Upper and Lower Lid Surgery - Great Results

I actually decided to go through with the "Asian...

I actually decided to go through with the "Asian Eyelid" surgery based on sagging under my eyes. It wasn't horrible, but I definitely was noticing a lot of puffiness (sagging is not really a good description) whenever I smiled. In pictures it showed up a lot. So, in an effort to stay on top of things before getting out of hand, I paid a visit to my favorite doctor, Dr. Linda Huang (pronounced "wong").

Since I was always interested in the Asian Eyelid surgery, I decided to do them both at the same time. During my consultation, Dr. Huang and I used tape to the upper lids, so she could get a clear idea of my intended results. The last thing I wanted was an extreme change.

The surgery was easy. I was out completely. When I woke up, I had quite a bit of pain. My friend was there to help. She was working, and brought me to her home office; unfortunately, with everything going on, she forgot to give me ice for my eyes. I was suffering quite a bit, and didn't want to "bother" her by asking for pain killers.

The swelling and initial appearance freaked me out. I stayed the night, and actually drove myself home the next day. Another sign, I wasn't taking my pain killers properly. The pain went from 8/9 out of 10 right after surgery to 7 the next day.

Once I was home, I started icing, with baggies of frozen corn and took my meds properly (percocet). This helped tremendously and my pain went down to about a 2. Dr. Huang called me the next day, and I described the swelling; I sent pictures to her assistant as well. This helped a lot...her assistant assured me that my picture was normal. Honestly, I felt like a monster, and thought this was a horrible mistake.

I couldn't watch TV, read or do anything since keeping my eyes iced helped a lot and I wanted the swelling to do down.

Sure enough, things started to improve on day 2 or 3. After that, I started seeing improvements from the the beginning to end of each day. I went back to work 5 days later, still wearing sunglasses. I think mostly because I was self conscious of the change in my appearance.

In the end, the results were great. The under eye issues I was having were completely gone...no more airbrushing photos, or looking "tired" when I smiled. The upper lids were done perfectly. The upper lid scar took about 9+ months to really fade. If you see before and after pictures online, I think they minimize that, by only showing pictures with eyes open or with make up.

If you do this surgery, follow pre-op instructions. Ramp up Vitamin C intake, Arnica a week prior, no advil...etc. Lots of water. And most of all, ice immediately and constantly.

A medical esthetician friend of mine, also advised me to do as little as possible. She was specific...no walking, no exercise, no cleaning...just literally lay on couch/bed with head slightly elevated. She said any increase in blood pressure will increase swelling and bruising. She has worked in her field for 20 years for 3 of the best doctors in the area, so I took her advice. I do believe it helped a lot...otherwise, I would have been inclined to clean and get around more...etc. Given my initial pics, my recovery went very fast.

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Huang for this surgery. I have no scars at all.

price...

I dont recall the exact price... it actually could have been 3700.... Dr.. Huang is not the "value priced" doctor.. She's fair.. She has a top quality education (Stanford, Georgetown, Duke).. She's a workoholic with tons (I mean tons) of experience, as well as and excellent business woman.. Her office/practice operates like a well oiled machine... she has an excellent support team..
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Huang is one of the busiest plastic surgeons in Denver...because she is the best. Be prepared to schedule your surgery well in advance. If you're a new patient, then waiting for the initial consultation is well worth the wait. She truly is amazing...technique, professionalism, interpretation of your desired results, setting expectations...