45 Years Old with 3 Kids - Dallas, TX

I am 15 days post op today I wish I'd found this...

I am 15 days post op today I wish I'd found this site prior to my surgery to update you on my progress. I will have to go back and try to recap everything from the consultation to date. This was a decision that I made a few years ago but never had the means to do it. Last year I now had the means and decided that I would. I did a lot of research and had two consultations. I chose Dr. J on my second consult (3/3/14) because he made me feel so at ease and answered all my questions etc. I scheduled my surgery before I left his office. I had my surgery (lipo & TT) on 3/26/14 and it is one of the best decisions I'd made. 5 days post op my drain tubes were removed and that is the first time I saw my new stomach. I was in AWE. I cried because it looked so good. Surprisingly I wasn't in much pain except for getting up and going to restroom. I stropped taking my pain meds 2 days after my tubes were removed. The sleeping in a reclining position, the no showering, the throat mucous, the walking humped, the horrible back pain, etc are well worth it. I know it is all apart of the healing process.

15day PO pic

This is me after my 2nd PO appt.

Standing straighter 20 DPO

So last night I slept completely flat on my back and it was a lil uncomfortable while I was falling asleep because it felt like my stomach was being pulled but I can say it did help with me standing a lil straighter this morning. I still can't sleep on my sides because of my incision. How long will the pulling sensation last? How long will the lipo spots hurt. My back, lower back and flank areas are were he lipo'd and those parts are the cause of most of my pain. I have a massager that I put on the lowest setting and place it on my pain spots and does seem to temporarily help soothe the pain. I know in just 20 DPO and healing is a process but does anyone have any suggestion on how to massage the lipo locations to get rid of the pain?

Update with pictures

So I got up this morning feeling great from the 2nd night of sleepy super duper flat on my back. I am walking like a human again. I am still a lil humped and walking slow but I am walking and feeling way better than i have in days. Thought I take some pictures. Excuse the non matching underwear I'm just happy to be able to wear any. Lol!

30 DPO

Today I had my 30 DPO appt today and doc says healing just fine. He is still concerned with my BB and will watch it closely because he says it can look way better. My incision looks great he even stated how pleased he is with it. I must still wear surgical tape which helps to heal and keep from being irritated by my clothes. The CG I must still wear but only during the day. I can take it off at night while I'm sleeping. I am still very swollen especially in the groin area. I still have issues bending over and my sides hurt when I get up after sitting. Sleeping flat is still the best remedy to straighten up. Overall I feel good and look great. Here are a few pictures.

90 DPO

Hey Real Selfers I know it's been a while since I've posted. I was 90 days out on these pics and doing well. Dr J is still concerned with my BB but I think it looks great. I am loving my new body. I still have slight pain from the lipo locations but it's ok. My tummy doesn't feel as stretched as it first did while laying flat. I am not 100% yet but I'm feeling 1000% better than I was a2 months ago. I still have that swollen groin area but my doc assured me it will go down. I am so glad I did this. My friends noticed the drastic weight loss (lol) Happy Healing to the rest of you.

90 DPO Pictures

More 90 DPO Pics

I made the website...

Dr. J was so pleased with my results he placed my pictures on the website. I am so honored but e did all the work. He is amazing.

7 months post op

It's been a while since I posted any updates. I am 7 months post op in these pictures and I'm still doing great. Dr. J is a little concerned because my incision keloid so we are aggreesively doing scar therapy to reduce the swollen and darkness of the scar which we knew would be a possibility because of my ethnicity but overall I'm still very pleased with results.

2 yrs PO

Well it's been a while since my last post. I herd because j am thinking about having my scar revised. It darkened and keloid and I think I got out in the sun too soon and that's the reason why. Before I was always covered and still wore the tape on my incision 24/7. That's why I healed so nicely that you could barely see my incision. One time in the sun now the appearance is bothering me because I know how good it did look. I will go see dr J to see if he can revise it. I will keep you posted.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. J was very personable and answered all of my questions and didn't make me feel rushed at all unlike the others I'd had consultations with. I felt good in the fact that he gave me his honest opinion vs just telling me yes to get more money from me. Anyone in the DFW area I would recommend to him.