Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy

After being diagnosed with right side stage 1...

After being diagnosed with right side stage 1 breast cancer my breast surgeon referred me to Dr. Ricardo Meade for a reconstruction consultation. I was able to get an appointment within a week. I met with Dr. Meade as well as his staff including his medical, surgical and office assistants. After consulting with Dr. Meade and his medical staff we decided I would undergo a DIEP Flap procedure reconstruction. Although the procedure sounded quite daunting at first, Dr. Meade made me feel very comfortable with choosing this option as he felt I would be more satisfied with the outcome based on my age and overall health. I can't be more pleased with my outcome.  I am 10 days post-surgery and my breast reconstruction and "tummy tuck" already look amazing.  I am already rapidly regaining strength and haven't had to rely on much pain medication since I've been home the past five days.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I believe Dr. Meade did an outstanding job with my surgery - he is a true artist. I also want to send kudos to surgical assistant Trish and medical assistant Angela who answered all much questions in a timely fashion and held my hand throughout the entire process both, literally and figuratively.