Mommy Makeover After 2 Little Ones - Dallas, TX

I just made my payment for my mommy makeover! ...

I just made my payment for my mommy makeover! It's just over two weeks away, and I am so excited, and, I think, just as nervous! I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old that I stay home with, and my husband works out of town. My main worry is that I will only have help for a week after surgery. It makes me feel a whole lot better though that my doctor said I should be able to pick my 20 month old up after surgery.

I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant with my son, the 3 year old, and, thanks to nursing, I lost it plus 20 more. Then I gained and lost another 50 with my youngest, my daughter. After all that and nursing both of them I am left with a stomach that is never flat, a little loose skin, and deflated breasts. My stomach literally sticks out farther than my breasts, even with a pa. I am so excited to get surgery!

2 days post op!

I'm two days post op, and I feel pretty good. I haven't had any pain medication besides 800mg ibuprofen and that seems to be sufficient. My bellybutton is a little sore though, and a little red, so I think I'll call and see if it's normal.

There are two drains. There doesn't seem to be too much fluid collecting in them, so that's going well. They are just in the way a little bit, but they don't hurt at all.

A week and 2 days post op!

Everything is going well. I'm just a little achey here and there, but I'm starting to feel like a normal person again. Today, I'm standing straight. I'm surprised it took as long as it did though. I got my drains out day before yesterday, and I am so glad to be rid of them! They were irritated and pulling, and sore.

My implants were a little high, but they are coming down nicely. I think they're pretty much in the right place now. I'm loving my results, and I'm not even healed yet! I haven't seen the tummy tuck incision yet because the tape stays on for about another week. I will Post all my pictures soon.

Feeling great!

I feel better everyday! I didn't feel badly before, but each day I feel just a little bit better. It makes me realize the complete toll it took on my body. My bellybutton looks so much better and I'm loving the way my new body is looking!

There is some swelling, especially around the stomach incision. It's nothing really bothersome though. I am still wearing my compression garment. My post-op instructions said I only had to wear it for the first two weeks, but I'm not quite ready to go without it.

There was tape, called Steri strips, covering my Incisions for the first two weeks as well. I was nervous to take them off, butt they started peeling up in the shower, so I took them off.

I have a checkup with the ps tomorrow, so hopefully he thinks everything looks good.

Pics

Before

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Great experience so far! Dr. Deuber has been great, and I feel he is very knowledgeable. I feel like he helped me achieve the look I've been wanting. I have two small children that I stay at home with, no family close by, and a husband that works away from home. With all of that, I had one day that my surgery needed to be on so my mom could fly in, but it was full. They went out of their way to call in more people to make it possible! Incredible! Valerie, the patient coordinator, is amazing!! She's so sweet and helpful! I have also been able to email her pictures when I have had questions or concerns, and she has given them to Dr. Deuber. He gives her the answer, and she gets back to me quickly.The on thing I can think of is that I could have done with more information on what to expect things to look like as they heal, and anything to watch out for. All in all, it was a wonderful, though a little painful experience!