1) when I came to the office to pay for the surgery a couple of days prior. The finance manager is a welcoming person but she said I have to pay cash. So I told her to give me 10 minutes to get to the bank and bring the cash. I drove to the closest bank and 5 minutes later she called me telling me if I don't come ASAP he can't do the surgery then maybe less than 5 minutes later she called again. All this rush within less than 15 minutes!!!
2) The night of the surgery I stayed at the hotel in the same surgery center. I was in terrible pain & I couldn't sleep they had construction. They were digging over my head. Plus I told the nurse that the garment was tight and I asked for something soft to put on the left side under my arm and she got me something soft (a female pad!!!!). I was in pain but she gave me the pain medication 90 minutes later! I contacted the office and they said they will refund the whole amount but they refunded 85% of it. I contacted the hotel manager but he didn't get back to me.
3) Almost 7 days after discharge I called in because I had fever, a cold and an opening with foul smell. So the finance manager told me to take hydrocodone with 2 pills of Tylenol and an antibiotic! I had an allergic reaction and later on I knew that she shouldn't have instructed me that!
4) Scar tissues on both legs weren't identical at all! Not even close. One of them in the crease and the other one is way below the crease. This was obvious right after surgery. They said its because I am swollen and with time they will even up. But they didn't! And I know it's impossible for both scars to be identical but at least to be almost close!
5) I complained a lot to dr. J and his assistant about having lumps around the scar and they said its scar tissue! But it wasn't
6) Three months after surgery I left to my home country. And I still have the lumps with pain. But I thought as he said its healing. Almost 7 months after surgery the pain started getting worse. I contacted the office and both Myra & Janet were very sympathetic! They contacted dr. J's assistant and she said to massage with lotion and take anti inflammatory. And I will get better in 2 weeks! However, the more I massage the pain gets worse! I called one more time and Myra put me on the phone with dr.J. I told him that I had a CT scan and that I read it for him. He said I am not there to see me and go with what the doctor says! Which is totally fine! Then he told me that having Fat Necrosis is uncommon at this point and to follow the local doctor's treatment protocol!
7) Two days ago the pain got worse and I felt that something will explode in my lower left back. I went to the ER and I called Dr. J's office and emailed Myra & Janet all my X rays, blood works, reports, pictures that go a week back and current pictures, and the anti- biotic I am on. I told her that the doctors here won't touch me until they hear from Dr. J. And we are all waiting. She said he's in surgery and will be done in 6 hours which is 3 am in my time. I emailed her twice and she confirmed he will get back to me to give the green light for them to operate or not and be on the same page! We waited and its 3 am, 4 am in the morning and the office closed and no one got back to me even not with an email!
I understand he's not in the same country but I expect from anyone works in the medical field to have some empathy! Plus I paid a huge amount of money and I was expecting a return on that at least with the follow up!
Now I ended up scheduled for surgery in 3 days to take out all the fat flapping he made because it was infected! I didn't know he will do fat flapping and that fat necrosis is a common complication!!! I might end up having deformities as well!
Again the doctor is nice and patient but his finance manager acts as a finance manager, an office manager with appointments, as a call back point, she might even tells you what prescriptions to take and she tries not to let you meet the doctor because she thinks it's not urgent even with consulting with him! And that's not professional!
My mom, my sister, 3 other friends and I had surgeries with dr. J and we all had the same complains! I would recommend Dr. J but I will give no stars to his staff except Myra & Janet. And no stars as well for the follow up!