25 Yr Old, 240 Lbs, Plus Size Tummy Tuck!!! - Decatur, GA

Im 25 years old, weighing between 235-240 lbs,...

Im 25 years old, weighing between 235-240 lbs, single and no kids. Had a tummy tuck on March 12,2014 with Dr. Difranceso in Atlanta, Ga. Her staff was great, very nice, and attentative even on their off days. The cost of the surgery was about 7,500 plus 1,500 because i got lipo on my back totaling about 8700 after the hospital and anesthesia. Being 25 years old without kids i did not have my stomach wall tightened during surgery. I was not in horrible pain after surgery either like i thought it would be, however everyones pain level is different. I did rent a recliner, and it really did help after surgery, so i would suggest renting one. The first 3 days i needed assistance taking a shower and getting food but thats about it. I was able to get my drains out after 7 days which was great. Im currently at about 1o days post op and my stomach is still swollen and my sides are a little uneven, so im am waiting and being optimistic if it will level up when i go to my next follow up appointment on April 1. Oh yeah, my incision is very low which is great, and the scar isn't that horrible looking.

4 weeks Still Not Flat

Well now after having my procedure done talking to fellow patients that Dr. D has done and being 4 weeks post op im having mixed feelings about this tummy tuck. The scar is healing nicely, even though I wasnt cut the same way on both sides, one side is higher than the other. I will update pictures later. Also, I still have a buldge which im concerned about, Dr.D and her staff keep saying its swelling, which I do feel I have a little, but not seeing a significant difference from my pictures from 4 weeks ago. Looking at other patients on realself at 3 weeks and there stomach is extremely flat and they weighed more than me. Now the communication, dissatisfied with that because I feel at least Dr.D or her staff could call you personally after surgery to see how you're doing, I mean u did just fork over thousands to the office. Last follow up appointment I did express my concerns to her staff and Dr. D so now ill just have to wait and see what changes my body will make if any at all. The good this is that I am now weighing 229lbs.

4 week update

Just had my follow up, no complications so far. I was getting worried I had a possible seroma because my stomach still has a bulge and is not flat yet and back rolls still there. Still wearing my garment, so hopefully will see more progress at 6 weeks.

Last and Final Review Dr. Difranceso E Ponce DeLeon Decatur, Ga 4mth post op and Pissed

Angry, upset, and a waste of money, nor could I show my new stomach this summer going to Dr. Difrancesco. I am over 4 months post op and my swelling is mostly gone my sides are still uneven and my stomach is still not flat. I was trying to be optimistic but nothing has changed. I knew as soon as I got off that surgery table she had messed up on me and I kept voicing my concerns ever since. I went to Dr. D because she said she was double certified and she said she was experienced with bigger patients, and I was sold on Tia G’s review on this site. Boy I was in for a rude awaking, after talking to other patients that have recently had surgery with her, they are disappointed and pissed also. I had my last appointment on Thursday to go over options of getting a revision; Kristia told me it will be another $1500 WTF. I refuse to give her or her hospital another dime of my money. In addition to the $8700 I already paid, and they sent me a $300 dollar bill 2 months later. Kristia, Andraya, and Dr. D say that I look better. For the record I didn’t pay over $9000 to look better, I paid to look GREAT and that’s not what I got, I got a fat belly with uneven sides, I could have went to the gym to look better. I only value the options of my family and friends because they are the honest ones in my life and they said that “Dr.D could’ve done a better job on me.” That’s what hurts the most because if not only you, but others can see the flaws in your procedure then it’s problem. My suggestion is that this site is very helpful contact people off this site, don’t be in a rush, look at pictures closely, and ask for recent pictures get a lot of consultations from different doctors. Kristia mentioned that people don’t come back for follow ups, and I see why now, some of them are more than likely disappointed in the work and find another Dr. to go to. Not one time throughout this whole thing did Dr. Difrancesco apologize or take accountability for cutting me wrong, which was obvious, and having to deal with one side being higher than the other. This is my last and final review on Dr. D because it may be helpful or give some insight on what to expect or things to watch for, there are not a lot of pictures or reviews about her work when dealing with her plus sized patients.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Her staff very professional, and nice, addresses every concern even on the weekends when they are scheduled off (Kristi and Andraya).