One Week Until Surgery! - Des Moines, IA

Hey everyone!!! I am scheduled for my BR next...

Hey everyone!!! I am scheduled for my BR next Friday-Sept 16!! I am SOO excited to be able to breathe with ease, not have back pain anymore, and FIT INTO CLOTHES!!! I'm 5'9" and I wear a size H. I've always had big breasts but I have 2 children who have made them larger! :P I am done having children so it is time!!!

Freaking out!

Okay, so last Sunday I showed my sister a bump on my boob that I have had for over a week and I thought it was a bug bite. She said it's a zit and I need to pop it. Bad idea!! It became infected and I had to go to my PCP last Tueaday to get antibiotics. He said if there's any sign of infection on the day of surgery, it will be postponed. Well..the infection is gone, but I'm left with a hickey looking bruise from trying to squeeze it so hard! I didn't realize how thin the skin is on the boob so I busted a ton of capillaries! And I'm afraid the surgeon won't take my word for it and think it's an infection if it's still there by the 16th and cancel the surgery! It is fading..but sloooooowly.

Surgery Friday! (I hope)

Surgery is Friday and I have a sinus cold. I'm praying that it doesn't go into my chest or there won't be surgery this week :( I'm terrified! I've been taking zinc, using Zicam, using essential oils, drinking orange juice, and water. The good news is, is that the sore on my boob is looking better!!! It's hard to tell on the picture but it looks like a dried up zit.

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!

I couldn't fall asleep until late last night.. It hit me. My biggest anxiety comes from just being under. I've been under anesthesia 3 times before and did fine, but it's that feeling of being forced to sleep...that feeling.. Idk. I know that should really be my last concern but I tend to worry about the silly things.

I woke up this morning nauseous! I'm very nervous at this point. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have two kids at home that aren't going to get the attention that they need. My oldest, Braden, is 3 1/2 so he understands. My husband had colon surgery last year so Braden's been through this before. My youngest, Brody, is almost 10 months. He's going to be so confused why mommy won't hold him or love on him and that breaks my heart. I'm having a hard time realizing that I won't be able to feed him the bedtime bottle and rock him. I probably won't be able to lay him down tonight...... :(

Today is the day!

I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I am SO anxious/nervous!!! I've waited 5 years for this! Now that it's finally here..I feel like I could barf. I can't wait for it to be over.

NO MORE "H" BRAS!!!!!!

I did it you guys!!! My chest felt instantly light! Right now I'm feeling great because they numbed me at the incision site. Tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure, so I'm enjoying the comfort while it lasts. I was in surgery for about 3 hours. I am so excited that it has finally happened!

Before and after pictures!

I'm pretty swollen and my abdomen is too.

Day 2 post op

I'm feeling pretty good today, just a lot of tightness in my chest. It feels like I've done to many push-ups! I'm still pretty itchy so I think I have an allergy to the Percocet and not the antibiotic like the doctor originally thought. I am way more aware of my peck muscles now. My boobs were so heavy before that I didn't notice my muscles! My boobs are really swollen and feel full.

4 days post op

I'm feeling very weird. I don't know if it's because I'm used to being so top beach so now maybe I feel off balance? I don't know, it's hard to describe. I don't feel "natural" yet. I'm sure I'm still swollen!

Hot!

Should I have a burning sensation run through the inside of my nipple?!

Tape was removed today!

I had my follow up today and the dr removed the tape-thank goodness!!! I hated the feeling of the tape underneath my boobs! I was worried because I started bleeding randomly last night and my husband and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Turns out I had a huge blister under my tape! I'm glad I don't really have any feeling because that sucker looks sore!!

Feeling discouraged.

I am only day 8 post op so I know I have a long way to go, but I feel like under my nipples around my incisions I'm flat and all the fullness in my breast is above my nipples which is making me look cone shaped. The doctor and his PA said that everything will shift where it needs to go once the swelling goes down in a few weeks but I'm really nervous. Did anyone else feel like they looked like this after surgery? Other reviews I've looked at, the breasts come out looking full and beautiful (yes of course with swelling) and even. Someone help me out and tell me it'll be okay :(

New pics

Here are pictures to back up what I'm talking about in my previous post. My boobs come to a point instead of round nicely and my nipples look so odd from the side and I just feel like I look like I'm still sagging! I just wish I was so much more happier at this point.
Dr. Carlisle

He is an awesome doctor with a fantastic personality.