Lipo in Prague (Beauty in Prague) - Czech Republic, CZ

Had a tummy tuck a couple years ago that left my...

Had a tummy tuck a couple years ago that left my thighs, rear, and knees a mess for some reason, so decided to do lipo to try to get it back like it was before. Went to a clinic called Beauty in Prague. All seemed good initially, the downstairs staff are pleasant if somewhat disorganized at times. There is a lot of waiting the day of surgery, and remember you haven't eaten since the day before. I think I was taken up for the procedure around 4pm or so. Basically the downstairs environment and staff are pleasant, upstairs care was very poor. Problem: After the surgery: The pain med given was Novalgin, an over the counter med with very poor reviews for effective. I can tell you from my experience that it is very poor pain relief: minimal to none. I was in a lot of pain after the lipo which was on my back, flanks abdomen, inner thighs, outer thighs, and knees. I kept telling nurse I needed something stronger. I was literally in tears and I do not tear easily. After between 2 or 3 hours she came in to give me a "shot" for pain. I asked why I was getting a shot when I had an IV in my arm but got no response. So she gives the shot in my hip right in the freshly lipo area! Holy crap that hurt. So I felt a little better for a few hours but then the pain returned I slept maybe 3-4 hours all night. I didn't get anything else for pain (except the useless novalgin). I was also vomiting and the night nurse just left it sitting on my bed table. The smell was terrible as the other two women in the small room were also vomiting. I was never helped to the bathroom and the door was pulled and all lights turned out. They also took my personal items that I wanted with me as they said there was no place in the room for bags. The bag was locked up somewhere downstairs and the items I pulled out were placed in a locker two rooms awake. Problem is you are not able to get up and get to your locker so you have no access to your belongings you take. I lay awake, in pain, starving (no dinner given, not even a cup of soup). The next morning I just wanted out of there, breakfast was given (a piece of dry toast and a tea). A box of Novalgin was given (tossed in trash), and I was released. The compression garment was cheaply made and poor fitting and no foam was placed beneath the hard areas leaving indentations in the skin. The week without pain management was bad, I had also traveled alone. In my country opiate pain management is a given after a surgical procedure. In some countries it is not the norm so be careful. I am 10 days out, still hurting, and getting ready to fly home tomorrow. I am not sure how the lipo will turn out but the experience in this clinic was very disappointing.
Prague Plastic Surgeon

Doctor seemed to be nice man but no prescription pain medication was offered post surgery (which was much needed). Too early to tell outcome of lipo. 10 days post op now, hard areas, bruised, swollen.