5 Year Old Implants Need to Be Redone - Daytona Beach, FL

I had a breast augmentation about 5 years ago and...

I had a breast augmentation about 5 years ago and was initially happy with the results but was also young and did not do my research and simply went with this doctor because he was running a special...big mistake! I am now having problems with capsular contracture which has caused hardening and unevenness. I have visited with other doctors since and have learned that the placement of the type of implant (smooth silicone gel implant over the muscle) that he used almost always leads to capsular contracture and this information is proven common knowledge and has been around for well over 6 years. When initially meeting with Dr. Loessin I was told there was no reason to go under the muscle and was not even given that option although this placement decreases the chances of capsular contracture. I also was not informed that a textured implant is often used when going above the muscle as it too decreases the chances of capsular contracture. After meeting with several other surgeons and deciding on an extremely competent doctor, it is very apparent the lack of time Dr. Loessin spent with me, getting my input, going over options, and together deciding what would yield the best outcome based on my expectations (which I don't think were unreasonable). I am now having to go back under the knife, spend money that could go towards other things, have the capsules removed, a new pocket created under the muscle where I wish they'd have been placed to begin with, and go through the recovery process all over again. Just be so careful when choosing a plastic surgeon and make sure you feel like they care about you in the long run and understand the results you are looking for! They also did not have my records when I requested them and did nothing to help obtain them to provide to me! But instead I had to jump through hoops to get them from the hospital where he did my surgery.
Key West Plastic Surgeon