42 Y/o Hispanic Female with Melasma - Dallas, TX

I'm tired of wearing tons of makeup to cover my...

I'm tired of wearing tons of makeup to cover my melasma. I'm a 42 year old Hispanic female with dark patches on my face. I have done 6 jessners peels and microdermabrasion with an esthetician. It has lightened it a bit but still not enough to get rid of the spots completely.Hoping this Tca peel works to lighten those spots. I wear sunscreen diligently and take really good care of my skin.

Day 2

This is the second day after TCA 30% chemical peel, no pain just some mild inflammation under my eyes. Using Aquaphor as per my doctors instructions. No makeup, just letting it heal

Day 3

Face has gone from very dark to reddish, looks like a bad sunburn, no discomfort though. Just keeping it clean and using aquaphor to soothe the dryness.

Skin around my mouth started to peek a little bit after washing my face gently with dermatologists cleanser. Skin looks smooth, just very pink. The pink tone will go away in a couple of weeks. Can't wait for all of it to come off! Will keep posting updates...

Day-5 TCA peel

Healing nicely, bottom half of skin is coming off, doesn't hurt at all. Just looks painful.

Day-5 TCA Peel

looks like I will look normal by next week for sure, just a little pink but peeling well. Pigmentation above my upper lip is gone!

Day-6 TCA Peel

Looking good so far, my esthetician recommended using organic Emu oil to speed up healing and help with itchiness. She was right! Skin is looking great after just one application of Emu oil.

Day-7 TCA Peel

Finally looking normal! Skin is still healing but it looks great, melasma is gone just left with pink skin that will resolve over the next few days. glad I had this procedure and very happy with Dr. Christine Brown

Day-8 TCAPeel

Loving my new skin, spot free!
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Brown and her assistant Jim were very nice, not gonna lie the procedure hurt like hell. Glad the worst part is over! Now for the healing and peeling... Will post picks and keep you all posted.