35 Yr Old Mom of 2 Yr Old - No Drain TT w/ MR, flank and inner thigh Lipo

Hi everyone, after visiting four wonderful...

Hi everyone, after visiting four wonderful doctors, I finally decided on Dr. Harlan Pollock to do my tummy tuck. To be honest, when I started my quest I wanted lipo and had no idea what a drainless tummy tuck was. I decided to chronical my experience in hopes it will help someone else decide. My reason for choosing drainless is because the claim is that recovery will be quicker and I won't have to be hunched over. I have a two year old son so quick recovery is most important. But for him I would have chosen Dr. Perry Landon who almost talked me out of cosmetic surgery because he was so honest and empathetic.

Monday is my pre-op, two weeks prior. Can't wait.

Pre-op and before photos

Went to my preop today and I guess it's official now since I paid. LOL. Had a long list of questions which the nurse answered even before the PS came in. I really like the nurse, Kim, she is easy to talk to. They also gave me a lot of written instructions which I really appreciate. The only thing that surprised me was that it says light activity starting Day 1. I had planned to stay in bed the first day and just sleep however this is not recommended. Not sure what I'll do or what " light activity" is. Any advice from the RS community would be appreciated.

Today is the big day, yea!

Here are my pre-surgery measurements.
Weight: 151
Waist: 37 inches
Leg: 24 1/2 inches

Texas Surgery Institute - wonderful

Stayed overnight at Texas Surgery Institute. Great staff and beautiful facility. This was optional but since my surgery was late in the day my PS recommended I stay. Definitely a luxury to recover here. Hubby slept on couch/bed and I got IV fluids and medicine. Plus they put these things on my legs for circulation and the nurses were very attentive. My PS came by this morning to check on me and I saw my tummy for the first time. It looks beautiful!

Fourth day post op update

Today I'm finally back to normal, or at least 90%. I am actually surprised by how little pain I have experienced. I had a full TT w/ MR and lipo on flanks and thighs. The first two days were the worst and I needed my husbands help getting up and sitting down then I finally took the narcotics and I became more independent. Today was my first day completely drug free (except ibuprofen) and I have been able to do everything I normally do, even pick up my son to put on my lap. (Yes, I know I shouldn't, but I was sitting down and it didn't hurt). Glad my sister is staying with us for the week to watch my son, because it would have been hard the first two days for hubby to take care of both of us.

Surprises:
1. Weight and measurements are exactly the same as the day of surgery. I'm assuming this is due to the swelling, though I know this is not a weight loss surgery I still hoped.
2. Still haven't had a bowl movement. Doctor said not to worry about it so Im trying not to but I don't remember ever going this long without one.
3. Coughing is very painful. I pray I don't get sick or I'll definitely go back on the narcotics.
4. I saw the PS the morning I left the hospital but then he called me the following morning to check on me. I though this was especially nice because it was thanksgiving.

Four Days Post Op Photos

These are my post op photos that I took yesterday. The jury is still out on whether it was worth it or not. I'm hoping that my stomach will be even flatter once the swelling goes down. Also looking forward to all the bruising being gone. Everywhere there was lipo there is a bruise which is the flanks and the inner thighs. PS said that I didn't have any fat to remove in my abdomen.

One Week Follow Up - Scar Pics

Yesterday I went for my one week follow up and got my stitches removed and finally saw my scar underneath the tape. I must say that I was dreading this moment because I have seen some horrible scars on this site. My biggest fear was that it was going to be uneven or too high. Neither of which I could fix. I'm happy that it is perfectly symmetrical and right in line with my pubic hair as you can see in my photos. I was surprised to see that I looks like a wave or a "W" coming in at the center. I also like my belly button, it looks natural.
I talked to the doctor about Embrace scar treatment and he doesn't think that i need ANY scar treatment. One of the things I didn't realize was that with this progressive tension technique you don't get as much pulling i.e. the scars don't stretch as much i.e. naturally thinner scars. However, Kim, his RN says that she has had positive results with it and she would do it so I decided to give it a try. I go next week after the scar has healed. I'm interested to know if anyone else has done or intends to do any scar treatment.

Six Week Post-op Update & pics

Can't believe its been 6 weeks!

Here are my measurements
Weight: 141 (down 10 lbs)
Waist: 36 (down 1 in)
Leg: 23 (down 1 1/2 in)

Important milestones:
Day 4: off drugs (except Ibuprofen)
Day 5: first post op poop (uneventful)
Day 13: started scar therapy (embrace)
Day 14: back to work (uneventful)
By one month most of my swelling was gone. Yea.

I wore my compression garment the entire six weeks but yesterday I retired it. Yea, again :)

So glad I did this especially when I look at the before and after pics. Definitely worth it.

I'm also posting my updated pics.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I am six weeks post TT and I am tremendously glad that I chose Dr Harlan Pollock. He is a cosmetic surgery genius and this drainless TT that he created is revolutionary. I can't believe how painless my recovery was. He told me most of his patients are in such little pain they can manage it with Ibuprofen and he was right. I only took 3 narco pills during my whole recovery and mainly to sleep. No nausea, constipation or any complications whatsoever. My scars are nice and low, my belly button is very natural looking and tummy looks fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better result or a better surgeon.