T-town to D-town for a Better Nose - Dallas, TX

After years of thought and months of research, I...

After years of thought and months of research, I decided to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cochran (Dallas Rhinoplasty Center) in August 2016. I came in with 3 pages of questions, and he answered every single one. He spent over two hours with me and never did I feel rushed or that he was annoyed by my questions. Even though I knew when I left that I had found my doctor, I allowed myself a few days and then called to schedule surgery for November.

Dr. Cochran's staff is truly top notch. The process leading up to surgery was very well communicated by his office, and Nurse Jane was so prompt and thorough anytime I called or emailed with a question. Since I was traveling from Tulsa, I arrived in Dallas the day before surgery and had a second consultation with the doctor (at my request) to ease my anxiety and ask a couple final questions. Seeing Dr. Cochran again only solidified my resolve. I left feeling confident about surgery that following morning.

The staff at TX Institute for Surgery were great. I felt fortunate to have the first surgery of the day for Dr. Cochran and I was awake and back at my hotel by 11:30am. Believe it or not, there was very little pain. They gave me a pain pill before I left the hospital, and I took one again later that evening but only because it was recommended. I started cutting the pills in half and took maybe a total of two more prescription pills before switching to Tylenol only. (This was just my experience with pain and what worked for me). Recovery that first week was really more uncomfortable/annoying than painful. I followed the post-op instructions to a T. And I was grateful for the heads up from the nurse about what I could expect in terms of swelling (yes, it was the worst 3 days after surgery). I spent the night of my surgery in Dallas, but rode home to Tulsa the following day. And we drove back to Dallas 6 days after surgery for splint, cast and stitch removal.

The week after cast removal wasn't difficult physically. I could go out in public and strangers didn't stare. It was me who was incredibly self conscious. My nose was swollen (still is), and I didn't look like myself when I looked in the mirror. For me, that was difficult, even though I knew to expect it and to continue to expect it for the next few months. Every day does get better, and I know that I will LOVE the final result because I am already so pleased at just over 2 weeks post-op. My left airway was 80% obstructed pretty much my entire life, and it is truly AMAZING how well I can breathe now. And my nose looks great from the side. I am not a big fan of pictures, but I will post some soon.

My experience so far has been incredibly positive, so much so that my husband has decided to schedule surgery with Dr. Cochran for January. I am open to answer questions about my experience with the process or about Dr. Cochran and his staff. I am one highly satisfied patient, and I expect my husband will be as well.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Cochran. My experience with him has exceeded my expectations. I scheduled a consultation with him initially because I wanted someone who specialized in rhinoplasty and only did noses. I chose to have surgery with him after meeting him because of his extensive training and experience, as well as his and his staff's high level of professionalism. I trusted my head and my heart in making this decision, and I was not disappointed.