Too Young for This Body -Dayton, OH

I'm seeking a tummy tuck (possibly mini?) to...

I'm seeking a tummy tuck (possibly mini?) to correct loose skin and crooked c-section scar. I had my son at a young age (16) and I gained about 70 lbs. During my pregnancy, I gained weight so fast that I have stretch marks from my breasts down to my calves. I have tried exercising in the past and losing weight but my stomach stays the same no matter what I do. I've used every oil, cream, scrub and chemical peel known to man to try and tighten the skin as well as lighten the stretch marks. Believe it or not, this is the best they have ever looked. It took 10 years to even consider taking pictures of my stomach. I'm determined to do whatever it takes to save money for this surgery. I guess I'm here looking for advice. I most likely would need a full tummy tuck? but I'm afraid of the scar and the way the belly button looks after surgery.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 years later

I can't believe I started this review over 2 years ago but I've finally decided to schedule a consultation for Monday April 18...and I am also already pre-approved for financing through care credit. I was hesitant to finance cosmetic surgery but I'm just ready to have a normal looking stomach at any cost.

Im crossing my fingers that I don't have muscle separation (diastasis) and could possibly get great results with only a mini tuck. I'm still back and forth on what I want. I want the best results possible but I'm very afraid of a huge scar and unnatural looking belly button with a full tummy tuck. A lot of tummy tuck scars look to me like the patient has been severed in half. And then I do see some that have faded so nicely that they're almost invisible.

Another concern is recovery time. My job is very physically demanding.

Send prayers and good vibes my way.

1st consultation done

Here are the markings from the surgeon. The lower solid markings near my pubic area/c-section are the mini TT. The skin inside that little almond shape is the skin that would be excised and pulled down to create a new scar in the same spot but a little bit longer.

The dotted marking up to my belly button are the full TT. All of the skin inside the dotted markings would be excised and then a little lipo (no lipo with mini) also the dot above my belly button would be pulled down to where my belly button is. So, everything would be stretched down a lot more and mostly all of my stretch marks on my stomach taken away (I still have them everywhere else unfortunately) but also with a bigger and higher scar. The scar would be at the top of mini TT markings and go from hip to hip.

He said my muscles are in good condition.

I thought there might be a third option offered for someone who doesn't quite need a full but a little more than a mini...but he didn't mention anything. He alluded that I wouldn't be happy with a mini. Then I asked him what he thought I should do and he really gave no opinion either way. Is that common? For a surgeon to just remain neutral when you're asking their professional opinion? I thought that's what I was paying him for lol.

It's basically a little under 5k for a mini and a little under 10k for a full. *sigh* I wouldn't mind paying 6 or 7 for a surgeon to customize my procedure to my specific wants and needs. Especially now that I know my muscle are in good condition.

Any advice or suggestions or comments would be appreciated.