One Week Until Surgery! - Des Moines, IA

Hey everyone!!! I am scheduled for my BR next...

Hey everyone!!! I am scheduled for my BR next Friday-Sept 16!! I am SOO excited to be able to breathe with ease, not have back pain anymore, and FIT INTO CLOTHES!!! I'm 5'9" and I wear a size H. I've always had big breasts but I have 2 children who have made them larger! :P I am done having children so it is time!!!

Freaking out!

Okay, so last Sunday I showed my sister a bump on my boob that I have had for over a week and I thought it was a bug bite. She said it's a zit and I need to pop it. Bad idea!! It became infected and I had to go to my PCP last Tueaday to get antibiotics. He said if there's any sign of infection on the day of surgery, it will be postponed. Well..the infection is gone, but I'm left with a hickey looking bruise from trying to squeeze it so hard! I didn't realize how thin the skin is on the boob so I busted a ton of capillaries! And I'm afraid the surgeon won't take my word for it and think it's an infection if it's still there by the 16th and cancel the surgery! It is fading..but sloooooowly.

Surgery Friday! (I hope)

Surgery is Friday and I have a sinus cold. I'm praying that it doesn't go into my chest or there won't be surgery this week :( I'm terrified! I've been taking zinc, using Zicam, using essential oils, drinking orange juice, and water. The good news is, is that the sore on my boob is looking better!!! It's hard to tell on the picture but it looks like a dried up zit.

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!

I couldn't fall asleep until late last night.. It hit me. My biggest anxiety comes from just being under. I've been under anesthesia 3 times before and did fine, but it's that feeling of being forced to sleep...that feeling.. Idk. I know that should really be my last concern but I tend to worry about the silly things.

I woke up this morning nauseous! I'm very nervous at this point. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have two kids at home that aren't going to get the attention that they need. My oldest, Braden, is 3 1/2 so he understands. My husband had colon surgery last year so Braden's been through this before. My youngest, Brody, is almost 10 months. He's going to be so confused why mommy won't hold him or love on him and that breaks my heart. I'm having a hard time realizing that I won't be able to feed him the bedtime bottle and rock him. I probably won't be able to lay him down tonight...... :(

Today is the day!

I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I am SO anxious/nervous!!! I've waited 5 years for this! Now that it's finally here..I feel like I could barf. I can't wait for it to be over.

NO MORE "H" BRAS!!!!!!

I did it you guys!!! My chest felt instantly light! Right now I'm feeling great because they numbed me at the incision site. Tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure, so I'm enjoying the comfort while it lasts. I was in surgery for about 3 hours. I am so excited that it has finally happened!

Before and after pictures!

I'm pretty swollen and my abdomen is too.

Day 2 post op

I'm feeling pretty good today, just a lot of tightness in my chest. It feels like I've done to many push-ups! I'm still pretty itchy so I think I have an allergy to the Percocet and not the antibiotic like the doctor originally thought. I am way more aware of my peck muscles now. My boobs were so heavy before that I didn't notice my muscles! My boobs are really swollen and feel full.

4 days post op

I'm feeling very weird. I don't know if it's because I'm used to being so top beach so now maybe I feel off balance? I don't know, it's hard to describe. I don't feel "natural" yet. I'm sure I'm still swollen!

Should I have a burning sensation run through the inside of my nipple?!

Tape was removed today!

I had my follow up today and the dr removed the tape-thank goodness!!! I hated the feeling of the tape underneath my boobs! I was worried because I started bleeding randomly last night and my husband and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Turns out I had a huge blister under my tape! I'm glad I don't really have any feeling because that sucker looks sore!!

Feeling discouraged.

I am only day 8 post op so I know I have a long way to go, but I feel like under my nipples around my incisions I'm flat and all the fullness in my breast is above my nipples which is making me look cone shaped. The doctor and his PA said that everything will shift where it needs to go once the swelling goes down in a few weeks but I'm really nervous. Did anyone else feel like they looked like this after surgery? Other reviews I've looked at, the breasts come out looking full and beautiful (yes of course with swelling) and even. Someone help me out and tell me it'll be okay :(

New pics

Here are pictures to back up what I'm talking about in my previous post. My boobs come to a point instead of round nicely and my nipples look so odd from the side and I just feel like I look like I'm still sagging! I just wish I was so much more happier at this point.

2 weeks post op

Tomorrow marks my 2 week post op. I have felt no pain, except in my muscles near my armpit, until Tuesday this week. As another blogger described, it's a similar feeling to being engorged after child birth. The outsides of both breasts have been burning and itching. I've felt some nipple pain too, but that's most likely from dropping a cereal box on my nipple. Good thing my mom and I were the only ones in the Walmart aisle at the time!! I woke up with some pain on my left rib cage yesterday. I can't tell if it's internal or on the surface of my skin-there's nothing visual, but it hurts to touch. I'm having a lot of itching at my incisions on the bottom of my breasts, as you can see, I'm still broken out from the darn tape and it actually looks worse than last week somehow lol. I probably did too much on Monday. My mom was staying with me so of course she thinks she has to clean everything so then I started in because I don't want her doing it all! Last week I could fit into a D and this week I fit into a DDD so I'm still really swollen!!!! I have confidence that everything will heal the way it should with time. I am so grateful that I'm able to sleep on my sides without any trouble! As long as I can sleep at night, that's what's important to me while I heal!!

Just wondering.. at what point did all of your swelling go down? I'm two weeks out today and feel like I keep get more swollen!

Swollen and sore

The pictures are from the day of surgery and the other one is from last night. I am sooo sore and swollen! I'm due for my period soon so I'm not sure if that's adding to the swelling/pain. I haven't had sore boobs from my period since I was in high school so who knows what's going on with me. They just keep getting harder and harder. I had my husband feel how full of fluid they are and he couldn't believe it. If my PS offered to stick a needle in my breasts and suck the fluid out, I would be all over it. That's how uncomfortable I am!!

Old bra fits!

I fit into an old D bra again!!!! That's an awesome feeling! My right side is still more swollen than my left. (yes that's a washcloth hanging out of the bra lol)

Breakdown on right side

My T section broke down last week, when it started having pus come out, I called my dr and his PA gave me ointment that I think I'm allergic to. Not only do I have this nasty hole, I have a rash surrounding the area and it itches. This picture was taken a few days ago. I also have some break down on my right nipple where the vertical incision starts. I can't wait to see my dr tomorrow!!

5 weeks post op

Not much has changed! My breasts are still swollen and the wound is still open. It's sloooooowly healing! I'm feeling great though!
Dr. Carlisle

He is an awesome doctor with a fantastic personality.