62 Years Old - Dallas, TX

I was introduced to Kybella by a friend...

I was introduced to Kybella by a friend who works in the industry. She felt I would be a good candidate at 62. I decided something was better than nothing and was happy to get an appointment for the treatment. I watched videos on "realself.com" and had some apprehension as to the number of shots I would be getting that day. The doctor numbed the area with a cream and then proceeded with the shots. He used 2 vials. I had minimal pain and it was done very quickly. I had burning which was slightly painful. I put ice on my neck before I left the office and kept it on when I got home. The swelling began about an hour after the treatment. Slight bruising at injection site began as well. The swelling continued for about 2 hours more and that is where it stayed. The pain was gone in about that time as well. I decided to stay in for the next few days. Day 3 the swelling has gone down a little, and Day 4 bruising is turning yellow. Swelling going down slowly. I expect I will have this for a week or more. I have a picture up of day 3 bruising. I will continue to post pictures through the time my swelling is gone.

Last edited 05/27/16 KW

Day 3 progress

Day 3 swelling subsiding. Still a little bruised

Day 6

Was hoping for more improvement. I am pretty near original neck size. Do hope there is more reduction to come. Still bruised but much better

2 weeks later - kybella

Considerable reduction in swelling and some fat
I see a difference in the fat below my chin. I had 2 vials.. will see in the next 2 weeks how much more this reduces.

4 weeks and counting

All swelling and bruising gone. I see results on the sides of my neck but still have a double chin in the middle. I feel that some of it has gone, but still have some hanging. going to see Dr. Burns on the 29th and possibly have another treatment. I do feel some of the fat gone, but do not feel this is "finished". I had 2 vials in one sitting.. Possibly one or two more may do it.

2nd treatment

this time I knew what to expect as far as burning and injection pain. Sailed through it. Not too much swelling this time. Hope the bruising is not as bad. I had really good results from the first treatment and hope this gets rid of sagging flesh altogether. Dr. Burns felt that I would not have any sagging flesh left under my chin. I will keep you posted in the coming weeks. No picture to post today. Pretty much the same as the first.. When I see significant improvement, I will share.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr burns is very warm and caring and considerate and was very comforting as I was very apprehensive about the injections I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for any type of plastic surgery