age 39

Side view me now

Front view of me now

Mind made up and deposit sent first thing this morning

I made my mind up, staying with my hurt and Dra Medina it is. Deposit sent via wire transfer from my bank. She she have it in 20 Mins, next step after she confirms the deposit and date, is to purchase my plane ticket.

Received email confirmation from Dra Medina

I received email confirmation from Dra Medina that my deposit was received. She just asked for a final picture of my receipt. But the one I received from my bank is the only receipt I have.

It's the size of copy paper and I called the Bank who told me that is my final receipt. Dra Medina, stated it's hard for her to see all the information on my receipt. Not sure what else I can do about that. Any idea's would be appreciated. Thank you ladies..

Another vitiman run

Just finished speaking with Dra Medina

I just finished speaking with Dra Medina via WhatsApp. She has confirmed my surgery date and answered additional questions.

She also sent my email confirmation as well.

I have you reserved for surgery on febreury 13 2017

Remember to take Iron 325mg at least 4 weeks before surgery.

You have to be in Dominican republic 24- 48 hours before surgery to decrease the clots in your legs.

The airport is Las Americas International airport, in santo domingo.

Must be in the clinic on time .

An Adult must accompany you to sign the consent for surgery. in case you are from another country that is not necessary.

For administrative reasons must pay the full amount of the procedure before surgery

Must be accompanied, if possible by a family during and after your procedure.

Do not take aspirin or derivatives thereof , ibuprofen , vitamin E, ginko biloba four weeks prior to your procedure as this help bleeding . If you are taking any medications should notify the doctor. You can take acetaminophen.

If you smoke, it is recommended to stop smoking at least 4 weeks before surgery.

Stopping oral contraceptives two weeks before surgery.

• Eat something soft the night before the procedure.

• Do not eat or drink anything after 10:00 pm, no water .

• Do not take any medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.

• Shower the night before the procedure.

• Call if the day before admission to the clinic the following: fever, nausea , vomiting , diarrhea or extreme pain.

• Remove nail your nails (hands and feet).

• Do not eat or drink anything

• Brush your teeth but do not swallow water

• You can apply a soft makeup if desired but not mascara, shadow, eyeliner or false eyelashes

• It only takes on the morning of the procedure pressure medications (if so require) and anesthesia with a drink of water .

• Dress casual and loose clothing, brassieres unseen , pantyhose , stockings, panty

• Leave all jewelry and valuables at home

• Before leaving the clinic will be given verbal and written instructions for all their surgical care.

Plan to be off work for 15 to 21 days, especially if your job involves heavy lifting or strenuous activity .

After speaking with her, I will be in the DR two day's before my surgery. With the amount of procedures I plan to have. It makes since to give my body the time to adjust from the plane ride. This will help keep me less prone to blood clots.

I'm officially excited now..February 13th 2017 I will become a Meddinaa Doll...!????

Placed my vacation request

I placed my vacation request for approval. I have requested to be on vacation from the 12th of Febuary to March 6th.

I really want to give myself time to heal and adjust, before going back to work. I also figure that I can get as close, as I can to a month off in paid vacation time.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Fast to respond to my emails, and answers all my questions.