Septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction, Nasal Valve Repair & Rhinoplasty. Dallas, TX

I was very excited for this surgery. My quality of...

I was very excited for this surgery. My quality of breathing was not optimal. This was the primary reason for my nasal surgery although I had never like my profile due to a bump on the bridge and a droopy tip so I decided to do the rhinoplasty too. I was very upfront with Dr. Pero- noting I wanted a very natural and subtle change- not a super pinched or obvious nose job. He was very understanding and did he photoshop himself. This was important to me because it shows he's realistically making the visual modifications based on his experience. I asked for his opinion a lot on how my nose should look after surgery- since he is the expert. I really liked his suggestions. I considered two other surgeons but I decided on Dr. Pero because he is double board certified, honest, he made me smile and has a great staff (Dawn is the best!).

Day 2 Post Op

I'm still so happy I've had my surgery! Although I had the hardest time sleeping last night. Every time I would fall asleep, I would wake up almost immediately because I closed my mouth and couldn't breath through my nose. Aside from the sleeping, My bruising and pain is fairly minimal compared to what I was expecting. Dawn from Dr. Pero's office called me today to check on me and go over the post-op instructions.

Day 2 Post Up

Today was definitely the hardest day in my recovery process. I woke up with massive amounts of swelling and pain. I've been taking minimal pain medication dosage- because I don't really like taking narcotics but I'm thinking I really need to take the max prescribed right now. I still haven't been able to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. Every time I dose off, I immediately wake up since my mouth automatically closes and I can't breath through my nose. Eating was very difficult. I tried to walk around the house a little and sit outside in the shade. It was nice to have a change of scenery. I'm still very pleased I did the surgery- despite the pain and everything. I'm staying optimistic and looking forward to better breathing!

Day 3 Post Op

Today started out as rough as yesterday- I still haven't been able to sleep for more than 20 minutes and was in quite a bit of pain this morning. The pain has very much subsided and is controlled by the pain medication. I also noticed a whistle noise in one nostril when I would swallow or slightly breathe. I called the Dr. on call who told me it probably wasn't a big deal and to keep doing my nasal rinses frequently. I've noticed the swelling has also gone down today. I was able to make two laps around the street today- trying to walk gently to help with healing. Even though my cast is still on, I can see a big improvement in the appearance of my nose. This is very promising and I'm looking forward to cast removal day!

Day 4 Post-Op

Today I woke up feeling great. I was in minimal pain and had lots of energy. I resumed working from home for part of the day and it felt great to get back into the swing of things. I accidentally bumped my nose last night (sister's dog head-butted me). I called Dawn at Dr. Peros' office and she asked me a few questions about the bump and determined it would be okay to wait until my post-op appointment to have it evaluated. Other than that, the small bruising seems to be turning yellow and fading. I'm in almost no pain- I started taking Tylenol instead of the Rx pain meds. Those were really stopping my digestion and left me feeling groggy. It was nice to switch to something milder. I'm also noticing the swelling really going down. Dr. Pero was such a great surgeon. I can really see where his skills have really improved the tip of my nose. I can't wait for the cast to come off to see more results.

One Week Post- Op

I am so happy with the results! I had surgery exactly one week ago and am amazed at what an amazing job Dr. Pero did. He said that it is still pretty swollen but I am so impressed with the results, I can't wait for it to improve from here.

1 month post op

Here are pictures from one month out. Really happy with the progress and surgeon so far!

1 month pics

7 Weeks Post Op

Still really happy with the healing- I understand there is still swelling and it will just take a few months to get down. Dr. Pero did a great job!

12 weeks post op

I wanted to update- just passed the 12 week mark and I'm very happy with my progress. Dr Pero did a great job. My nose is still pretty stiff at the tip but I'm told this swelling with take up to a year to go down. Here are pictures from before, 1 month and 3 months.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pero was really great. At my initial consultation, he was very honest about what I could realistically expect and what he recommended based on his extensive experience. He also did the photoshop himself of what I would look like after surgery- which made me feel very reassured. His scheduler, Dawn, is really great too. She is very responsive and made me feel very comfortable. I went to two other surgeons for consultations and Dr. Pero's expertise & Dawn's friendliness are the reason I chose to go with him over the others. Pre-Op, Dr. Pero met with me right before surgery and reassured me that he would make things as comfortable as possible for me. He has a great bedside manner- a good mix of smiling and extremely smart.