22 Years Old, 5'8, 165lbs - 34DDD hoping to become a 34C! - Dallas, TX

Hello Everyone! I've been a long time lurker on...

Hello Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker on this site, I made an account a little over a year ago.
I suppose I'll start with a little bit about myself. I'm a recent college graduate and just finished moving from my college town to the Dallas area looking for jobs pertaining to my media degree. This has given me some extra time to look more thoroughly into getting a breast reduction instead of just talking about it.

My breasts started to really become noticeably disproportionate whenever I started college back in 2012. I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that the hormones in my birth control had something to do with it - I switched from the Depo Provera(sp?) shot to the Nexplanon implant during my second semester and almost immediately noticed weight gain. Obviously this was to be expected on top of the supposed "freshman 15", but I almost strictly gained weight in my breasts. The Nexplanon implant lasts for the years until replacement/removal, and from February 2012 to February 2016 I went from a 34C to a 34 DDD(F). That's a cup size a year! I got the implant replaced, but after 4 months I changed my mind. I went back to my gynecologist, and after being hassled about being sure if I wanted it removed, I got that thing out of my body. Now, I'm waiting to see if there's a difference, but who knows if I'm even right.

Here's the thing - I don't want to spend the rest of my life stressing out about back pain and physical therapists, being concerned how much larger they'll get when I decide to have kids, crying when I try to buy a damn swimsuit at Target. I'm tired of it. And I don't HAVE to put up with it anymore. I don't care how much work it takes, I'm determined to get this done.

No one in my life really understands what a physical and psychological toll large breasts can take. It's really crazy when you try to explain it to someone, you know? My sister and I have the same build, same height, everything - and she is a small C cup. My mom barely has breasts at all. I am very lucky though, the reduction was initially my mom's idea years ago and when she told me about it I thought she was insane. Mom's are always right, though.
Last month when my sister and I were trying sports bras on at the store for our hiking trip to Colorado, I kept trying to explain to her that they weren't going to fit me. She just kept rolling her eyes at me, so I decided that I would just show her what I meant. I grabbed the XL, as usual, tried it on in the dressing room, and turned to her. It had all the spillage and usual bullshit - she looked at me and was so confused, "THAT'S an XL?". At that point I just broke, I lifted the bra up and showed her my breasts and said, "THIS is why. See? I'm miserable." She was so surprised at how big they'd gotten. I teared up, we sat down and I told her about the reduction and how serious I was about it. She was so supportive. She's a teacher and has the summers off, and said if she needed me to take care of her that she would be there for me through all of it.
My boyfriend is also just as supportive, he just wants me to be happy. We were going to a barbecue and swimming at his mom's house last month and he had to be part of the whole 'trying to find a modest enough swimsuit' ordeal. Everything I wear in the summer makes me look so exposed, which is extremely uncomfortable for me. It's hard to order specialty bras online because they only fit for a few months.

WOW - I ranted way more than I expected to. Let's get down to actual business here:
The first thing I did was called my insurance company to see if I had any hope of being covered for the surgery. And it turns out I could be! They had a condition that I had to get a referral from my PCP for a consultation - that took my copay down from around $150 to $10. Getting in to see my PCP is always an ordeal, they're usually backlogged about 3 weeks. But I finally got in to see her, told her the situation. She gave me a spiel about how big of a decision this was, maybe I should try other things first, etc etc. I understand where she's coming from, but at my age I tend to get people trying to second guess my decisions like I haven't thought it through well enough. It's my body and I know what's right for it.
*Pro tip: Have a list of plastic surgeons that you would like to see with you when you go to your primary doctor. Call and check that they accept your insurance before hand. My doctor's office was understaffed and weren't prepared to do that work for me, which set me back about a week because it took them 48 hours+ to fax it over to each doctor.

So, I've decided to see Dr. Frederick Lester for my first consultation. I made the call today, there was a woman at the front desk named Mary who was unbelievably kind and helpful. My consult is on August 3rd! I know it's just the first step but I'm so excited to talk to an expert and not feel like I'm overreacting for once.

I'm going to update frequently on here and I'll post pictures. I would love to meet ya'll and go through this journey together! Don't be shy.

Stay strong friends, and never take no for an answer!

Just noticed that one is a little larger than the other lol, but here are my before photos. I'm currently a 34F, hoping for a 34C!

First Consultations!

So, I met with 2 Doctors this week. There was definitely some anxiety going into both of the appointments because it's obviously very revealing and leaves you feeling exposed.
I met with Dr. Angobado on Monday, and honestly I liked his nurses more than the doctor. He talked to me for a while and answered my questions, but there was something about his demeanor that didn't make me feel comfortable. Also - small thing, but he used the word "boobs" like three times instead of using more professional terminology. Those kinds of things matter to me.

Fast forward to today - I met with Dr. Lester in Dallas. His office his like 10 minutes from my house. The staff was so unbelievably kind and helpful, and Dr. Lester has over 30+ years of experience so he told me honestly what my expectations should be. I explained to him that I wanted to go for a small C cup, and he said that was possible. The second I left I started the "faxing rodeo" and got all the paperwork in! They said they would send the claim to my insurance company by the end of the week, so now I wait. I'm really hoping I get a response more on the 2 weeks end instead of the 3 months end...

It's so cool getting the ball rolling and making this a reality. If I get approved I will definitely cry tears of joy.