BBL - Can't Decide on a Surgeon. HELPPP!!? - Dominican Republic

I have been wanting to get a BBL w. Fat transfer...

I have been wanting to get a BBL w. Fat transfer for almost 4 years now. I did not have the means financially to do so but now that I do I am more than ready to get this done!

Unfortunetly what I thought would be the easiest part, choosing an MD, is becoming a nightmare.

I can't seem to choose a surgeon due to the different mixed reviews and because of low rating on reviews as well. I've done some research on my top picks: Dr. Jose Mora, Dr. A. H. Duran, Dr.Almanzar, Dr. Yily, and lastly, Dr. Cabral. They all have great before and after pictures but a few have negative reviews about post op care that really concerns me because I think post op care is one of the most important parts of the process.

Anyway, I need help figuring out what I should really be focusing on when choosing a Dr for this procedure and for those who have done the procedure- who do you recommend?

I Finally Have a Date for my BBL in D.R W. Doctor Jose Mora

I have finally made my surgery appointment for January 6th 2017. It feels like it is so far away. I have chosen to do my surgery with Dr. Jose Mora. He is not as popular as other PS, but I have seen his work and I think he will give me the 'natural' results that I want.

I cannot stop looking at pictures on Instagram or RealSelf of "wish pics" and even different "Barbies/Dolls". I am super excited, but also nervous. Does anyone have any helpful lists of things to bring or advice on how to prepare your body before the surgery?

Is it normal to have doubts ?

I feel in my gut that I have made the right decision with picking a doctor and a recovery house, but I can't help but think about the dangers of PS.

I have recently been binge watching Botched on E! And it is scary the things that happen to people after surgery. I guess I shouldn't be watching this show knowing I'm going to get a procedure done. Anyway, I am now more nervous that the day is getting closer and I'm not sure what I'm going to expect. There is no turning back now though, I have purchased my flight and given in my deposits.

Any ideas on how to cope with doubt and nervousness ?

Done and ... in pain lol

Disclaimer: this is my experience. Everyone is different.

I want to just say ... OUCH! I mean I read a lot of reviews where people stated it is painless just uncomfortable and sore-like, but f*** no. It hurts. Not in an unbearable way but it's difficult to move around, you feel like you were working out for 5 consecutive months and you feel crazy weak. I found it difficult to pee at first because I couldn't bend down. Walking was helpful to me because I didn't put pressure anywhere. Sitting down even in the booty pillow is difficult. Nonetheless I'm happy with my results so far. I haven't gotten any massages yet because it's only my first day post op. But I will be posting an update on how I feel moving forward to see how far I've come. Don't hesitate to ask any questions !!! Pictures coming soon !!

In So Much Pain!!

I wanted to give a brief update on how my lipo experience has gone so far. I have been putting it off since my last post since I have been in a crazy amount of pain. In terms of the doctor and the post op care I've received I have ZERO complaints. Everyone has been extremely helpful at the RH and my PS has been very nice and attentive. As far as recovery, I have so many issues, concerns, and questions that I feel like no one has yet answered.

Day one of my surgery (day of) my pain level on a scale of 1-10 was probably a 3. It wasn't too bad esp. since I had a catheter in and didn't have to get up at all to use the bathroom.  Day two was painful. My faja was put on and I started to feel the pain a lot more in my mid section. The pain level went up to about a 5-6 at that point. My boyfriend (God bless him) was extremely helpful (still is) and was helping me get in and out of bed as well as use the bathroom.  Day three was, until now, the most pain I've felt. I couldn't bend down, my legs were swollen, I started getting my massages so that pain was also almost unbearable. My pain was at about a 7. I felt like complete shit this day.  Day four, five, six and today have been gradually getting better in terms of mobility and what I can do on my own. In terms of pain it has just gotten worse. The pain is mostly my abs, back, and underneath my arms. The pain is not soreness as others say, it is actual pain that if I touch it even a little bit I start to get teary eyed. I have asked my Ps and my massage therapist whether it was normal and they have said that it is. I don't think so though.  Before my surgery I had researched intensely the healing process and the pain level because I knew I had to go to work after two weeks. Everyone would describe it as soreness or moderate to no pain especially after a week. Now that I've experienced it that is not how it is for me at all. I know it has only been 7 days and I should be more patient but how can I if every day it gets worse than the previous?  I am not sure how I'll be able to go back to work next week if this persists. I'm very scared for what's to come considering I need to go to work and I'm a big P**** when it comes to pain.  If anyone has any advice (besides getting massages - I'm already doing that) on how I can minimize the pain please comment or message me!! I'm desperate for answers.  Ps* I take Perc. Three times a day for pain. It's def. not a need of medication.

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I have not been in touch with DR Mora himself, but his assistant is very lovely. I have even been able to talk to his assistant on the phone about the procedure and what I should expect. We'll see how it goes.