I'M MELTING AWAY (AND I LOVE IT)!!

I will be 57 this summer. I'm currently scheduled...

I will be 57 this summer. I'm currently scheduled for the sleeve surgery on 5/31/16. I was always fairly slender until I had kids (3 kids are now grown). Also, after having my thyroid removed, a hysterectomy and quitting smoking, my weight has skyrocketed! My highest weight was 293! I almost fainted when I saw the scale (currently 278) ! I also suffer with joint pain, GERD, sleep apnea and hypertension. I got married 5 years ago and have gained almost 100 lbs since then! I'm tired of being tethered to a CPAP machine (even when I nap/doze) and want my life back. When I think of getting my "stomach stapled" I get really nervous, but I want to live a longer, healthier life so I can watch my grandkids grow up (I have 8)! So glad I have this forum to document my WLS journey. Currently going thru pre-op tests and my psych eval in a couple of days. On your mark, get set, GO!!!

Thyroid supplements after VSG

I finished all my pre-op qualifying tests yesterday! YAY! All paperwork submitted and now just waiting for approval by insurance...tick tick tick. I currently take thyroid meds and wonder how my sleeve will react to the thyroid medication? Also wondering about over-the-counter meds after surgery. Just wondering...

It's Getting Closer - New Surgery Date: May 24, 2016

Well, after some complications my sleeve date had to be rescheduled. I am now convinced more than ever that this is the right decision for me. My hypertension got so high about 10 days ago, my doctor thinks I had a mini stroke (no permanent damage Thank God)!!! I'm getting really excited that its almost here! Anyone have any suggestions on a tasty protein shake I could buy for my pre-op and after sleeve care?

Almost There

So I've had an echocardiagram, a brain MRI and a neck and lung ultrasound! Jeez, but happy to report I'm good to go. One last hurdle is to get cleared by the neurologist this Friday (5/20). Apparently I had a small stroke and my bariatric surgeon is requiring clearance from him as well. I pray it will happen quickly because my sleeve is set for Tues 5/24 and I am soooo ready!

6 More Days!

I cannot wait...a little bit of anxiety, but overall so ready to feel and look better! Woo-Hoo

I Feel Great! So Satisfied With My VSG Decision

Well, I'm 17 days post-op and I feel pretty good. The weight is dropping off me like sweat! I never realized just how bad the weight had me feeling until I lost some of it! Obesity is indeed a disease because you do feel and look sick. I'm on pureed foods and tasting small bites of food "just to see how it feels going/staying down".

1 Month Surgiversary

Woo-Hoo! I got sleeved on June 6 and its one of the best decisions I've ever made! Here are my stats:

HW - 293
SW - 270
CW - 249.2

To anyone unsure about doing this surgery, I say...
GO FOR IT!

Down 5 More Pounds!

Hello everyone! Well, since I started this weight loss journey, I have lost 49 pounds! WOO-HOO...Thought I would share a photo...have a great day!

Transformation Tuesday

I am amazed when I see myself in a mirror now. VSG has not been a walk in the park (no pun intended - LOL), but neither was being sick and obese! Here's to adding years to my own life!!

I'M MELTING AWAY (AND I LOVE IT)!!! VSG works

Sleeved: 6/6/16
HW: 293
SW: 278
CW: 232

VSG Works

I'm never going back to being obese! #ThanksVSG

I'm getting there, slowly but surely....

I now have a waist again!!!

Should I Get The Flu Shot Again This Year?

The flu vaccine is tomorrow at work and I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems when getting one after VSG?
Denver Bariatric Surgeon